Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Invisible Sim

WooftheWolfieWooftheWolfie Posts: 388 Member
I have this elder Sim named Alfonso Proper. When I started playing a few minutes ago, he didn't show up. Like, when the game started he just wasn't there. His plumbob, blue skill cylinder, and thought bubbles were closer to the ground than were it would be if he showed up. I can still choose actions for his character, I just can't see him. What's going on and why?

Edit: Stop answering guys. The thread is over now.
Post edited by WooftheWolfie on

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    It means his clothing assignment has gone bad. Not the clothes themselves, just the assignment. I get this all over the place when playing a new world for the first time, as do many other players, but only occasionally in ongoing worlds and almost always with inactives.

The solution is to somehow get him dressed again and it should stop (for that sim). Since you mentioned plumbob, I take it he is in your active household and you could just have him change his clothes. Or you could re-select his Everyday outfit (or whatever he should be wearing) with MasterController > Outfit.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    It might be a bad career outfit. Try taking him to a dresser and choose change outfit and see if that fixes it.

If that doesn't work try Reset Sim. If you have NRAAS mod that lets you to it their way that would be better as it rebuilds the Sim.

But changing the outfit should fix the problem.
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    I have this elder Sim named Alfonso Proper. When I started playing a few minutes ago, he didn't show up. Like, when the game started he just wasn't there. His plumbob, blue skill cylinder, and thought bubbles were closer to the ground than were it would be if he showed up. I can still choose actions for his character, I just can't see him. What's going on and why?

I'm not sure what's going on but I've been having this problem with sims from other households (I've also been having a problem moving sims or merging households). Since I have NRaas MasterControl sims in my town have tags. So I go into map view, select the sim via the tag and then edit them in CAS. The invisible sim then materializes.
  • Options
    Strangely enough, when it's a bad outfit assignment, MC resetting a sim doesn't help. It just rebuilds the bogus assignment as it was. But NRaas DebugEnabler has a command called "Fix Invisible Sims" that seems to catch around 80% of these and fix them all at once, within a given world. Not necessary when we are talking about one sim, but sometimes helpful otherwise.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Thank you all. I will try what you guys said.
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    Strangely enough, when it's a bad outfit assignment, MC resetting a sim doesn't help. It just rebuilds the bogus assignment as it was. But NRaas DebugEnabler has a command called "Fix Invisible Sims" that seems to catch around 80% of these and fix them all at once, within a given world. Not necessary when we are talking about one sim, but sometimes helpful otherwise.

Clicking on the dresser to change outfit should fix the outfit problem.

If it wasn't an outfit problem and the Sim was underground (the plumbob was low) then reset sim should have brought it to the surface. Hopefully.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I had this happen to a sim once where they got stuck underground and I just MC reset them and it fixed the issue.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Dealing with invisible townie sims is one thing I've had a hard time with. When you don't know who it is, it's hard to reset them. For quite some time, after I got NRaas mods, I used Master Controller to reset the whole town every night. While I was doing that, I had no invisible townies, but it caused other problems. So, I started just resetting all the sims in town every night, right after Overwatch finished its nightly maintenance. That worked better, but was time-consuming to do. I've tried Overwatch repeatedly, with the fix invisible sims command, but it never fixed the ones on the lot where I was. I've finally found a solution that works for me every time, and isn't such a pain as the other ways I tried. When I see evidence of an invisible sim, I click on the ground of the lot and choose Master Controller > sim > basic > outfit, then when I get the panel to choose from all the sims on the lot at the time, I choose all of the ones I hadn't seen, or didn't remember seeing, and select the everyday outfit.

Sometimes it's easier than that. If I see a pair of skates going around the skating rink, all I have to do is click on the skates and change the outfit. LOL!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Meow. Nevermind this post.
    Post edited by WooftheWolfie on
  • Options
    Does anyone even read the posts before theirs? A lot of you just say the same things. Please don't do this.
    I know this wasn't directed at me, but I'll respond anyway. People like to chat about their games and the different experiences they have in fixing things that go wrong along the way. Some of it is repetitive, some of it shows that they have seen things happen in other unexpected ways and can help other players. And sometimes threads wander away from their original topic.

You can't direct people to stop posting to your original question after it's been answered on a chatty message board. Chastising those who do this is a great way to stop people from responding to your posts at all, I'm afraid.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Oh. I see.
  • Options
    I should also add that when I wrote my post there were none there at all. When I looked back at this thread later on I found three of us had answered at the same time and our 3 posts had all appeared after each other. There was no way for any of us to avoid this other than to not post ever just in case someone else had was posting at the same time.
  • Options
    @Karritz Sorry, I'm new to this site so I didn't know it would be that way. On another site it tells you when someone makes a post when you're typing your post. I thought it would be the same here.
  • Options
    Computerguy1232Computerguy1232 Posts: 2 New Member
    @IreneSwift At long last! This is exactly the solution I was looking for. The "Fix Invisible Sims" option never seemed to work for me. Many thanks!
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Fortunately, I have only ever had this happen ONE TIME since the release, at a gym in Sunset Valley when I had just the base game.
    I forgot this was a thing that could happen.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    cleo00 wrote: »
    Fortunately, I have only ever had this happen ONE TIME since the release, at a gym in Sunset Valley when I had just the base game.

Wow! I find at least 50% of the NCP Showtime performers appearing around town do so without any bodies (i.e. invisible). I always have to use the MC>Outfit route to get them to apear. Otherwise it's just a microphone on the ground with crowd in awe.
  • Options
    DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    cleo00 wrote: »
    @cleo00 That's luck at it's finest right there! xD I'm pretty sure I've encountered every Sims 3 glitch more than once at this point; I'm really unlucky when it comes to broken games. This one was ESPECIALLY annoying (until I started modding, then it basically solved 99% of my problems)! :P
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Which mod fixes this bug?

I don't know of any straight fixes but anything that'll force you to change the outfit of an invisible sim is a fix. Whether that's through MasterController with Basic -> Outfit or even just traveling to a lot with that sim where they'll have to change their clothes (like the enforced formalwear dress code of lounges, or a party with a dress code)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    edited November 2018
    Hi @46982459843, please check out this thread on Answers HQ and select 'Me Too' to show you are also having the same issue. The user in that thread has the same issue. If you check out @crinrict's post, she has shared information through her blog linked in her post. I'll lock this thread in the meantime as it's been bumped/necro'd.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top