Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim without gender

BIBHBIBH Posts: 20 Member
edited November 2018 in The Sims 2
My sim delivered a baby boy . When the newborn turned to toddler it was a boy with girly hair. I checked the simology and no gender was mentioned . Now is a young adult still no gender ,male body but female hair. I find it cool but have you seen it before? Why is that happening?

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Nope, can't say it's happened without CC hair.
    What do you get when you change their looks in the mirror?
  • BIBHBIBH Posts: 20 Member
    When he use the mirror all options are male clothes and hair but when he grow up the hair change to female ! He supposed to be a son but no sign of his gender at simology.
    Simology doesn't show gender. So, is it Custom hair? Some Custom hair is for both.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Maybe the game has updated itself to include nonbinary sims?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    No, and No. :(
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Maybe the game has updated itself to include nonbinary sims?

Origin does not patch or update the game to change it's core. The only thing they did was implement their own DRM and remove Securom, but Origin's DRM is just as invasive. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    So, this was actually The Sims 3's problem?
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950818/sim-without-gender#latest

Well, glad you got the help you needed.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »

Huh? Was this not a TS2 problem but meant for TS3? O.K. because I knew we don't have those issues in this game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    EgonVM wrote: »

Huh? Was this not a TS2 problem but meant for TS3? O.K. because I knew we don't have those issues in this game.

Well there are a few hairs that show up as unisex that one would not think would be unisex. I've got some girly pigtails that showed up on males from time to time before I decided to delete them.

But other than hairs and maybe outfits for children (that's relatively common), males and females even at the child age are pretty distinguishable for which gender they are. Or at least a lot more easy to do in Sims 2 than Sims 3.