Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Things you didn't know!

Comments

• WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    (No, I don´t usually watch my sims while they are sleeping, why?).
    That's odd, I always watch my sims while they are sleeping. Maybe not all night, but can't help it really. I've always assumed they watch me when I'm sleeping too, though guess I can't really prove that. o:)

The cuddling is so cute! *cough*

Wait, my sims watch me when I sleep?? Um. Well, then. Sleeping is overrated anyway. That´s what coffee is for, right?
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited October 2018
    Never ever seen this @Auroraskies ! Ah this game is totally awesome. And no worries I am not angry with you.

@Waterdragon : Hallo ! I don't know how to speak German neither Italian that they are my geography neighbohours I live in the south east, so in languages, I feel the same with you. I learnt Spanish I can't say nada . Schools are not the best place to learn. I wished to learn German but my high school German in second foreign language I was the only one so I could not learn it.
    Ha that's a good new, next time I feel lazy I'll do it thank you.
    You know my simself is hot-headed, she hates living in surrounding that stinks, she doesn't care of the mess except when it smells bad.
    Light Sleepers sleeps with eyes open as pets.

Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I just found this out today:
    If you have a supernatural sim- i.e. a witch- and place your cursor over their power bar, it sparkles.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited November 2018
    Did you know that plumbots can "conjure" without the drain on human sims energy levels? >:):smirk: ~evil laughter~
    Screenshot-39.jpg
    3059_135068129530.jpg
    "Now I shall work them all night and they can find me every gemstone that I need, MWA HA HA HA HA HA HA *cough* HA HA HA HA"
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • ThisISMariaThisISMaria Posts: 104 Member
    I didn't know some black and white shady burglar could come inside my house at 3am and rob my fridge
    Cute-Russian-Girl-Smiles-Waves-For-The-Camera-Russia-At-The-2014-Fifa-World-Cup.gif
    edited November 2018
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    I just found this out today:
    If you have a supernatural sim- i.e. a witch- and place your cursor over their power bar, it sparkles.

I should try ^^
    --

I got the friendly bailif she cames to my simself's house and she only took a painting. I paid the bills right before she comes, that doesn't stop her. But I had an error 12 to save if I delete her so I had to block her with Nrass Register.My simself dreamt of being stolen ahaha.
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    I'm not sure if this is in everyone else's games, but in Sunset Valley there are NPC sims- some elder, some younger- with classic last names! (Crumplebottom, Landgraab, etc.) I never noticed that before. Btw, I'm not talking about the households already in the world(Agnes Crumplebottm, Nancy and Geoffery Landgraab). I mean others. It shocked me!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    I'm not sure if this is in everyone else's games, but in Sunset Valley there are NPC sims- some elder, some younger- with classic last names! (Crumplebottom, Landgraab, etc.) I never noticed that before. Btw, I'm not talking about the households already in the world(Agnes Crumplebottm, Nancy and Geoffery Landgraab). I mean others. It shocked me!

@HillyBeth : I confirm these families are present in every Sunset Valley .And to tell you the Landgraab are in Lunar Lakes too.

@HillyBeth : I confirm these families are present in every Sunset Valley .And to tell you the Landgraab are in Lunar Lakes too.

I never knew that! Been a gamer since 2005 and I never knew. Mind = blown
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • JemkatkJemkatk Posts: 199 Member
    You can gossip and complain about your ex and your roommate.
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Did you know that there are different types of snowman to build?
    :) Smile!

• ameliaandcynthiaameliaandcynthia Posts: 42 Member
    You can find rare gems in The Claw machine (Supernatural).
    You have more chance of finding them if your Sim has the Lucky trait or is a fairy (whereby you can "Cheat the System")
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I just realized that queuing up a sim to 'relax' on then bed right after sleeping will automatically make the bed (or at least that side in a double bed). I always queue up stuff for my sims to do after they wake up so I never get the bed made only because I can't queue up that interaction when they are sleeping in the bed. So many years of playing and now I realize the 'relax' interaction will do that for me.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    I just realized that queuing up a sim to 'relax' on then bed right after sleeping will automatically make the bed (or at least that side in a double bed). I always queue up stuff for my sims to do after they wake up so I never get the bed made only because I can't queue up that interaction when they are sleeping in the bed. So many years of playing and now I realize the 'relax' interaction will do that for me.

Relax is a great way for a single sim to make at least 1/2 of the bed. :D

My sim married a neat sim (River has the neat trait). So every time she gets up, she makes the bed. Makes life easy.
    ~crawling into a hole and pulling the rock over my head~ I'm gonna get it for this one. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,119 Member
    edited November 2018
    Ok I seriously just found out that you can grab a dirty plate left on the counter towards the dishwasher and put it in yourself! No sending your Sims to clean it up! :open_mouth: (Though they should really learn to clean up after themselves. ;) )

I mean, after all these years, HOW did I not know this!?!?
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member
    emorrill wrote: »
    Ok I seriously just found out that you can grab a dirty plate left on the counter towards the dishwasher and put it in yourself! No sending your Sims to clean it up! :open_mouth: (Though they should really learn to clean up after themselves. ;) )

I mean, after all these years, HOW did I not know this!?!?

I do this with the clothes lying around when my Sims don't have time to do it themselves... :)
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Yep - you can also manually move leftovers to the refrigerator. Or usable items directly into a Sim's inventory by dragging it over them and dropping when they are highlighted.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2018
    As a player discovered and reported here long ago, we can also hide dirty dishes and clothes in the compost machine that comes with the greenhouse store set. Very handy for the short term when the in-laws show up for a surprise visit, though I'm not sure that dirty laundry makes usable fertilizer. :D

I would like to have seen something negative happen if sims run out of dishes or clothes to wear, though. More so than moodlets, I mean, something that would approximate what would happen in real life if we stopped tending to these things. Contrary to what might be popular belief, soup and fruit parfait are not really meant to be "finger foods" unless you are a toddler. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    lisasc360 wrote: »

I do this with the clothes lying around when my Sims don't have time to do it themselves... :)

See I knew about that one. :p

And that one too @Sindocat ;)

It just didn't register that I could do the same with dirty dishes and the dishwasher. :lol:

Lol @igazor :joy:
  • Macaire13Macaire13 Posts: 39 Member
    So this just happened today. My sims were going about their daily routines while I had an unfinished sculpture and they kept leaving dirty clothes everywhere. I was annoyed because I don't have a washer or anything that would prompt this. Then I got the idea that my sim was sculpting a hamper and sure enough it was one. I had no idea the clothes would still lay everywhere if the sculpture wasn't even done yet.
    @Macaire13 I learned two things from your post.

What you informed us about (which I wonder if it's a glitch that never got fixed ;) ) and...

That hampers are something a Sim can sculpt. :lol:
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    Macaire13 wrote: »
    So this just happened today. My sims were going about their daily routines while I had an unfinished sculpture and they kept leaving dirty clothes everywhere. I was annoyed because I don't have a washer or anything that would prompt this. Then I got the idea that my sim was sculpting a hamper and sure enough it was one. I had no idea the clothes would still lay everywhere if the sculpture wasn't even done yet.

I've seen sims sculpt a hamper before, but I never noticed the clothes laying around. Good catch.

For people who want the laundry moodlets, without the unsightly clothes piles: Build a laundromat somewhere in town. If one of your sims goes there and does the laundry, it'll last two or three weeks before you have to go do it again.
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Macaire13 wrote: »

You just solved a riddle for me. Years ago, in the first generation of my legacy I had exactly the same problem. Never figured it out, thought it was a glitch, I just bought them a washing machine to get rid of all the clothes piles. Thinking back, I know that my founder sculpted a hamper at some point. In fact, it´s still in the house.
    So, 10 generations of my sims have to thank their founder for the "fresh clothes" moodlet, because she decided to sculpt a hamper without consulting me. That´s... actually pretty sweet.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I learned today that if you buy a popsicle from the food vendor in Egypt's market, your sim will place it completely upright in a bowl and eat it with a spoon ..... :o
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top