Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

“cAnT dO tHiS wHiLe A vAmpIrE iS bReAkInG iN”

I’m HIGHLY annoyed with The Sims 4 Vampires because i lost about 2 hours of gameplay due to a vampire breaking into my home without warning. I tried resetting the vampire sim, making the vampire sim leave, locking my doors, talking to vampire, tried starting a club gathering, tried inviting sims over, tried exiting to world but was unable to cause of it being greyed out, tried cas but couldnt do that either, tried EVERYTHING. But NOPE. Idk why EA had to make the Vampires so annoying. I never had a problem with them in my save until NOW. I thought this bug was fixed? Anyways, I had to exit the game without saving and lost progress so thanks Vampires for disabling every button while breaking in :))))) ESPECIALLY THE SAVE BUTTON.
forever wishing i could use motherlode irl.

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    If you're not opposed to mods there is one that will cut way down the duration of this issue. They changed it from a few hours to a few minutes.
    https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175406714788/vampire-invasions-on-community-lots-fix-kind
  • cutiejecutieje Posts: 72 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    If you're not opposed to mods there is one that will cut way down the duration of this issue. They changed it from a few hours to a few minutes.
    https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175406714788/vampire-invasions-on-community-lots-fix-kind

thanks so much ♥
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Your welcome :)
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Vampires breaking into Sim's homes was always intended as an aspect of the game pack. What is not intended is when they somehow break into a public community lot and you're stuck in that lot for most of the night.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • cutiejecutieje Posts: 72 Member
    Vampires breaking into Sim's homes was always intended as an aspect of the game pack. What is not intended is when they somehow break into a public community lot and you're stuck in that lot for most of the night.

im just annoyed that you arent allowed to save while a vampire is breaking in, my break-in glitched and never ended and i couldnt save.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    cutieje wrote: »

im just annoyed that you arent allowed to save while a vampire is breaking in, my break-in glitched and never ended and i couldnt save.

Now that is truly the worst :(
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member

I'm a little late to this post because I haven't been on here in a while. But I have just one question for you since you didn't mention doing this in your OP. Have you tried placing garlic decor near all the exterior doors to your sim's house? All vampires should run away from anything that's made of garlic unless they have the Immune to Garlic power.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »

I'm a little late to this post because I haven't been on here in a while. But I have just one question for you since you didn't mention doing this in your OP. Have you tried placing garlic decor near all the exterior doors to your sim's house? All vampires should run away from anything that's made of garlic unless they have the Immune to Garlic power.

This isn't an issue for private homes, it's a glitch where a vampire is said to be "breaking in" to a public lot. I once had it happen to me at a karaoke bar because a vampire was working as a bartender there, lol. And just recently I had it happen while at the ruins in windenberg cause vampires kept walking by. on the streets outside.
  • silver_songbirdsilver_songbird Posts: 305 Member
    I'm sorry but the title 🤣🤣🤣
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    edited November 2018
    This isn't an issue for private homes, it's a glitch where a vampire is said to be "breaking in" to a public lot. I once had it happen to me at a karaoke bar because a vampire was working as a bartender there, lol. And just recently I had it happen while at the ruins in windenberg cause vampires kept walking by. on the streets outside.

I wouldn't mind getting this pack but this is exactly why I'm staying away. I don't want all my worlds infested with bugged vampires in layers of gaudy outfits. Sigh.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    MadIris wrote: »

I wouldn't mind getting this pack but this is exactly why I'm staying away. I don't want all my worlds infested with bugged vampires in layers of gaudy outfits. Sigh.

Do you use mods? MCCC has settings to help combat this
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    The way this was written had me out of breath. Hahahahahha
    tenor.gif?itemid=5665604

But I always create a "witch" who gardens and hangs garlic wreaths all over the town. Especially in front of the doors of places I know I will frequent with other families and on the homes of Sims I have affection for.
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member

I have a mod that allows sims to kill other sims. So if this happens I usually find killing somebody fixes the glitch as it causes the grim reaper to spawn, then once he deals with the dead sim everything goes back to normal.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png