Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't place a saved lot on a lot that meets all requirements?

I'm having an insanely stupid and weird issue in Isla Paradiso; I'm trying to add more entertainment venues to it and I can't place a dance club that's 30x20 on a 30x20 lot, even after changing the venue type and going into it and making sure it's a perfectly flat lot.

Here's the extra fun part: It's the exact same lot I saved from another Isla Paradiso save. 23 Paraside Road on the main island, and it just refuses to let me place it, or place any lots in general it seems? Here's some pictures to confirm that everything should be working but just isn't.

969059c5f12da7e8469109a684aa2a97.png9c7327b3ecd38d9a248b23efc1e1b176.png

Comments

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    go into build mode on the lot.
    Build a strip of blank wall.
    Then take the bulldozer tool and drag across the entire lot and delete the walls.
    Go back into edit town and try again.

Sometimes seeds or items get left and won't let you build on it.Can't promise this will work, but its worth a try.=)
  • JayedTadaSkierJayedTadaSkier Posts: 817 Member
    go into build mode on the lot.
    Build a strip of blank wall.
    Then take the bulldozer tool and drag across the entire lot and delete the walls.
    Go back into edit town and try again.

Sometimes seeds or items get left and won't let you build on it.Can't promise this will work, but its worth a try.=)

Tried that, still won't let me place the lot? It doesn't seem like I can place any lot down, really. None of the lot symbols from the map appear when I select it, even lots large enough to accommodate it.

Wait - nevermind, I just had to bulldoze it, despite it being an empty lot with nothing on it? That let me place it.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    No disrespect meant to the professional world developers on this forum, but when it comes to editing and replacing lots the logic that is required in this game has always been on par with getting things done by way of local governments. In other words, there ain't none. Even those of us who usually get the results we want in the end often have no idea how we did it (slight, but only slight, exaggeration). :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited October 2018
    Wait - nevermind, I just had to bulldoze it, despite it being an empty lot with nothing on it? That let me place it.

That would have been my next suggestion, I didn't originally add that because for me a lot of times when I completely bulldoze the lot, it won't let me put the lot back down(the blank lot) I'm glad you managed to fix it though.

Edit: In your second picture, I can see a mailbox and a garbage can.That could be the reason?

That would have been my next suggestion, I didn't originally add that because for me a lot of times when I completely bulldoze the lot, it won't let me put the lot back down(the blank lot) I'm glad you managed to fix it though.

Edit: In your second picture, I can see a mailbox and a garbage can.That could be the reason?

Might've been, but I never saw it when I went onto the lot. It did work after I bulldozed it though (I didn't initially cause I thought it would delete the lot)
  • SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    Agree with @Springfairy556 (and @Igazor) that sometimes the only solution is to bulldoze, then place a shiny new lot mesh (whatever it's called) there, but there are parts of some worlds where a lot is somehow twisty-turny, and even after removing world decorations (usually trees), putting down a lot mesh of the same size is nearly (or seems actually) impossible. :unamused:
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    I'm glad @JayedTadaSkier already solved the problem, but just in case it helps someone: There are two different icons for commercial lots, one for truly empty lots and one for lots the game perceives as built (even if there's nothing on it). I'm not in game to double check them, but it looks to me as though that lot had the built icon because it is the same as the other commercial lot I can see in your picture that definitely is built. Ones like that do have to be bulldozed before placing a lot from your bin. Any lot that has the built icon can be bulldozed and the lot mesh itself won't be deleted, which I imagine was the OP's experience. If you bulldoze one with the empty lot icon, it will delete the actual lot, and yeah, sometimes replacing one doesn't always work out so well.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member

That would have been my next suggestion, I didn't originally add that because for me a lot of times when I completely bulldoze the lot, it won't let me put the lot back down(the blank lot)

The solution to that issue is to enter the 'empty' lot and place something on it: walls, floor sections, a rock... Then return to Edit Town and bulldoze. As long as there is something on the lot the bulldoze tool won't remove the grid itself. Putting something on the lot yourself ensures you won't unintentionally bulldoze the lot grid when trying to clear the lot so you can place another on it.