Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Sim Age do you enjoy playing the most?

Comments

• LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited November 2018
    Young Adult
    Young Adult > Adult > Teen > Child > Toddler > Elder

In my opinion, elders are the most boring life stage... they always have been. Especially in Sims 4... I mean, I get the realism, but it's highly annoying how they can't do too many things without becoming "dangerously tired". Honestly, when my Sim becomes an elder, I stop wanting to play them. So I move onto the next generation immediately.

Edit: I also think a lot of people generally enjoy playing the life stage they are in real life... when I was a teenager, I always loved playing teens. Probably because I could relate to them more.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • simtorioussimtorious Posts: 66 Member
    Child
    I've always liked playing the younger life stages (minus toddlers) in every game, children the most though! They're adorable, and I loved it when they could play kids games together (tag, hopscotch) in the past. I'm also a family player and found the founders kids to be more interesting to control once I have personalities for them.

In order, my favorite stages are
    Child >Young Adult/Adults > Teen > Toddlers > Elders
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Young Adult
    Teen normally but they just aren't anything special in 4.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Young Adult
    Favourite: Young adults. They can do more than younger life stages, look better than adults, and are less restricted than elders.

Least favourite: Toddlers. They may be less annoying and more self-sufficient than in previous Sims games, but still very limited in what they can do, so once they've learned the skills I want them to learn, I usually age them up.

Special mention: Children. I just love how well thought-out they are this time around, coming with their own skills and aspirations and always having something to do, especially with Parenthood installed.
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    Young Adult
    i've always leaned towards young adult. old enough to do what they want, but still young and wild, you know? i also prefer to have my sims start a family when they're young adults. it's just an all around good age
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • MilwayLangMilwayLang Posts: 180 Member
    Young Adult
    I like to have independent sims. YA is the best choice because they're not too young and not too old to live alone
    Hello, my name is Soop Kreem. You can check my Adams' Family Tree

yh.jpg
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Teen
    Thanks for responding, everyone. I'm really really surprised that the overwhelming choice is Young Adult. I though for sure people were going to say Teen or Child, but a lot of you specifically said you didn't like Teen at all. Very interesting.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Young Adult
    I pick YA only because that's the age I usually try to find a romantic partner, get married and have kids. All the fun things in sims.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Teen
    With the way I play, teens usually are almost maxed out on the cooking, writing, and wellness skills.
  • joyofliving37joyofliving37 Posts: 106 Member
    Teen
    Young adult was initially my favorite, but since my children have aged to teens, their lives have been my focus. I’m having so much fun developing their stories. Now that I use an after school activities mod (which I really hope will be updated after the patch), their storylines are more interesting. Now, I don’t have to just imagine that they are cheerleaders, dancers, in school clubs, or play sports, but they have a rabbit hole for their various activities. The same goes for the dance career mod. I created a dance studio and plan to have some of my teen sims participate in the after school dance team while also attending dance lessons at the dance studio. I want them to become professional dancers as young adults.

I do have a household of young adults living in a university campus house and a young adult singer that I really love playing as well.
  • NumeriusAsiniusNumeriusAsinius Posts: 14 New Member
    Young Adult
    Teen is my second favorite, followed by children/toddlers.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Child
    I'm gonna bump this thread because I like it and think others would enjoy it too.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • waxingpoetic87waxingpoetic87 Posts: 2 New Member
    Young Adult
    I voted for young adults, but I feel like teens are a close second because it's fun to make them so naive. Young adult is where you can develop a sims' personality, though, and it also has the most content available.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Adult
    I haven't been able to tell any discernible difference between adult and young adult in this game.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    Young Adult
    Primarily I prefer young adults, but Children would be my second option, followed by toddlers, teens, adults, and elders. The life stages are most fun when I'm really attached to the sim(s) I'm playing.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Young Adult
    1. young adult
    2. teens
    3. adults
    4. toddlers and elders
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    Young Adult
    Young Adults and Adults are my favourite to play.
  • IshtarIshtar Posts: 3 New Member
    Teen
    Technically, I think I like YA most but I play it so much that I'm a little bored. xD
  • AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    edited January 2019
    Teen
    I've always played exclusively with YA stage, but I recently got inspired by all the high school teen drama shows I've been watching so I started playing with teens. They're great and not very restricted, I just wish they spent less time in the school on the work days.
    Post edited by AbraKadabra on
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Child
    Child. I love getting them to do homework, play at the playground with friends, help with chores, start kids clubs, go fishing, look for frogs, earn scout badges, etc. I like the other stages too a lot, but kids are my favourite :)
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Child
    In order I like:

Child, Young Adult, Toddler, Baby, Adult, Teen, Elder
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    Young Adult
    I liked Teens the best back in TS2 and TS3, but with TS4 having teens look too much like YA, it's disturbing to me and annoying that they don't really seem like their own life stage.
    So I went with Young Adults.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Young Adult
    Thanks for responding, everyone. I'm really really surprised that the overwhelming choice is Young Adult. I though for sure people were going to say Teen or Child, but a lot of you specifically said you didn't like Teen at all. Very interesting.

Teens were my favorite life stage to play in sims 2. There just isn't enough to do with them in sims 4 to make them feel special.

Parenthood was a step in the right direction though, but we need a generations pack.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Adult
    It was a tossup between Young Adult and Adult for me. I am one of the few who chose the Adult stage because during this life stage sims are generally solidly into their career. They're starting to get toward the top but the pressure is on; also their home life is generally more complex with kids and/or teens in the household. Also they tend to have more money so they can expand their home more.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Young Adult
    I went with YA, mostly because Teen-Adult all feels like the same stage to me...the only real difference is YA is when I start on the next generation. Teens don't even get their own clothes in this version!