Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Famous, honest question - enough content to warrant expansion/price?

TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
So I've literally bought EVERY single DLC for the Sims 4 - to say the least I've bought stuff packs just to get a new hair I wanted in-game, but I'm really on the fence about buying Get Famous until maybe it gets heavily discounted. Why? I just don't really see anything in it that makes me say "I need that" or warrant its price tag of $50 in Canada +tax .

More so, it seems to only have 3 new features which seems really small for an expansion pack. The acting and production career, the famous mechanic and a new town. I've googled for more info but those seems to be the 3 big AND minor selling points.

This seems really small for an expansion pack feature wise, especially since the new careers are basically piggy backing off each other as two different roles in the same profession and workplace.

The celebrity mechanic, honestly I'm not excited at all about since so few of my Sims will use it and I found it annoying in the Sims 3 unless it was for Sims I didn't play/main.

The new town is kinda cool, if I was to pre-purchase it (which I'm not) I'd probably do it for that.

So I guess what I'm asking is, what other content besides clothing and new furniture, is being added game play wise?

Also, is it just me or is this like a really small scale expansion pack?

I'm really not trying to negative here, I'm legit asking what other features fill out this expansion pack to warrant the full price of it/convince me to buy it? Is the acting career like super fleshed out in ways that far exceed previous professions or something to warrant attention only on them for example?