Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• TinkPlaysTinkPlays Posts: 80 Member
    @BuildnShare when will the results be up for BnS105? Thank you
  • RachelShennanRachelShennan Posts: 163 Member
    Hey! Question: Can I add ceilings to the two rooms on the ground level? Thanks!

11-08-18_7-21-12%25C2%25A0PM.png
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Hey! Question: Can I add ceilings to the two rooms on the ground level? Thanks!

11-08-18_7-21-12%25C2%25A0PM.png

Absolutely :)

GArBA5W.jpg
    psykt wrote: »
    Questions about BNS107:
    1. Can I add a porch?
    2. Can I add windows as well as keeping the existing ones?

1. A porch or patio is okay, just not additional, enclosed room.
    2. You can definitely add new windows. All the old ones have to stay in their same spots though.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Does changing a wall's height count as deleting it?
    image.png
    TinkPlays wrote: »
    @BuildnShare when will the results be up for BnS105? Thank you

Sorry for the delay! We have the results down just need to format them for the forum and post. That will be tomorrow (Friday) evening.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited November 2018
    HVCdrRO.png
    Attention Established Build Entrants for #BnS105 - Life After Life
    Your results are now available here
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • flobobunnyflobobunny Posts: 465 Member
    edited November 2018
    FORUM ID: Flobobunny
    ORIGIN ID: flobo82
    LEVEL: I'm not sure so I will leave it to the judge's discretion
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/1311194AE43811E880F777C0F1EC7B3C?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=flobo82&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 3.500
    LOT NAME: Sunshine Blue
    GALLERY COST: 109.905
    TOTAL COST: 109.905
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/YIOPf3v
    ENTRY DETAILS: I am bad at details...It has rooms with stuff in :P I went for a modern yet cosy feel
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NA
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

NaFg7So.png

Q3dx6Wg.png
    edited November 2018
    HVCdrRO.png
    Attention Established ROOM & SIM Entrants for #BnS105 - Life After Life
    Your results are now available here
    3gHHX7s.png

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • 13Vader13Vader Posts: 178 Member
    @BuildnShare, Are we allowed to change the size of the objects we must use?
    13Vader wrote: »
    @BuildnShare, Are we allowed to change the size of the objects we must use?

Great question! And, yes you can :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited November 2018
    fcuRqPI.png
    Attention Starting Out Entrants for #BnS105 - Life After Life
    Your results are now available here.3gHHX7s.png
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • MrsHosniMrsHosni Posts: 108 Member
    Hi :) I hope you have an awesome weekend so far. I am currently working on the recent challenge and want to build a fireplace in the living room. Am I allowed to add walls behind it so it looks a bit more realistic?
    3XTWXGf.jpg
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Argh! This looks like so much fun! Really having to be stingy with my time until Q4 close, but still lurking and enjoying everyone’s beautiful work. I am floored every round by all the variety and genius that goes into the builds.
    MrsHosni wrote: »
    Hi :) I hope you have an awesome weekend so far. I am currently working on the recent challenge and want to build a fireplace in the living room. Am I allowed to add walls behind it so it looks a bit more realistic?

Hi - you can add walls inside, but you cannot move or delete any existing ones.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Thanks a lot @BuildnShare it is so much fun to build! Unfortunately I spent too much time and money on doing the landscape that now I have some budget issues but will try to solve that tomorrow :D
    3XTWXGf.jpg
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    Can we substitute door for arch, window for door etc as long as we stay at the same tile width? Thanks. :)
    sawdust wrote: »
    Can we substitute door for arch, window for door etc as long as we stay at the same tile width? Thanks. :)

Yes, you can substitute doors for arch's Arch/Window and so on as long as you keep it the same tile!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    [
    HVCdrRO.png
    Attention Established BUILD Entrants for #BnS106 - That Entrepreneurial Spirit

Your results are now availablehere.
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • LisaMarie3003LisaMarie3003 Posts: 6 New Member
    > @BuildnShare said:
    > Welcome to Build-n-Share @LisaMarie3003 :) I've added links for you in the post above. For future reference, you can add a link but put spaces between the https to get around the forum link rule (Like this: h t t p s://your link) You can also use the games and social threads in THIS section of the forum to get your post count up enough to be able to post links.
    >
    > One request - our judges like to be able to pause a slideshow and move back and forth between pictures to be able to write up comments and suggestions for your entry. It doesn't look like that is possible in bannersnack. If you could create a slideshow in Imgur, picasa, flickr, google images, or even a thread here on the forum, that would help them immensely in judging your entry.
    >
    > Again, welcome! And please let us know if you have any questions or need any assistance with your slideshow.

Sorry for the late add-ons.
    Here is the link you ask for the slideshow on another site :) Really looking forward to doing more challenges with you guys!
    h t t p s://imgur.com/a/nIwcGsJ
    Sorry for the late add-ons.
    Here is the link you ask for the slideshow on another site :) Really looking forward to doing more challenges with you guys!
    h t t p s://imgur.com/a/nIwcGsJ

No worries! Thanks for updating your media :) I've updated our entry list with your Imgur link. We're all in the process of judging now, and results/feedback for your category should be posted soon.

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited November 2018
    Another question: On my build if MOO is turned off some landscaping is disappearing while placing the house on the lot. Should I try to fix it or can I add that MOO is required in the description?
    3XTWXGf.jpg
    Another question: On my build if MOO is turned off some landscaping is disappearing while placing the house on the lot. Should I try to fix it or can I add that MOO is required in the description?

I think making sure you have it in the description to enable Move Objects On to place would be fine!

GArBA5W.jpg
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    I have a Face book page for my Sims creations- is that photo album Ok to submit for the judges to review the build?

Thanks
    I am almost done- Enjoyed working on it !

Diane Pinkus
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited November 2018

Trees and columns are notorious for disappearing in those situations however if they are placed last or replaced after they don't show up, they usually hold for second placement.

ps. meant to add - you should always state if you use Moo when putting builds on the Gallery as a matter of course as there are some players who are dead set against downloading builds with MOO. It's not fair to them if they don't know. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top