Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you have transgender sims?

Comments

• Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    ignoring all chuckleheads. . . anyway I have a second-gen sim who was trans and a trans model sim I'm saving for when GF releases. she's a remake of a TS3 sim of mine.
    e4lLU4q.png
    0D2gvFj.png
    I 100% agree with @QueenMercy !
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    @QueenMercy @AriaMad2 thank you both! o:)
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    I occasionally pick a townie out and make them trans, but I haven't played one as a main sim, as I don't think I'd handle that sort of story well (as it is WAY outside my experience), and I mostly play for an audience these days. I just really don't want to screw up!
  • Options
    xlixli Posts: 17 Member
    As a member of the LGBT community. I'm ashamed to say I don't have any trans sims. I never thought about it until now... Time to make a change ;)
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    edited November 2018
    I have dedicated a save file for the LGBT community. (Those are my favorite storylines) Before this thread gets shut down because of unnecessary drama. Those of you that posted of your trans sims, are they uploaded to the gallery? They're all so beautiful!! I want... NO... I need them!!
  • Options
    whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    I honestly don't play with trans sims mostly because I don't know many trans people. I think flooding a world with trans sims would be too unrealistic simply because trans people are a minority. Maybe I'll add one per world or something, but it's hard to play realistically especially when you don't understand the culture very much.
  • Options
    caitybee73caitybee73 Posts: 121 Member
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    I have dedicated a save file for the LGBT community. (Those are my favorite storylines) Before this thread gets shut down because of unnecessary drama. Those of you that posted of your trans sims, are they uploaded to the gallery? They're all so beautiful!! I want... NO... I need them!!

I was thinking the same thing! If you all don't mind I would love some links to your awesome sims!
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    edited November 2018
    I used to have quite a lot when the patch was first introduced. But some of the clothing options or rather, how the clothes fit annoys me, so that stops me sometimes from creating transgender Sims.

I do however play a lot of general LGBT, either using the "get/make pregnant" option for both genders or finding a random townie of any gender to start a relationship with my Sim(s). Many times I've had this idea for a boy-meets-girl story, but then some handsome stranger comes along and my initially straight Sim just can't help themselves - lol!
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited November 2018
    belpita wrote: »
    I used to have quite a lot when the patch was first introduced. But some of the clothing options or rather, how the clothes fit annoys me, so that stops me sometimes from creating transgender Sims.

I do however play a lot of general LGBT, either using the "get/make pregnant" option for both genders or finding a random townie of any gender to start a relationship with my Sim(s). Many times I've had this idea for a boy-meets-girl story, but then some handsome stranger comes along and my initially straight Sim just can't help themselves - lol!

I've had that with a gallery neighbour I placed and she met my daughter sim and they just hit it off (to the point she - my sim - had a whim to try for a baby and I hadn't swapped that option... so I couldn't deny her and went in and changed it)
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    No, I don't have any sims in my game that I consider trans. The thing is, while I often create sim versions of real friends of mine, some of which are trans, I prefer to give them the sex that matches their gender.

I do have three sims that operate outside the common gender norms though, though:
    - A drag comedian who discovered his feminine side after giving birth to an alien baby. He loves wearing dresses, but is otherwise a straight man and father of two more children he conceived the "normal" way with his wife.
    - A genderfluid, bisexual young lady who prefers to wear men's clothing, and usually poses as a man in front of others. She does this to challenge other people's expectations and remind them that there's more to sex and gender than just "man" and "woman", despite what some people in this thread say.
    - A vampire who is female in human form, but male in vampire form. She has the Serial Romantic aspiration and switches bodies to always match the sexual orientation of her various partners.
  • Options
    JurnéEndsJurnéEnds Posts: 59 Member
    I have a few though it was a bit by accident I created them. My intention was to create theses beautiful androgynous couples, however, some came out a bit more masculine or feminine than expected. Some have the ability to procreate with their same sex, but it's more of a toss up as to which one I create that way -all my sims are sexually fluid so it's pretty irrelevant in my game whether or not they actually partner with someone of the same or opposite sex.
  • Options
    EA_DavidEA_David Posts: 282 EA Community Manager
    edited November 2018
    Hi guys, thank you for the (many) reports. We removed some posts that derailed the thread, and some responses to said posts.

Please remember to keep discussion about the game.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922566/forum-dos-and-donts/p1?new=1

Cheers.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Sjofn wrote: »
    I occasionally pick a townie out and make them trans, but I haven't played one as a main sim, as I don't think I'd handle that sort of story well (as it is WAY outside my experience), and I mostly play for an audience these days. I just really don't want to screw up!

This as well.

Already see people complain about just 'male to female or vice versa' title in sim YouTube machines videos alone aggressively. Last thing I'd want is to possibly get a sims story I made very wrong to be transgender even if experiences varies from person to person who has experienced it.

People already complain and police others games if they don't have enough POC or make them properly.

I'd like to attempt to make one, but I'd probably not get the chance to play them.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Thanks so so much @EA_David ! I was really upset about those comments-
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Not as such, but I'm glad they gave us that option - when I play a couple, they're always gay or lesbian, so I can appreciate how important this is to transgender people.

I do use the pregnancy options with my lesbian Sims, and the ability to use female hair for male Sims is a godsend. I should probably explore men's clothing for my butch (can I say that?) girls - they don't have enough options in women's clothing.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    It's great that there's an option and I am very happy that people can tell their stories thanks to the game.
    In my case, I don't play with trans sims because in my mind sims live in a parallel universe, not in ours. They exist in a universe where every sim is happy with the body they got and no one judges or looks at them if they dress or behave differently to what our society has established as "the norm".
    Also, plum "the norm"!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    NovaBelladonnaNovaBelladonna Posts: 58 Member
    > @mirta000 said:
    > None of my sims are LGBTQ.

You do realise that all sims are essentially pansexual, they don't have any gender preferences? Do you turn autonomy off just in case one flirts with another sim of the same gender?
    For a let's play about a vampire who wants to take over the world, check out my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmFyY60q4J0PJNKCePjVG8g
  • Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    ignoring all chuckleheads. . . anyway I have a second-gen sim who was trans and a trans model sim I'm saving for when GF releases. she's a remake of a TS3 sim of mine.
    e4lLU4q.png
    This sim is my everything! Absolutely stunning!

a63ftuN.png
  • Options
    MilwayLangMilwayLang Posts: 180 Member
    I have one, but I rarely playing as him. I even forgot that he's exist... I felt horrible
    Hello, my name is Soop Kreem. You can check my Adams' Family Tree

yh.jpg
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    I haven't lately but I am not against doing so. With this new patch coming out I believe I'm going to just whipe out my save files and everything and start fresh. And I'll make a transgender sim to add to my new file :)
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Monday wrote: »
    e4lLU4q.png
    This sim is my everything! Absolutely stunning!

thank you! <3 I'll eventually get to sharing my little-to-no-cc gals on the gallery but for now I'm playing offline until all my mods and stuff are updated for today's patch.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Oh, gosh yes. I only got the game in June, and I started off with three sims, one of whom was made SPECIFICALLY to play with the gender mechanics, and from that point it's just grown. I REALLY like the ability to mix differently-gendered clothing to make interesting outfits, and the first time I had a male sim who tried to appear female, I found that picking out clothing and an entire ensemble to make it believable was really fun. F2M is less of a challenge, because they can wear anything, whereas tops for M2Fs have to be carefully chosen. Quite a few of my Sims strive for a "neutral" appearance. Usually I go for believability, having Sims slowly transition, beginning in their teens with clothing, adopting the other body frame because of hormones, and then later (once they have money -- I pretend they have to have $10,000) I let them do the complete switch. It's not common to go all the way, though, and I've had one Sim who would go back and forth because "he" was confused. If there's an alien abduction, I'll take that as an opportunity to make changes, too. My most MEMORABLE trans Sim to date is easily Liam, or Lisa. He was a professional gamer, and I was just starting to explore Twitch at that time and decided he would be a livestreamer whose Twitch persona was a girl gamer. So, his everyday and party attire was a female appearance, and then the rest of his clothing were male things. Eventually, however, that persona became him: his wardrobe became more feminine, and by the time Lisa died she had completely transitioned. I like her so much she still lives in the house as a ghost.
  • Options
    Cait_lynCait_lyn Posts: 71 Member
    When I was I playing not so berry my gray heir was trans. I lost the save (and all my screenshots) when my computer died, along with a few others with trans sims. For a legacy I was playing my gen two heir's sister married a sim who was agender and the gen three heir married a trans sim as well, who I initially made just to try out the vet stuff after cats and dogs came out, but I liked her so much I wanted to keep her around.
    I consider Darling Walsh to be genderqueer and when I played with them I changed their clothes up a little to kind of match the way I feel about my own gender, although I think they're more sure about themselves than I am.
    And this is Silas at his twin sister's wedding (and their mother in the background minutes before she died from overheating. At the wedding. Inside.)
    2qjzss6.png
    He currently lives in an apartment with his sister Sienna and her new wife Lila, but the two of them are about to move to Brindleton Bay (Lila owns a vet clinic there) and he'd prefer to stay in the city. He's aiming for the charity branch of the politician career so he thinks he's better off staying. Plus he's dating Diego Lobo. Maybe they'll move in together soon. Or break up. I can't decide if they're endgame or not.
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    edited November 2018
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Already see people complain about just 'male to female or vice versa' title in sim YouTube machines videos alone aggressively. Last thing I'd want is to possibly get a sims story I made very wrong to be transgender even if experiences varies from person to person who has experienced it.

People already complain and police others games if they don't have enough POC or make them properly.

Honestly, I'm not very worried about complaints (my audience is like ... twenty people tops, and I know them all :P), I just don't want to inadvertently hurt feelings and such.
  • Options
    ladysweettartladysweettart Posts: 239 Member
    edited November 2018
    No, and don't plan to
    I have a YouTube Channel dedicated to Sims 4! You can find it here if you are so inclined!

www.youtube.com/c/LadySweettart
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top