Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No rap in Get Famous?!

12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
I don’t believe! If City Living was installed, there’s no option to rap when using higher singing skill. What do y’all think? It’s only if I have City Living and Get Famous installed, but there’s nothing add with singing.

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited November 2018
    This was my biggest disappointment in this pack when I learned that my sim can't be a professional singer, and as a result get famous because of it. I really was hoping that this career would have been able to make it in Sims 4. :'(
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Sims can still become famous singers. It's just not an actual career.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited November 2018
    Dunno why anyone would think rapp'ing would be a part of get famous.

Kinda iffy to having rapp'ing being a part of the singing skill, since I don't really consider it singing though I wouldn't mind being able to click on your aim to just freelance much like sims 2.

Wouldn't know what to think seeing my sims rap randomlybas most already sing autonomously and BADLY at that.
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Personally, I hate rap music so I really don't care that it isn't in the Sims 4.

How?
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

How?

Through the singing skill. They can busk, sing using the mike, practice in public and I’m pretty sure there is a new open mike night event. You gain fame from skills too and base game careers not just what was added in the pack. Lots of things can make you famous if you want. And with the new self employed option you sim can sort of have singing as a career.
    @Akl500P Thank you :)
  • xlixli Posts: 17 Member
    This would've been perfect. City Living has the perfect setting for it.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I would have loved for the rap skill to come with this pack. Also I would have loved to get a 'lyricist' trait where the sim constantly scribbles down lyrics and want to freestyle and rap battle or they are unhappy. :D
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    It could have been fun to see them rap, I’ll admit, even though I’m personally not a big fan of rap music (it’s the lyrics in some some songs, the way they speak about women, I just can’t).
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Did the Sims 2 have rapping? I think so, I remember loving the animation for it. It would have fit perfectly with this pack or City Living.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

Adding on, fame also increases the crowd you gather while singing, and id assume tips.

You CAN have an actual singing career with the new self employed careers coming as well. Not an actual rabbit hole but it works!

They're almost exactly like they were in the sims 3, the only difference is it doesn't track your wages you earn, however the plus side is you can make custom.names and literally have anything be your career.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited November 2018

@LaBlue0314 Do you have City Living? You need that pack to have the singing skill.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
    edited November 2018

@LaBlue0314 Do you have City Living? You need that pack to have the singing skill.

Yes, but that doesn't mean that they couldn't add it to another pack as well. In Sims 3 they did it with the vampire. In TS3 vampires were first introduced in Late Night, and then again in Supernatural. As long as you had one of those expansions packs you would have a vampire. The same could happen with the singing skill, it can very easily be included in a different pack as well.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    OK everybody! Enough talking about that, cause I don't know if rap vocals might contain in the singing skill! It's time to close the thread now! @EA_Cian
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    edited November 2018
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    OK everybody! Enough talking about that, cause I don't know if rap vocals might contain in the singing skill! It's time to close the thread now! @EA_Cian

nvm-I didn't realize you were the OP sorry!!
    6adMCGP.gif