Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not So Berry Challenge Gameplay

please use this to share your Not So Berry gameplay!! rules can be found here !
43a9e79e48f14f5ed6488469d6d1976f.gif
co-creator of the Not So Berry legacy challenge // I'm a lover // twitter // twitch

Comments

• Options
    Sims4SarahSims4Sarah Posts: 133 Member
    Thank you for starting this thread. It should be fun the variations of play people take when using the same set of rules as a starting point. :)

My Not So Berry Legacy began with Emerald Berry.

3dWCRqb.jpg
    jwUuNcj.jpg

A feisty lady of mischief who introduced herself to the big city by jumping into protests and giving shocking handshakes.

Ip2ksPP.jpg
    ewnvLAn.jpg

Late nights working in the lab left Emerald wondering when she would ever have the time to find a partner and start a family.

euRZ24r.jpg

Then one night in the gym, she caught a guy checking her out as she innocently walked across the whole gym floor in nothing but a towel.

3cp2d6T.jpg

The next thing she knew, she was seeing this guy all over town. He even walked into the Knight Night at the bar. Could he be her own knight in shining armor?

3Py68Po.jpg

Finally, she got up the nerve to talk to him. Not long after she started to date Paolao and they were falling in love.

PaYTKHV.jpg

Emerald fell so hard that even though she was in her dingy low-rent apartment, she couldn't resist getting down on one knee and asking Paolao to marry her. He said yes!

fYGIxrj.jpg

As could be expected, it wasn't long before the stork was visiting the Berry household. It delivered a healthy boy called Garnet Berry.

0DaSiFY.jpg

Garnet was a true blessing to their family but as he reached the toddler stage, Emerald couldn't help the feeling that he deserved a better environment than her dirty, bug-ridden apartment.

I59vTT4.jpg

Emerald and Paolao pulled together all of their money and got bigger and much nicer apartment. It left them broke but at least Garnet would have the room to grow without them worrying about him being injured by the sparks from a faulty fuse box.

jAZsR9Z.jpg
    9dCFt2x.png

As Emerald's career started to take off and she was reaching new heights and different worlds, Garnet continued to grow.

gfskH7q.jpg

He went from toddler to child and child to teen in, what felt like, a blink of the eye.

zTY411Q.jpg
    elN7CpZ.png
    2m8qEtZ.jpg

Once Garnet became a teenager, his romantic nature kicked in big time. He was barely out of short trousers before he had a wide collection of girlfriends and first kisses.

iF07q0Z.jpg
    ofCRNyN.jpg
    CaWYpRJ.jpg

Emerald is getting older, Garnet is just about to become an adult. What is next for the Berry legacy?

• Options
    alwaysimminggalwaysimmingg Posts: 82 Member
    Sims4Sarah wrote: »
    Thank you for starting this thread. It should be fun the variations of play people take when using the same set of rules as a starting point. :)

My Not So Berry Legacy began with Emerald Berry.

3dWCRqb.jpg
    jwUuNcj.jpg

A feisty lady of mischief who introduced herself to the big city by jumping into protests and giving shocking handshakes.

Ip2ksPP.jpg
    ewnvLAn.jpg

Late nights working in the lab left Emerald wondering when she would ever have the time to find a partner and start a family.

euRZ24r.jpg

Then one night in the gym, she caught a guy checking her out as she innocently walked across the whole gym floor in nothing but a towel.

3cp2d6T.jpg

The next thing she knew, she was seeing this guy all over town. He even walked into the Knight Night at the bar. Could he be her own knight in shining armor?

3Py68Po.jpg

Finally, she got up the nerve to talk to him. Not long after she started to date Paolao and they were falling in love.

PaYTKHV.jpg

Emerald fell so hard that even though she was in her dingy low-rent apartment, she couldn't resist getting down on one knee and asking Paolao to marry her. He said yes!

fYGIxrj.jpg

As could be expected, it wasn't long before the stork was visiting the Berry household. It delivered a healthy boy called Garnet Berry.

0DaSiFY.jpg

Garnet was a true blessing to their family but as he reached the toddler stage, Emerald couldn't help the feeling that he deserved a better environment than her dirty, bug-ridden apartment.

I59vTT4.jpg

Emerald and Paolao pulled together all of their money and got bigger and much nicer apartment. It left them broke but at least Garnet would have the room to grow without them worrying about him being injured by the sparks from a faulty fuse box.

jAZsR9Z.jpg
    9dCFt2x.png

As Emerald's career started to take off and she was reaching new heights and different worlds, Garnet continued to grow.

gfskH7q.jpg

He went from toddler to child and child to teen in, what felt like, a blink of the eye.

zTY411Q.jpg
    elN7CpZ.png
    2m8qEtZ.jpg

Once Garnet became a teenager, his romantic nature kicked in big time. He was barely out of short trousers before he had a wide collection of girlfriends and first kisses.

iF07q0Z.jpg
    ofCRNyN.jpg
    CaWYpRJ.jpg

Emerald is getting older, Garnet is just about to become an adult. What is next for the Berry legacy?

i just spedread this and oh my gosh !! <3 thank you for sharing this is magical
    co-creator of the Not So Berry legacy challenge // I'm a lover // twitter // twitch
  • Options
    cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    2v9ay3q.jpg

Jade de Menthe on her first day of the science career.
    5pljth.png

At the grand old age of 79 Jade completed the final stage of her challenge by attaining level 10 of the science career. She can now retire with husband Johnny Zest and not worry about what he's up to when he's not around! She will be handing over to daughter Ruby who has just aged up to young adult and started her own career on the politics ladder.
  • Options
    alwaysimminggalwaysimmingg Posts: 82 Member
    2v9ay3q.jpg

Jade de Menthe on her first day of the science career.
    5pljth.png

At the grand old age of 79 Jade completed the final stage of her challenge by attaining level 10 of the science career. She can now retire with husband Johnny Zest and not worry about what he's up to when he's not around! She will be handing over to daughter Ruby who has just aged up to young adult and started her own career on the politics ladder.

this made me sooo happy congrats mama Jade!
  • Options
    r0ccc2.jpg
    Generation 3 Amber now a teen. My favourite berry so far. Just got back from school . One of the rare occasions when she doesn't have the uncomfortable buff for having a pinched finger.
    nq3e3p.jpg
    Ruby just returned from work paying the bills. Deep joy at the random footwear to accompany the fab career outfit! At least they are red!!
  • Options
    15q6sr7.jpg
    Amber had twins! Nightmare. More girls. First born Pearl, on the right, is heir and Jade named after Amber's grandmother her only friend whilst growing up.
  • Options
    zwaooh.jpg
    Pearl and Jade turned teen. They are so cute!
  • Options
    RoggieBearRoggieBear Posts: 243 Member
    I don't know how to post my screenshots from the game - someone help!

I just started this challenge 2 days ago, and I'm already almost done with the first generation! My starter sim, Mintelle Berry, was so focused at work and finishing her goal, she hadn't even found love at the regular adult stage... so I adopted a kid named Layla. Layla did really well in school and focused on getting A's, as well as talking to her giant bear! She talked a lot, and ended up being a VERY talkative kid. When she grew into a teenager, her school grades dropped. She never did her homework, and just talked during class! After a while, she invited a boy to her house.

She was in love with the boy, and stayed with him for a few days. Then, she saw someone even cuter! She immediately fell in love and asked him over, without the other boy, Wolfgang, knowing. Things got a little crazy with him though, as they both were in love, and their relashionship skyrocketed. After a long, romantic day, they climbed into bed to mess around a bit -- good Mom wasn't home!

Finally, she started dating another boy, Hugo, after guilt crept into her life that she had already messed around - or basically Woo Hooed (is there even a past tense for that word?) and that was highly frowned upon. She knew she was lucky that she didn't become pregnant, or worse, get a disease!

She started inviting Wolfgang and Hugo around (at different times, of course) to see which one she actually wanted to be with. After the affair, she started to split up with her beautiful boyfriend, only talking a bit. And this is where I leave off.

Mom (Mintelle) has retired from her job, and now gets almost $1000 a day, which is a very livable life. She has also completed her aspiration, and is very mischievous. It keeps Layla on her toes. The only thing she yet needs is one element - Plumbobus I believe - which is very rare. However, with her amazing cloning machine, she is copying a rock over and over... she will never run out of possibilities! I hope that she doesn't die before she finishes! I'm also going to post my story on my page - be sure to check it out to find it easier!
    ef9eb77d415cabaae36ff6de0598edad--tms-entertainment-cat-cat.jpg

Inspired +1 - Who isn't inspired after seeing the cutest thing ever come out of the banana they were eating?

RoggieBear
  • Options
    After getting drunk one night, Layla invited over the other two boys and had a fun little time in bed with both... she also finally aged up to young adult, and has now already kissed 4 men (well, one young adult...) She is on the third stage of the aspiration, level 5 Charisma, and is at level 2 of her career! Mom finally got the last element as well! Wooooo!!! First Generation, CHECK!

Inspired +1 - Who isn't inspired after seeing the cutest thing ever come out of the banana they were eating?

RoggieBear
  • Options
    Uh oh! Layla just found another sim... she REALLY likes him! His name is Trevor, and after a night of fun, she completely lost control. He asked her if she wanted to Woo Hoo, and she agreed! Now she's pregnant! Luckily, she's getting ready to ask him to marry her, considering they are going to be parents soon, she figures they should at least be together... right?

RoggieBear
  • Options
    Wow. Trevor HATES her! No, more than that. He DESPISES her! At their wedding, everything was going perfectly. Mom made the cake, lots of guests came, and they started getting married. But, halfway through the wedding... she called it off. She just didn't know if she liked him. He hated that so much that their love dropped below 0. Whenever they talk, he takes it offensively. Now, poor Layla is depressed... good I don't have the kill yourself mod installed!

RoggieBear
  • Options
    Yay! Mintelle, being the scientist she is, concocted a potion that will allow her to live longer! Totally didn't buy a Potion of Youth...... XD Now, the baby is going to have a grandma!

RoggieBear
  • Options
    KvelvetKvelvet Posts: 262 Member
    @RoggieBear Your screenshots will be in your EA folder. C:\Users\(your name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Screenshots
    Origin ID: ScarletteII
  • Options
    Fluffycat05Fluffycat05 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi guys so i've just started the mint generation of the not so berry challenge. My mint sim is called Julia Jones (not a mint name, i know, but i like it) and her story is shes moved to windenburg from oasis springs (hence her OS style house) she has a quirky, mischievous sense of humour, loves animals (hence her cat skirt and pet rat), and is a bit of a spendaholic with a taste for luxury. She loves her work whih is why she puts up with the long commute (i assume the science lab is in oasid springs from the location clues). I really want her to get with jonny zest but im open to other sims. I guess we'll just wait and see...

Pictures will be coming as soon as i get back to a laptop lol...
  • Options
    Fluffycat05Fluffycat05 Posts: 2 New Member
    After much consideration, have decided against Jonny Zest and am going to see where and who the game takes me to...
  • Options
    rubahlubarubahluba Posts: 138 Member
    I'm doing the challenge on my channel and I'm currently on the ninth generation (green). It's such a fun challenge! Feel free to check it out!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT-E-LvmKzY&amp;t=1s
  • Options
    LulunopiaLulunopia Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! I just started the Not So Berry Challenge on my channel! It's a bit long as I lost track of the time. Haven't had an account on here long enough so if you want to check out my video my channel Lulu Gamer
  • Options
    PrimulaPrimula Posts: 1 New Member
    I cannot seem to get 4 of the Elements to get past gen 1. I need Alcineat, Crytacoo, Firaxium and Plumbobus. 3 are rare but alcineat is the most common and i havent gotten it once. can anyone help?
  • Options
    h0p3thecath0p3thecat Posts: 2 New Member
    I started this challenge a couple of weeks ago and it's great! I started playing on SimLicy's save file - here is a link to the DL if you want to use it in your game; I get tired of playing with the same townies so I have different save files I start from!
    SimLicy Save File Link - https://simlicy.tumblr.com/post/190631765545/simlicy-save-10-download-this-is-the-first
    I am a LONG time player of this franchise but have been a voyer/lurker up until now. I don't have the ability to post photos yet but one day I will and on that day you will see my sims!

Mint-Generation 1:
    My founder's name is Mikayla Berry and she met Dirk Dreamer online and it was love at first text! She was pushed into marrying him by a text from a family member stating that she would receive an inheritance so long as she married within 7 days. She spoke with Dirk about it and they decided it was time to get married and start their family! First, they had Madalyn and afterwards came Mae; Madalyn grew up fast and was already moved out by the time they had Mae, but she visited often and the sisters were friends. Mikayla achieved her dreams of becoming a mad scientist and collected all of the elements in the Simverse!

Rose-Generation 2:
    Mae Berry is the heir to the Berry fortune and it's her time to shine! She knew that she wanted to be a politician from a young age and this drove her to master the Charisma skill early in life. She uses her smooth-talking skills and strong work ethic to push herself through college and meets several lovers along the way.
    Mae met Josef Pancakes at her time attending Birchester to acquire a Distinguished History Degree; she thought he was handsome enough to date, at least for a while. Mae made the mistake of not using protection and she found out she was pregnant with Josef's baby before they were even exclusive! For the sake of Maxwell, she put her own feelings aside and asked Josef to marry her so they could be a family together; her own selfishness got the better of her, though, and in front of all of their friends and family she left him at the altar. Mikayla and Dirk raised Maxwell until their untimely deaths while Mae attended University; Mae continues to show little to no interest in Maxwell and he is learning very quickly how to fend for himself as his mother is too busy fulfilling her own life goals to worry about him.

That's their story so far! I absolutely love how this challenge allows you to be creative and make these cool storylines by having these characters' personalities pre-programmed. So fun! I'll update with photos and more story soon hopefully!