Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The game has one problem... few Occult States.

Hi, I'm just writing some feedback as clearly illustrated by the bold text. So yeah, I think the game's lacking that element many fantasy lovers need which is The Supernatural
Many realism players have been engorged with lovely Laundry, the ever so needed Toddler Stuff which is great. Really. But my imagination along with many others can bend only so much. The vampires are well done and it makes the game beg for more fantasy characters illustrated through the gameplay. If we look at my board here, the vampires came in January 2017. If you look closer down here, you'll see by my estimations we're going into 2019.
tenor.gif?itemid=12279426

Of course these things take time and your money. Understandable! ^ ^
The intricate fame system from "Get Famous" adds some spice to the realism department, while yet again while supernatural players are left to scramble. Scramble for dregs to enhance their game with a practical sense of magic. ^ ^'

Now, if we'd take a step over here to see that the warm support of players will extend into 2019. There are chances of a cold front for "Get Famous" until discounts and holiday specials arrive. However, the prospect of a heavy rainfall of mystical, supernatural and occult content is minimal.The temperature for their demand is high at 99° to as low as 75° in some other regions.Consequently, those of us planning to create witches may continue experiencing torrid conditions in The Sims 4.
tom-hiddleston-weather-report.gif

For those who are in dire need of swimmable oceans and mermaids, don't walk with your umbrellas or snorkels just yet, because no one's addressed that.
Things might change in the coming year if hurricane Boycott that swept EA's Battlefront does resurface. For now we can expect light, scattered showers of requests for witches, faeries, werewolves, genies and all occult states.
windows-10-updates-weather-report-yWJPN7G.gif

But seriously the game is begging for a Supernatural release, forged with the same dedication that "Vampire" received. Anyway, peace, love and light to all.

tenor.gif?itemid=10755219

Comments

• CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    Agreed 10000000000%
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I'm itchin for some witchin....
    Wait... maybe it's fleas from a werewolf...
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I was just thinking about this the other day while playing a household in Oasis Springs. For some reason vampires come to the door, but never break in. They still annoy me. It made me miss having witches in the game again. I used to love putting curses on Sims who bothered my Sims. The Zazatotl relic from the Jungle Adenture pack is pretty great and provides some satisfaction, but it's not the same.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Very well done, with a bit of humor in with the request. I'm feeling confident we'll see witches sometime in 2019, which is better than Sims 2 when we didn't get them till near the end. And while Supernatural in Sims 3 had some great features it was supernatural overkill -- it was way too overwhelming to me and all the supernaturals ended up being sort of half-baked. If witches get the same treatment as vampires did it could be the best version of witches ever seen. Or maybe we get a general magic pack a la Makin' Magic. Anything beyond witches (werewolves, fairies/elves, mermaids, etc.) I'm not sure though if we do get a tropical vacation world maybe mermaids could be NPCs.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Although I'm not a big fan of the supernatural.. I don't mind if we can have occults or different life states after been reading all the amazing ideas from this forum. It seems fun and unique... I hope that sooner or later we could have it either as an EP/GP.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I'm not one of those people who complain about not getting what they want with every new pack ("There's nothing for kids and toddlers in this clearly adult-themed expansion - the end is nigh!!!"), but in this case, I fully agree. Maybe it's because as a long-term TS2 player I was used to many different kinds of supernaturals, but when I got on the TS4 boat in early 2017 and discovered that the only available supernaturals were aliens and the upcoming vampires, despite the game being 2+ years old at the time, I was slightly taken aback.

It's been another two years since then, and we haven't gotten anything else in that regard - and no, I don't count plant sims, as they're more of a non-threatening temporary skin condition than a full-blown supernatural this time around. I'm longing for witches, so much that I sometimes use vampires as placeholders for them, or play pretend with voodoo dolls and sims dancing around a fire that "magically" changes colours.

But then again, we also have to consider that the few creatures we have so far (except plant sims) are much more in-depth than before: TS2 aliens were basically just green sims with Voldemort noses, now they can use disguises and special abilities. Vampires used to be nothing but pale sims with extraordinary eating habits who couldn't go out in the sun, now they come with a much more elaborate system of powers and weaknesses. This gives me hope that any future supernatural life state we might get will be equally well thought-out. While witches are the only ones I really want, I can imagine that, if other creatures like werewolves get a similar treatment, I might end up enjoying them a lot more than before, as it was the case with vampires.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Yes please! My Vampires are starving for a worthy foe!

Please give us more Supernaturals soon, and some Sim Fears to go along with them. I'm confident that they would turn out quite awesome, especially if you put @SimGuruNinja on the task. But no pressure. :)

*Side Eye*

*Drops to knees, grabs pant leg of nearest dev and sobs uncontrollably*

Please. Oh gawd....

*blows nose*
    #Team Occult
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Yes, a thousand times yes! I love supernatural sims and really hope we get more soon. It's great to find so many supernatural related threads lately too that suggest many of us feel the same way. I know a lot of people want witches myself included, but I'm most eager for werewolves. I want to start a werewolf-vampire rivalry and an unlikely bromance with my main vampire sim. Fingers crossed!
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    For witches I yearn both day and night
    Pray tell, when will they hear my plight?

I hope we get them this next year coming. I also hope they have their own pack like Vampires did. I want other supers too.. but I need these ones. I've been waiting patiently.. biding my time.. suppressing my grief..
    Oh God, just give them too us soon!
    egTcBMc.png
  • DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    I really just want them to develop ghosts better. They're my favorite supernatural, but TS4 ghosts are incredibly boring.
  • ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    When was the last full fledged occult released? Vampires, which was like 2 years ago?
    keep on keepin' on
    Yes, a thousand times yes! I love supernatural sims and really hope we get more soon. It's great to find so many supernatural related threads lately too that suggest many of us feel the same way. I know a lot of people want witches myself included, but I'm most eager for werewolves. I want to start a werewolf-vampire rivalry and an unlikely bromance with my main vampire sim. Fingers crossed!

Supernatural was by far my favorite expansion for the Sims 3. I've been wanting more occults in TS4 for a while and Vampires are amazing yes but waiting so long just for one occult every year or so is offputting.
    keep on keepin' on
  • JujuAwesomeBeansJujuAwesomeBeans Posts: 85 Member
    I agree! I really want some fairies. I was hoping I could as least catch the ones in Slyvan Glade as a "pet". For now, I just use the wings from Spooky Stuff. I also have elves from the vampire/alien ears. They aren't occult themselves, just the ear feature from their ancestors.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    ceyric wrote: »
    When was the last full fledged occult released? Vampires, which was like 2 years ago?

Almost.
    DreamaDove wrote: »
    I really just want them to develop ghosts better. They're my favorite supernatural, but TS4 ghosts are incredibly boring.

I just want them to have fewer needs. It’s neat that they can still use their abilities when you’re playing them. I really hate the drowning ghosts puddles though.

I wonder if the “you can’t scare a sim to death” has something to do with keeping the teen rating, since that’s getting into some obvious murder territory. You could have people executed or duel to the death in medieval though...
    QueenMercy wrote: »

I just want them to have fewer needs. It’s neat that they can still use their abilities when you’re playing them. I really hate the drowning ghosts puddles though.

I wonder if the “you can’t scare a sim to death” has something to do with keeping the teen rating, since that’s getting into some obvious murder territory. You could have people executed or duel to the death in medieval though...

In The Sims 2, ghosts and vampires could scare sims to death.
    keep on keepin' on
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member

I’m just wondering if ratings might have gotten stricter over the years. Like in one of the older Harvest Moon games (64 I think) you could get your farmer so drunk they pass out and they’d have “the flu” the next day, but in the European version of Tale of Two Towns they renamed the wine “syrup” and your character couldn’t drink it.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Yes! I want my werewolves/wereanimals!
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member

I’m just wondering if ratings might have gotten stricter over the years. Like in one of the older Harvest Moon games (64 I think) you could get your farmer so drunk they pass out and they’d have “the flu” the next day, but in the European version of Tale of Two Towns they renamed the wine “syrup” and your character couldn’t drink it.

I think it's more about the devs leaving out the Fear emotion altogether. I've seen statements from them that said they initially didn't think Fear would have much use (if I'm remembering the gist of the statement correctly) but that in retrospect, they realized it should have been a thing. SimGuruGrant even admitted that they dropped the ball by leaving out Fear.

I'm just hoping there's a way to put it in without breaking everything. SimGuruNinja once said he thought they could do it, but it would take a lot of time and work. So I just keep asking for it, just in case it's possible. I know that, for me, it would be game changing. And then, yeah, maybe we could actually have scary ghosts, and Vampires too.
    #Team Occult
  • DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member

Almost.

the ghosts don't have to scare them to them, but scaring them at all and consistently would be good. Right now sims react to ghosts the way they would if it was any other sims. And yes, I hate the needs. Why do my ghosts need to pee?
  • CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member

Almost.

the ghosts don't have to scare them to them, but scaring them at all and consistently would be good. Right now sims react to ghosts the way they would if it was any other sims. And yes, I hate the needs. Why do my ghosts need to pee?

Ghost definitely need to be reworked! They haven't been updated since they've been added, which is 4 years ago!
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    what will you do if ea/maxi decided not to add new supernatural life states to the sims4? as players we can post ideas on what we would like to see but in the end its ea/maxi and the gurus that chose what makes a come back to the sim game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I'd also like some funny Werewolf interactions like tummy rubbing and the sniffing of rear ends as a greeting to other Werewolves. The last one might be too inappropriate for the T rating but I'm not sure.
  • DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    what will you do if ea/maxi decided not to add new supernatural life states to the sims4?
    @friendlysimmers
    Witchery.
    CorruptWarlikeJunco-size_restricted.gif
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    what will you do if ea/maxi decided not to add new supernatural life states to the sims4? as players we can post ideas on what we would like to see but in the end its ea/maxi and the gurus that chose what makes a come back to the sim game

Re-install TS3 and say goodbye to TS4.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

I think it's more about the devs leaving out the Fear emotion altogether. I've seen statements from them that said they initially didn't think Fear would have much use (if I'm remembering the gist of the statement correctly) but that in retrospect, they realized it should have been a thing. SimGuruGrant even admitted that they dropped the ball by leaving out Fear.

I'm just hoping there's a way to put it in without breaking everything. SimGuruNinja once said he thought they could do it, but it would take a lot of time and work. So I just keep asking for it, just in case it's possible. I know that, for me, it would be game changing. And then, yeah, maybe we could actually have scary ghosts, and Vampires too.

I'm not so much on the occult (except for witches, which I don't really think of as 'occult'), but the fear emotion is one of my biggest wants for the game. I understand that it would be huge - they would have to update many existing moodlets and add new ones, and there would definitely be a period in which the tuning would be buggy. You just can't test for all the possible combinations of traits and moodlets. (I foresee a whole pile of Sims dropping dead from 'terror' when a ghost or vampire appears. Oops.)
    I just want things to match. :'(