Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Father winters baby

2...Next

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    sassygray5 wrote: »
    My Sim is currently pregnant with Father Winter’s baby!

So is mine -- I'll have to see if anything develops.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Is the trait the baby receives a hidden trait or one you can see in the simology panel?
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited August 2018
    My question is : Why to develop a Father Winter's baby trait ?

Seriously, the cheat codes are more efficient.
  • lizmac21lizmac21 Posts: 555 Member
    To get the trait you can use this cheat: traits.equip_trait FatherWinterBaby

I couldn't get this to work
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    lizmac21 wrote: »
    To get the trait you can use this cheat: traits.equip_trait FatherWinterBaby

I couldn't get this to work

Did you type testingcheats true first?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • MJ1987MJ1987 Posts: 4 New Member
    THE Father Winter is a different sim than Clement Frost is what I noticed. Clement Frost you can see in your world who dresses like Father Winter but though his career says Father Winter a different sim appeared on Winterfest (Bob Hathaway for me) who I have yet to see wondering around the world other than when my sim accepts a date from him over the phone.
  • HannahL2110HannahL2110 Posts: 1 New Member
    From what I have found, they all get bleach blonde hair and a father winters baby trait. If father winter has a baby girl and she grows up to have children of her own, she has twins with also bleach blonde hair.
    In all the time i have played sims 4, none of my characters have ever had more than one baby, so i assume it has something to do with the fact she is father winters child.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    My sim had kids with Clement Frost and both were redheads like her (twin daughter is my avatar).
    They were indeed twins though.

I wish there was a way to ensure job stability for Clement Frost because the game takes him out of his role at the first opportunity and I don't want randomly generated sims to do it when he's still in my game and perfectly suited for the job.
    Even in a new save starting in Winter I got a random, and it's frustrating.
  • JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 907 Member
    Doing the 100 Baby Challenge I'm up to my 30th baby. I have culling turned off, but my second baby Bonnie I had with Father Winter. When I noticed her missing from my friends list I checked my family tree and she is gone from that too. All my other 29 kids are there so I don't know what became of her. She had blonde hair, yes, but then so did about 25 of my kids.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Doing the 100 Baby Challenge I'm up to my 30th baby. I have culling turned off, but my second baby Bonnie I had with Father Winter. When I noticed her missing from my friends list I checked my family tree and she is gone from that too. All my other 29 kids are there so I don't know what became of her. She had blonde hair, yes, but then so did about 25 of my kids.

Well for starters, kids can't have white hair so when a child is born taking the hair color of the one with white hair, it defaults to platinum blonde instead. Secondly, there is a growing issue where any Sim with the Father Winter's Baby trait can end up vanishing from the game entirely, especially if they're listed as Unplayed. For some odd reason the game doesn't want us to have these babies and they get taken away and erased from the game. I would know bc I cheated the trait on some created NPC sims of mine and when I left them to be Unplayed in a save, they simply vanished from the game entirely, as if they were never even born. So technically, your 30th baby with Father Winter no longer exists.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • ChiaraFoschianiChiaraFoschiani Posts: 50 Member
    Can this trait be passed down to the next generation without woohooing the next Father Winter every time? I'd like to make this trait a staple in the family but it'd be nice to not have each kid be arranged to have a baby with a Father Winter.