Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @Springfairy556 The romantic in the water during a rainstorm kiss 10/10 :love:
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    @CravenLestat
    Thanks! I'm a total nutcase for romantic scenes lol.

@coco
    --Poor Claire, I'm glad she got the holidays with her, I'm sure William would have
    been more understanding if he knew what was to come.
    --Yes he does.(I love the dip kiss and heat of the moment XD)
    --It is hard to find good CC for Sims 2.Wanted to do a medieval gameplay but didn't know where to begin.Came back to Sims 3 again for today.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Springfairy556 Yep, much better being cured of a curse than dying of it. :wink:
    Well, dag, that was tacky of them to reupload your sim.
    Love that they can tease each other like they do.
    Did Cedric get cured from his Cornelius spell? Did I miss that?
    Great outing for them, well, until the rain started.

@CravenLestat Awesome!

@Silverofdreams30 It is nice having the curse taken care of. :)

@king_of_simcity7 Nice that Dan didn't get all wigged out that she had a daytime date with Gareth.

@Karritz Nice that Oscar will have a good friend in his life. :)

@meerkattime When I wrote part 3 I had not played the rest of the tomb so I wasn't sure what would happen. I wanted the uncertainty to show and sounds like it did. :) Thanks so much for reading and the comments you give are awesome and I appreciate it so much.

@FrigidChick Congrats on the girl. Dag, need a blankie on the floor!

@emorrill Look forward to seeing the house. :)
    Thanks so much for the awesome comments on the story. You know I had to keep the last name. I just changed the first name. Shining, just didn't work in my story. :) I guess you can get in the sphinx without the curse. Not sure though. You just won't get the cool stuff that happens curse related.
    I think the house is adorable. I love that you set it up for a family with kid stuff outside! The closet is cute! Deco is fun and pretty even if not functional. The teapot clock is great in the kitchen. Love the flooring you used in the house. I think it is fun recreating houses from real life. :)

@Puddinroy Thanks so much! I hope you feel better. :)

@MoonandStars83 Thank you. :)
    I miss the trees turning colors in the fall since I don't have Seasons in. Pretty pics.

@plushtrap_107 Hope you are having some fun while busy!

@TadOlson Thank you.

@Brandontaylor It seems like she did a good job taking care of the baby and pretty responsible while the grown ups were gone.

@coco I usually let it go by chance too. I'm glad you had fun playing the game. I tell my story, but play the game taking pictures and base the story on the pics I take. I will occasionally have to pop back in a save and take a couple of 'story pics' but usually just use the ones from my gameplay. I do tend to steer my sims to do what I need them to do if I have something specific in mind. :)
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    @bekkasan
    --They're very playful XD.You didn't miss Cedric's curse.Claire tries not to control him too much, more to come on that.XD
    --They for sure needed their alone time.

45959562_192028595054734_3301494850234351616_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=f6b1cf7b78990c39dcd8f3ee15726803&oe=5C71792B
    William: Its nice getting to spend alone time together Claire.Sometimes I feel left out, you do know that right?
    Claire: Honestly, no I didn't realize you were feeling left out...I'm sorry..
    William: You know how you can make amends?
    Claire: How?

46165579_192028581721402_3017812432132243456_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=83114468d3c7d43bfa2526f3817384f8&oe=5C8492F5

46161820_192031588387768_1846454746047578112_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=29d2e9768563db5ed996717ab7679000&oe=5C69A5D7
    Claire: You're being real flirty right now..
    William: I'm just getting started...

46081214_192028671721393_4327027053611188224_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=80cb7da6f24ab87e43c100ea09b53479&oe=5C761AB2
    Claire: Okay...Stop, I can't take much more..

46197197_192028605054733_2542166592469336064_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=05388ba4bc7a52f8642d97f3d61e68f3&oe=5C7236F2
    William: Let's go somewhere more private...
    Claire: You read my mind.
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,765 Member

@coco They came back with no problems, fortunately. Hank was 91 days old when they did though. Probably when I play tomorrow, Carrie will be a child. I think maybe the babysitter didn't do anything because her motives were good until the end. When Brittany got home, Carrie's motives were bad.

@Springfairy556 Loved your update. I loved the beach photo's the most.

@bekkasan Well, not quite so responsible. She did throw a teen party and got in trouble by Jayson, but the game had an error and Brittany was stuck standing in the middle of her bed so she didn't get punished, lol

Last update of the night to follow this post, just didn't want to put them in this one and make it too long.

Ava left this old lamp at home when she left. Brittany decided to check it out.

jDMyiec.jpg

The genie, Dudley Page, granted Brittany 100,000 simoleons for her first wish.

f6e5KEL.jpg

Ava after becoming Leader of the Free World.

yIU7QA3.jpg

After returning home, Ava apologized to Brittany who was so happy she wanted a hug from her mother. The guy sitting at the table is Gordon VanWatson, which I assume you know who his mother is. ;)

o5T9ug9.jpg

And shortly after that, Jayson aged up to Adult. The look of surprise says it all.

0lDhzyM.jpg

And that is all for now. I got some screenshots saved for tomorrow so I will probably post them in the morning sometime. It will just be some of the locals in town, now that most of the original townies have died off.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    edited November 2018
    Well, I was the last man standing again after a night out with work. Shame I ended up being the oldest person in the group lol
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    hi everyone Great posts :) so love seeing them
    @emorrill you are no longer allowed to say you are not a builder :p & I am stealing your closet idea ( running away B4 she catches me)
    @CravenLestat oh great, now you've gotten me humming little shop of horrors :p
    My creative juices have been running low lately but I did give a shot at Kira Gelfing but need to give another try at her mouth eventually
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer That is one of the saddest pieces of music you opened with and so recognizable to most people. Immediately thought of my Dad. It brought sadness as well as many lovely memories. :) The video was very poignant. We won't forget.

@bekkasan, Thank you to your father for his service. My family (both mine and my wife's) fought on both sides of the war. I have members of my family who fought on the IJA side and those who fought in the U.S. Army's M.I.S. (Military Intelligence Service) - Most families in Japan who emigrated in North America have relative ties because, in Japan, one can't take a family's last name without extensive records being kept in a temple figuring out whether or not you are actually an honest-to-goodness relative). My wife has extended family members who are currently serving and have served in the US Armed Services (USAF, USN, US Marine Corps, and the US Army). My mother, despite my differences with her, served in the RCAF (Royal Canadian Air Force) and I recognize her service as well.

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • BabyAxhelBabyAxhel Posts: 18 Member
    Hi guys !
  • ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    edited November 2018
    @afai1261 Thank you!

@coco Haven´t the foggiest o:) Page 3131: What a great family you have there, adorable children.

@bekkasan If they are dancing they need a dance teacher, yesterday.

@Springfairy556 Thank you! Great updates, Claire really has a curious nature.

@meerkattime Thank you!

@Puddinroy Thank you!

@MoonandStars83 I found them like that with the game on paus, so just a coincidence :)

@TadOlson Thank you !

@CravenLestat Wonderfully colorful 🐸🐸🐸🐸 lot!
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    Having experienced a lot of lag lately in my game so having to have to restructure my cc so that I can get "only the cc that I need" for each particular game into a folder so that the game doesn't experience "too much lag" - so most of my games will go on temporary hold, except for one. I'm also setting up a "CAS" folder (for sim-creation cc like hairs, makeup, clothes etc). I don't know if I need a build folder because I'll try to bring in cc in my game.

This might take a while to set up each of the necessary folders.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    @imdragonit Well hello there jeesh you been hiding :p And you made Kira <3 I love The Dark Crystal

@Brandontaylor That screenshot is like a demon possesion,Brittany needs an exorcist after rubbing that lamp.

DfydFiZ.gif
    edited November 2018
    Here is my 🐸🐸🐸🐸 I am making.Her appearance is based off of RL actress Debby Ryan from the Disney Channel.

Tawni

yPV5l40.png

DfydFiZ.gif
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Springfairy556 Romance in the air! So sweet! :smiley:<3

@Brandontaylor oh....well bummer I missed the party and bummer the game glitched. Hope the parents make it home from vacation safely. That is one of the major glitches in the game. Disappearing vacation parents.
    Genie! Love the lifestate!
    Go for the money! She did. :)

@imdragonit Hope you get your muse back. You certainly did with Kira. She is cute!

@ZhakiraP hehe, didn't say it was good dancing. :tongue: But, they were synchronized!

@CravenLestat Tawni is pretty.
    Wow first of all Stan Lee died last night everybody.I am a big comic fan and even though am a DC fanboy I loved Marvel's Spiderman and collected the toys growing up as a kid

R.I.P. Stan Lee :bawling:

On a happy note there is a teaser trailer for Toy Story 4 :o

DfydFiZ.gif
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Puddinroy Thanks for the comment :smile:

@MoonandStars83 Thanks for the comment and nice update :smile:

@TadOlson Thanks for the feedback :smile:

@coco Interesting observation on Gareth :smile:

@bekkasan The day time date is less of an advantage than an evening date lol

Feeling tired today after a heavy night so won't be doing too much I don't think. Luckily no work for me today as I don't think I could survive working 7 hours lol
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited November 2018
    @bekkasan The bond between Rafe and Seth is lovely.
    @KatNip David and Jasper look very sweet, the elders in sims are very lovingly done even if they seem to have been so from the point of view of a much younger person.
    @Simsophonique Me neither, I've never been interested in having children of my own in real life, but I have a niece I very much love, she's so bright and curious, and almost as inappropriate as I. And even if I am very impressed by the simmers with multigenerational longrunning games, the more I learn about the Sims 3 the more it's limitations in game code and game logic becomes clear and it does not seem to have been intended or perhaps anticipated that generational play would be so popular. Sometimes my sims have babies, but most of the time they just live like me :smile:
    @CravenLestat Your Roma house is beautiful and the pink room is the best!
    @emorrill Thanks for the house tour! It's always interesting to see other's builds. The overhanging second floor and the hill are nice touches, I'd be interested to hear about your play-testing.
    @BabyAxhel Hello! :smile:

Edit to add: @coco I just wanted to let you know that thanks to a reply you did on a post in section Bugs & Issues, I found the xml for The Door Of Life And Death. It was only for buffs and not genetics, @meerkattime , but I was very happy about it anyway. :heart:
    Post edited by Auroraskies on
    edited November 2018
    @CravenLestat Lol, I didn't think about demon possession but you are right. By the way, I always like seeing your sims and related items. You really have a knack for it. And yeah, I'm a DC fan too but it is sad about Stan Lee.

@bekkasan Luckily I haven't had any trouble with the free vacation (yet). Ava actually was the ones who got the lamp but I wanted to make sure I didn't lose it so I left it at home before Ava, Hank, Avery, and Jayson left. Brittany has two wishes left, the second one is used for a very good thing.

@meerkattime I've had a lot better babysitters than that one. Usually they do take care of the kids but the pool distracted him, I think. The money will help with a better house, but I either got to find one I like or wait and see if my request with the D.N.A. team gets claimed.
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    edited November 2018
    Turned in my desktop to the techguy today, he will clean my fan so I pick it 'up tomorrow afternoon, I still have my laptop here but wont play on it, more than stardew valley lol.

@coco

He he thank you for sweet comemnts

@emorrill

What a wonderful house you buit, so cute.
    Ther eisa ctually showers in most of the houses in praaven lol,
    atleast in th homes I checked.

@Springfairy556

wonderul updates as always, lvoe the romantic
    scenes and I love hea to the moment kiss too.

@TinySpaceFox

Good luck with the finals
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    *Replies and Feedback* <3

@MoonandStars83 Sorry I forgot to tag you earlier and thank you for wishing me luck on my build. :) I'm sure you've seen the finished product already. ;) I'll have more pics of it to share in a bit here...

@Springfairy556 Thank you sweetie. <3 It was actually a very fun home to build. :)
    ----
    Ah, romance in the woods. :blush:
    Love that new crown on Claire. <3
    Ok, where'd you get that rocking horse? :open_mouth: So cute!!
    I agree with Craven on this picture:
    46043936_191989171725343_4377340877496909824_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=9bbe60e98cfe5fa24a076ef36151810d&oe=5C67FB78
    <3
    Does Claire have A.D.D.? :lol: (Hey, I can laugh about it because I have it too. :p )
    ----
    Ooohhh some hot kissy time between those two. :smirk: (Nice poses! <3 )
    When William suggested going somewhere private I was like, "Yeeeeah, I think it's time you guys let off all that passion in the bedroom!" :lol:

@Brandontaylor Not a good babysitter... :neutral:
    Toddlers chewing on the mallet is so cute to watch. :blush:
    Ava looks quite pleased with herself becoming the Leader of the Free World. :mrgreen:

@CravenLestat Ha...ha. ;):blush:
    PS: In build mode hit terrain paint before taking your screenshots it removes the grid map.
    :open_mouth:
    Oh my gosh thank you for this tip! How did I not think of that before...?
    <3
    Your Tawni sim is pretty. :) And she be like, "Yeah, I own this place." :p
    Indeed it was sad to hear about Stan Lee. :cry: A legend died yesterday...
    Toy Story 4!? No way! (Goes to look up trailer!)

@coco You guys have your yearly Christmas pageant already?? :open_mouth: I'm all like, It's not even Thanksgiving yet! But you guys don't celebrate that over there so... :p
    Yeah, when it comes to celebrity gossip, it's hard to know what is true and what's not. :confused:
    Yeeeeaah, it might be a bit of an adjustment going back to a 2005 car when I've been thoroughly enjoying the features of a 2018 car. :lol:
    Thank you for all the lovely compliments on my build. <3:kissing_heart: And I SO want that kitchen too! Mine is from the 80's!
    It's not an actual basement, but I'll show you pics later of what I did to make it look like one. :blush:
    It's not easy to build houses but you look like a pro :smiley:
    ^Aww you're too sweet. :kissing_heart: Thanks.

@bekkasan Yeeeah, Shining is definitely not the right name for a guy in MOST simmer's stories! :lol:;)
    Yeah I think I'll wait until my sim actually gets cursed before heading into the Sphinx. ;) That was all just WAY too cool looking! :smiley: Sims 3 really had it made! And it's the BEST of them all! :star:
    Thank you for the sweet compliments on the house. <3 Yup, gotta prepare for kiddos. ;) And I LOVE those floors! @aricarai led me to them and if you want them too, they are HERE :blush:
    I find it very fun creating houses from RL too. :blush: I can never come up with my own floor plan! :p

@imdragonit
    @emorrill you are no longer allowed to say you are not a builder :p & I am stealing your closet idea ( running away B4 she catches me)
    Hee hee. :blush: Thank you sweet lady! <3
    And it's good to see you on here again. :smiley: I missed you!
    Fantastic job so far on Kira! :star:

@BabyAxhel Hi back. :mrgreen:

@Nikkei_Simmer Are you not getting my tags again? :confounded: It's no biggie, I was just complimenting you on your touching Veteran's Day video. <3 Very well done!
    How do you set up folders for CC?? I thought that wasn't possible in Sims 3 like it was in Sims 2! :open_mouth: Teach me Yoda! :p (Please? :blush: )

@meerkattime Aww, thank you for the sweet compliments on my build. <3 Will share some pics of me play testing it soon. :)

@Auroraskies You're welcome. :blush: I LOVE house tours. :mrgreen:
    And thank you. :) Hubby thought the overhanging second floor was interesting too. :lol:
    I'll share my play tested pics in a bit. :)

@Silverofdreams30 Most of the houses had showers? Huh... :confused: I guess the bath house is just to make the world seem a little more accurate. :mrgreen:
    I didn't even know they had showers back then...I thought it was just wooden bathtubs! :lol:
    I need to discover more of the Awesomeness of Praaven, just been distracted with other simming stuff lately.
    I took pictures in Sam's world last night to prepare for the next chapter! :smiley: I'm so excited that I just can't hide it!

It's COLD down here in our basement! :grimace: Need some slippers!
    And I need breakfast.......then I will post my play tested pics of the house I built. ;)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Alrighty! So here's my play-test of my recent build. :mrgreen:

I plopped down a couple I created (inspired by a couple on the TV show ER). I wondered what kind of pretty babies they would make. ;)
    Anyway!

Here they are at the start of going back into LIVE mode:

Casa-18-playest-1.jpg
    Meet Jevon and Li Mei Williams. :)

I picked on Jevon first to try out the hill........

Could he get up that slope???

Casa-18-playest-2.jpg

YES!!! :smiley:**Happy squeals!**

Now it's Li Mei's turn:

Casa-18-playest-3.jpg
    Success! :star:

Next the stairs needed testing...

Casa-18-playest-4.jpg

They work! :smiley:

Next I needed to test the fire pit below the pergola, to make sure sims could actually sit at it underneath.

Oh no.... :(

Casa-18-playest-5.jpg

My immediate thought was, "It's gotta be those chairs!" :grimace: Because I've had problems with them before...

So I switched them out. Easy peasy, right? ;)

Wrong! :confounded:

Casa-18-playest-6.jpg

It was then that I took notice of Jevon's thought bubble! It's the VINES that are the problem! *facepalm*
    I said to myself, "Geez emorrill! Learn to listen to your sims!" :grimace:
    :p

So off the vines went, even though they were a nice touch.

There we go Jevon. :)

Casa-18-playest-7.jpg

The pergola looks more like a pergola without the vines anyway......
    And no I didn't add the original chairs back in to see if they would work because...I like these new ones better. :p But I might try out the other chairs someday if I feel like it. ;)

Who the heck is this kid? :confused:

Casa-18-playest-8.jpg

Oh, I see the newspaper there. Geez. :unamused: I guess I need to set the proper door as the "Front Door." ;)
    (The kid took off seconds after taking this picture. ;) Guess he was super hot and sweaty and felt like taking a quick dip before continuing his route! :lol: )

@coco To answer your question: The reason why the newspaper boy came to the "basement" doors is because the "basement" is technically the first floor. ;)

What I did was I created a hill, built the first floor behind it - to act as a basement, then built the second floor to make it the "first floor."

Example here:

Casa-18-playest-10.jpg

I hope that makes sense. :p

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed the play-test. :)

I've got some more fun random gameplay pics to share later when I get around to it. :blush:

Have a lovely day everyone and Happy Simming!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg

@emorrill I know, she does. I had to fix her work clothes because the free vacation messed them up so I don't know if they are the correct outfit. I do know the shirt is. I like watching the toddlers play with the toddler toys and I thought that was the cuter pic.

Here is a quick update of a few townies that came to Jayson's party.

Tristan Ziegler, the proprietor at the concert park is the one on the left and Colin Steel is the one on the right.

pG453Ix.jpg

This guy is William Ballard. I believe he is a randomly created sim.

EDXz65h.jpg

And this one is Kellie Goddard, Hank's daughter with Pauline Wan and half-sister of Brittany's.

IWjJn1P.jpg

This is Avery's concert. I couldn't get very good pictures of it and the family didn't attend.

1EXi0kK.jpg

But little did Avery know, her stepfather, Hank, had passed away. RIP Hank Goddard.

yke1Hrc.jpg

So with Hank gone, there are five sims living in the house. I temporarily put his tombstone in the backyard but then I realized I had something in my possession that might help ease the pain of his death. Stay tuned to see what that is.
  • imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    @CravenLestat I adored the dark crystal & loved labyrinth ( hmmm David Bowie wonder if I could do him ) <3 your 🐸🐸🐸🐸 lady for your wagon house build!
    @bekkasan ty :) was glad to see your sim healed at last in your tomb adventures
    @meerkattime ty :) ( love your avatar )
    @emorrill ty :) you are not allowed to complain :p only 1 routing error? Pfft :D:D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top