Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Supernaturals You Want

When the Gurus did their supernatural poll on Twitter, the way they ran it didn't do a great job of really showing which supernaturals were most wanted imo. I chose witches, but I would also really like to see fairies more so than mermaids, zombies, etc.

So here I am asking each simmer who is interested, to please list in order from most wanted to least wanted the following list of supernaturals:

Werewolves
Fairies
Witches
Genie
Zombies
Robots
Mermaids
Imaginary Friend
Super Heroes
Something New (optional)

My list:
1. Witches
2. Fairies
3. Something New - Elves
4. Super Heroes
5. Werewolves
6. Mermaids
7. Robots
8. Genie
9. Zombies
10. Imaginary Friend

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    edited November 2018
    1.Witches
    2.Fairies
    3.Mermaids
    4.Genie
    5.Something New
    6.Super Heroes
    7.Robots
    8.Imaginary Friend
    9.Werewolves
    10.Zombies

• annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Give me all the occults! It's too hard to choose between them. I agree about the Twitter poll. I don't use Twitter and I fear (well, hope) the results didn't reflect the truth for most simmers... because I have been pining for werewolves since vampires.

Werewolves
    Witches
    Fairies
    Robots
    Mermaids
    Zombies
    Genie
    Imaginary Friend
    Super Heroes
    Something New - Elves? Unicorns? Other weres?
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited November 2018
    1) Witches

2) Mermaids
    & underwater swimming

3) Werewolves
    I'm surprised they were so low on the polls, they're not my favourite, but they're classic.

- ^ These 3 I absolutely want

4) Fairies

5) Something new
    I like the idea of Elementals, but that could be a feature of fairies. Also, I'm desperate for better ghosts.

6) Zombies
    Only if they could somehow make them actually dangerous, without being obnoxious. One of the main appeals is all the post-apocalyptic stuff they could come with.

- Cut off point where I'm not fussed

7) Robots
    8) Superheroes
    9) Genie
    10) Imaginary Friend
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I'm not overly fond of supernaturals, but I do miss witches. A lot.
    If they add mermaids again it would have to be with an incredible new feature to get me on board, like actually being able to live under water (including building under water).
    I don't know about Werewolves, they did not really do it for me in TS3. I guess they could be more interesting with the system they used in the Vampires pack with more aspects of progression in the life state.
    Superheroes would be difficult to implement, I think. I would expect a large amount of powers to chose from, otherwise they could get boring quickly.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    my absolute favorites which would make my game complete
    1.Robots
    2.Werewolves
    3.REAL plantsims (a permanent state, less needs, grow/harvest offspring, free choice of haircut,...

I would also like
    4.Witches
    5.Fairies
    6.Genie
    7.Super Heroes

Not for or against
    8.Mermaids
    9.Imaginary Friend

I will avoid
    10.Zombies

• QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    My list is:
    1. Faeries
    2. Robots
    3. Genie
    4. PlantSims (something else)
    5. Mermaids
    6. Werewolves (basically tied with mermaids)
    7. Imaginary Friends

I dislike zombies.

Also I don’t want witches or superheroes to be their own lifestates:

Witches because they look just like regular sim, and are basically exactly like them but with magic, and also you can’t change occult type in CAS.

And why shouldn’t an alien be allowed to be a superhero? Or a regular sim? Most superheroes are normal people who had something big happen to them (this also applies to super villains.) The Sims shouldn’t have to be Sky High or The Incredibles.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I don't know about Werewolves, they did not really do it for me in TS3. I guess they could be more interesting with the system they used in the Vampires pack with more aspects of progression in the life state.
    Same here. I didn't like werewolves in Sims 3, but I've since come across a lot of interesting ideas for them on this website, so they've risen on my list.
    Superheroes would be difficult to implement, I think. I would expect a large amount of powers to chose from, otherwise they could get boring quickly.
    Yes, they would be difficult to do right, but if they were done right I think they could be an awesome addition to the game.

• AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    edited November 2018
    1. Witches
    2. Plant Sims- improved
    3. Fairies
    4. Mermaids
    5. Imaginary Friend
    6. Genie
    7. Robots
    8. Super heroes
    9. Werewolves
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    If I were to list
    1) Witches
    2) Fairies
    3) Mermaids
    4) Elves (Something new)
    5) Super heroes
    6) Werewolves
    But Hate for zombies.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    1. Witches
    2. Robots

The rest about equal and kind of in this order maybe:

Imaginary Friend (love the idea of it depends on how it's made)
    Mermaids (intrigued by this)
    Zombies (I'd like this if they were optional..I don't want to be annoyed by them or have to remove the pack)
    Werewolves (I guess I want them to be able to do things I don't think we'd see in game)
    Genie (like the idea of this wonder if this could be a freebie though.. like plant sims were)
    Fairies (I don't know.. maybe?)
    Super Heroes (worried how they could fight villans in game.. maybe?)

egTcBMc.png
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited November 2018
    1. Mermaids (as always for me)
    2. Fairies
    3. Werewolves
    4. Witches (forgot to add them before))
    5. Nothing. Not interested in the rest of the supernaturals, and I hate zombies.
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member

Werewolves
    Fairies
    Witches
    Genie
    Zombies
    Robots
    Mermaids
    Imaginary Friend
    Super Heroes
    Something New (optional)

1. Witches
    2. Imaginary Friend
    3. Werewolves
    4. Super Heroes
    5. Robots
    6. Genies
    7. Mermaids
    8. Anything New
    9. Could do without Zombies if they are done Sims 3 style forever.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • barracuda1574barracuda1574 Posts: 115 Member
    1. Zombies (like Sims2)
    2. Werewolves
    3. Robots
    4. Witches
    5. Fairies
    6. Genie
    7. Mermaids
    8. Imaginary Friend
    9. Super Heroes
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited November 2018
    1.) Witches
    2.) Imaginary Friend
    3.) Robots
    4.) Werewolves
    5.) Genie
    6.) Fairies
    7.) Zombies (but nothing like TS3 please)
    8.) Super Heroes
    9.) Mermaids

The first 3 I absolutely need. The next 3 I'd love to see, but they aren't necessities for me. The last 3 I'm pretty indifferent about, but would probably enjoy them in my game as long as they're well done.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • lynxchildlynxchild Posts: 15 Member
    Witches
    Mermaids
    Imaginary Friend
    Super Heroes
    Werewolves
    and...that's about it.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    1: Witches
    2: Mermaids
    3: Genies
    4: robots
    5: proper plant sims
    6: elves
    7: werewolves
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • OfSylvanGladeOfSylvanGlade Posts: 86 Member
    Werewolves
    Fairies
    Witches
    Genie
    Zombies
    Robots
    Mermaids
    Imaginary Friend
    Super Heroes
    Something New (optional)

Good question. I love Supernaturals and fantasy gameplay, so I think about this a lot.

1. Witches
    2. Fairies
    3. Mermaids
    4. Superheroes (we've never had these before, right? First I've ever heard of them other than as in a career in Sims 2... but I'm SUPER onboard. No pun intended.)
    5. Genies
    6. Werewolves
    7. Plant Sims (proper ones, like someone else said.)
    8. Zombies
    9. Imaginary Friends
    10. Robots

For my 'something new', Hmmm... I like the idea of elves since they kindasortanotreally had them in Dragon Valley but they were literally just sims with rainbow skin tones and pointy ears. But to me elves are basically just fairies without the wings. In some fantasy (they touched on this in Sims Medieval with one townie) dragons have both a human form and a dragon form that they can shift between, so that would be kind of fun. (I just really want a medievalish, fantasyish, Dragon Valleyish pack... please oh please oh please)
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited November 2018
    1. Something new
    2. Something new
    3. Something new
    4. Something new
    5. Something new

I want something new, I'm tired of getting the same thing for every iteration of the game over and over again. We have seasons, pets, vampires etc etc now. Can we please get something new, not done before?

I'd love the zombie apocalypse thing they mentioned a long time ago. Seems like it would make a huge impact on gameplay which I am starved for at this point. It would probably interest a new demographic to the game as well if done right. The superhero idea seemed interesting as well.

With this same old same old content we can't help but compare it to the TS3 or TS2 or even TS1 version of it, I just want something so that we don't have anything to compare it to, something to explore without previous experience, something fresh.

----

Oh and please make plant sims a permanent life state with abilities, it's just sad the way they are now. It could be included in the free update thing a little at a time or something.

ETA: Oh and I don't have it but the Jungle pack thing, I think they should have made the skeleton thing a permanent thing, if the simmer wish. It just seems 🐸🐸🐸🐸 with all these "supernaturals but not really, temporary bs"...
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • VirtualFairytalesVirtualFairytales Posts: 9 New Member
    I want all of them! :D

But let's make some priorities....

1. Witches
    2. Something new - Elves! YES please!
    3. Mermaids
    4. Genie
    5. Werewolfs
    6. Superheroes

I'd also love mythical creatures like dragons, unicorns, harpies, oh whatever...
    If I could, I'd turn the whole game into a fantasy version. :D
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    1. Witches
    2. Werewolves
    3. Fairies
    4. Most anything else

99. Super Heroes, lol.

Don't care for them.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    1. Werewolves
    2. Superheroes (Although I agree that perhaps a life state is wrong for them as per what @QueenMercy said. Alien superheroes!)
    3. Something new. There are so many possibilities. How about Gorgons? Centaurs? Satyrs? Elementals?
    4. Robots
    5. Fairies...if they're more akin to what Celtic mythology has to offer. The kind with questionable intentions, or the sort that would come out of a Brian Froud art book. If not, I can do without.
    Zombies No thank you. I actively do not want to see this happen.

a63ftuN.png
  • CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    1. Werewolves
    2. Witches
    3. Mermaids
    4. Fairies
    5. Robots
    6. Superheroes
    7. Unicorns (if we get a horse gamepack)
    8. Zombies/genies
    9. Imaginary friends

• rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Extremely basis answer but I'd really like to see Witches and Werewolves. Ideally in their own pack just like Vampires. I'd like for witches to be as diverse as Vampires with different archetypes like warlocks, mediums and plain sim magicians. I'd imagine sims would climb ranks and choose perks like in the Vampire/Get Famous system. For Werewolves it would be great if they could be more fleshed out than in Sims 3, and how great would it be if they could turn in to wolves? We already have the dogs mechanics so they could implement aspects from there. I really hope they we get some sort of supernatural pack next year, I've recently started playing with vampires in a new save and it's so much fun to have a little variety from the everyday households I typically play.
  • adele_katadele_kat Posts: 130 Member
    SCARY, DARK Witches and SCARY, DARK new BAYOU world, that's all i want!*.*
    giphy.gif
  • NoIdeaNoIdea Posts: 15 Member
    > @adele_kat said:
    > SCARY, DARK Witches and SCARY, DARK new BAYOU world, that's all i want!*.*

Oh I like it. An old hut with a swamp witch in it. But I'm not sure how "dark" the game can actually go.