Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited November 2018
    @15aewar Thank you for your kind words! I really appreciate it. I wanted a female vampire character who looks good, but is actually bad to the bone...her name is Rose Thorne and she's the founder of the Thorne legacy! :)
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Since I'm new to this, I wondered how often is normal to update your story? Do you try to stick with a schedule or do you post updates as you have time/feel like it?
    It varies - you should do what feels comfortable.

A lot of writers post on a weekly schedule (e.g. 1 post every Tuesday), but others post almost every day, like @friendsfan367, or a few times a week when possible, like @AdamsEve1231 and @15aewar . So far I've been able to post twice a week, on Mondays and Thursdays.

But just as many post whenever the next chapter is ready. Picking some random pages in this lounge's thread will show you that :smile: When they're on a roll, there might be 2-3 chapters in just as many days, but other times there's no chapter that week. I believe @squirrelwithacup publishes that way (although I could be wrong, since I haven't started Nightshade yet).

The important thing is not to stress yourself out over it (which can be a recipe for writer's block). If you think a schedule might help you, maybe set a goal schedule and see how it works for you, without worrying too much if you can actually achieve it. Then adjust accordingly :smile:

i agree don't stress.
  • painted_dreams87painted_dreams87 Posts: 93 Member
    Thank you @BlackUndecimber I'm new here.
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    edited November 2018
    On posting schedules. Me I have no schedule. XD I try to get something released every day just because I have so many stories. But I'm not to worried about keeping up with it.

Example: at the moment I'm actually running out of saved screenshots and need to play the game. But I've been doing a lot of photo editing for my isbi and so haven't been playing the game much, so my updates are slower. And also I have a second blog that I'm releasing stuff on more this month so I've been a bit slower while I'm getting it established.

All up to you and people understand whatever you pick. :) No stress ! Enjoy!

On Stan Lee. I kind of want to make a superhero story. But not sure how to go about it. Maybe.. oh.. oooooo. I think I'm going to make a Stan Lee sim adoptable that can just came in various stories.

And I think the last thing I wanted to comment on was the forest. And.. o.o oh God's bugsie . Isn't that the scary one with the cannibals?
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    I suddenly got the urge to write a survival type story... Thanks bro! (I was sat watching him play some survival game just now...)

i might be confused again but i thought you had one. w something. :)

Nah. That's my apocalypse. (Thought you were talking about brothers for a second. I have more than one of those...)
    I wrote a 3rd chapter tonight. I'm enjoying it so much more than I thought I would. It feels like Melody is real in some ways.

https://painteddreamssims.wordpress.com/2018/11/13/1-3-friends-and-feuds/
  • 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    I wrote a 3rd chapter tonight. I'm enjoying it so much more than I thought I would. It feels like Melody is real in some ways.

https://painteddreamssims.wordpress.com/2018/11/13/1-3-friends-and-feuds/

I know, right? It's so much fun to get into the heads of the characters on the screen. :)
  • nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Hey SimLit writers! I was curious if there's a legacy story with a Short lifespan out there. It made me curious after the results on this poll: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950708/what-aging-game-setting-do-you-mostly-play-on#latest
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
    Nope. But when I'm aging up other households to get them to ages I need to match the story I play with them on short lifespan.

For example my duke-baker story I saw that my one character seemed to have fallen in love with another sim. So I went into that household and aged the love up so they were in the same age range each time. (All aging is turned off in that game file except current household)
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    I suck so much at organizing my blog, that I feel like giving it to someone else and then I just send them my posts and tell them under what headings I want the posts...or they can even just set the site up and I take it from there. :(

You can actually do that ! You can grant another WordPress user editor rights, even temporarily during set up , and they can help you set it up exactly as you want! I'll be happy to volunteer , if you'd like my help and aren't in a huge rush to get it done. (My schedule would allow me to devote a little bit of time this weekend , and quite a bit the next weekend which is a four-day weekend for me.)

Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Got a semi-general question for everyone, it's for the latest chapter that I'm rewriting (not very happy with the original version.)
    What are some healthy but fairly easy meals a couple can cook together? I'll do some poking around on the internet too.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
    Shadami wrote: »
    Nope. But when I'm aging up other households to get them to ages I need to match the story I play with them on short lifespan.

For example my duke-baker story I saw that my one character seemed to have fallen in love with another sim. So I went into that household and aged the love up so they were in the same age range each time. (All aging is turned off in that game file except current household)

noel is a young adult which seems weird cause the orginal 7 are too. still adjusting to him and lauren living apart.
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    I suck so much at organizing my blog, that I feel like giving it to someone else and then I just send them my posts and tell them under what headings I want the posts...or they can even just set the site up and I take it from there. :(

You can actually do that ! You can grant another WordPress user editor rights, even temporarily during set up , and they can help you set it up exactly as you want! I'll be happy to volunteer , if you'd like my help and aren't in a huge rush to get it done. (My schedule would allow me to devote a little bit of time this weekend , and quite a bit the next weekend which is a four-day weekend for me.)

This is true. :) Exhibit A (this is not promo for mine and cog's new story btw :lol: )
    tumblr_pi55nox5jn1wv47k8o1_540.png
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited November 2018

@CathyTea Oh, pretty please! Thank you SO, so much for offering to help! I won't pressure you, I promise! I'll send all the info you need in a PM. Maybe you can message me and tell me what you need.

Here's my first chapter of the Thorne Legacy, everyone: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/2018/11/13/chapter-1-new-beginnings/
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
    big update today don't forget to remove your mods.

i did already. which went okay the scary part is after the update i have to put them back :)
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    NyteRose wrote: »
    Got a semi-general question for everyone, it's for the latest chapter that I'm rewriting (not very happy with the original version.)
    What are some healthy but fairly easy meals a couple can cook together? I'll do some poking around on the internet too.

Something simple that covers a few basic food groups (a starch, a vegetable, a protein in your favorite proportions). Like a simple stir-fry and rice, stuff that you can throw into the oven to bake or roast (potatoes, root vegetables, chicken drumsticks, tofu, etc), slow cooker meals, weekend leftovers, stuff you'd cook on a weeknight. I know this is veering close to real-life advice too, but that's fine. ;)

Real life references: though strictly a vegan channel, The Happy Pear has a lot of videos of simple and quick recipes that are usually prepared by the two brothers who run the show. Or something close to these meals by Basics with Babish:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQm9Bk2bA_Q
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    @InfraGreen
    Thanks, came up with baked lemon chicken and garlicky parmsean potato wedges with Chardonnay (may swap this out.)
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
    NyteRose wrote: »

Well my husband and I make sausage and squash together as one of our easy meals. While one of us cuts the acorn squash open and gut it of the stringys. The other pan fries the sausages. Then you add all the ingredients together and bake. It's maybe 10 minutes of actually paying attention xD
    Oh my goodness, a Time Lord Challenge? @nastyjman That is just awesome! I love Doctor Who! Now I'm curious about any stories out there using that challenge. :)

I'm afraid I'm not much help with recipes. I don't cook. My husband does, but he makes most things in our instant pot. I love seeing how helpful and supportive this community is though! It looks like others had some great ideas!
  • nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    @painted_dreams87 Thanks! I had a lot of false starts with writing a story regarding the challenge. Right now, I've settled with roleplaying as a Time Lord, going through time and space with some townies. I currently have Pierce Delgato as my companion while his family is still living in the present timeline. I play exclusively as a Time Lord, so the new season of Doctor Who got me to boot up this game again. Also, just in time for a new expansion.
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,749 Member
    for anyone reading my story-it might take awhile before another chapter is up due to the fact that Pose Player is broken with the Python update
    6adMCGP.gif
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

@CathyTea Oh, pretty please! Thank you SO, so much for offering to help! I won't pressure you, I promise! I'll send all the info you need in a PM. Maybe you can message me and tell me what you need.

Here's my first chapter of the Thorne Legacy, everyone: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/2018/11/13/chapter-1-new-beginnings/

Great! I'll share you my WordPress email in the PM, which is what you'll need to invite me to be an editor. Then, just let me know what you'd like to do on the site, and we'll get cracking! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,749 Member
    @Ashubii there's a "Princess rap battle" series on youtube and the latest one includes Alice and Dorthy (from Alice in Wonderland and Wizard of Oz) rapping aganist each other (and their compains rapping too)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • RockannieRockannie Posts: 219 Member
    Ugh somehow lost a good amount of screenshots for the Stars. >.< ughhhhhhhh why universe. On the upside, I'm building them a new house for Grayson's generation to move into!! Teasers coming soon ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top