Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collector's Edition USB

Awhile back the USB portion of my Collector's Edition plumbob broke (now I just have a sad plumbob). I know that there were files on it, but I can't remember what they are, nor do I have a copy of them. I was looking for where I could find a lone plumbob, but I can only find full Collector's, which I don't need and I don't want to spend another $60 or so on it. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can do about it? Is there a place for the files? (Again, there are files, right? Or am I delusional).

And sorry if this isn't in the right place.

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    From what I understand, the USB drives came with promotional files on them like TS3 theme music, desktop pictures, and screensavers, but nothing meant to be used by the game.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    The USB doesn't come with much, just a few different screensavers, wallpapers and an mp3 of the theme music.

I can upload the files for you if you want?
    edited October 2017
    coco wrote: »
    The USB doesn't come with much, just a few different screensavers, wallpapers and an mp3 of the theme music.

How about if you keep the files and send one of us the thumb drive? Some of us never had the pleasure of holding the plumbob over someone else's head and saying, "Ha ha, you're the active sim now!" Sounds like it should provide hours of hilarious fun. Or something. :p
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited October 2017
    @igazor Haha nice try. I'm keeping it for sentimental value. Besides it's only 2GB, and the plumbob is really really tiny. What's more interesting is that I'm pretty sure I had some sort of collector album book with early concept art of TS3 but I'm not sure where it is or how I got it. Sorry I was getting confused with TS4 collectors edition.
    I've uploaded the files here if anyone's curious.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9RJX_wmYuCDSlNNaGZyUWQ0bDA
  • Victoria069290Victoria069290 Posts: 84 Member
    Thank you so much! I knew it wasn't anything for ingame, and that it wasn't anything special, but I still wanted the files. I'm just happy the main plumbob didn't get busted, just the tip and the usb that was connected.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @coco Thanks! I never knew this existed.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    igazor wrote: »

How about if you keep the files and send one of us the thumb drive? Some of us never had the pleasure of holding the plumbob over someone else's head and saying, "Ha ha, you're the active sim now!" Sounds like it should provide hours of hilarious fun. Or something. :p

They actually make plumbob headbands should you want one ;) It would go nicely with a plastic looking wig and some funky mismatched outfit :p
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    igazor wrote: »

If you really, really want it I'll try and find mine.

edited October 2017
    @nickibitsward - Very kind of you but actually no, I was joking, and I have plenty of USB thumb drives around me most of the time anyway. Who knows what files I've put on which ones anymore.

@phoebebebe13 - Please cancel my next appointment for a makeover. I think I'm going to try that lady who operates out of the back of a van parked to the side of the New Jersey Turnpike instead next time. She's been getting some really good Yelp reviews lately. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    @coco

You get an "Awesome" because -well- you just ARE! :+1: Thank you for uploading those!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • BarrageBarrage Posts: 3 New Member
    I have the TS3 plumbob usb drive
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Barrage wrote: »
    I have the TS3 plumbob usb drive

I found mine! Who knows, it might be a collectors item one day.