Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Achievement Thread - Guide on how to achieve them

Comments

• Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited August 2018
    KATENESS wrote: »
    I was able to get both resort badges with my current household of three sims, and they own two resorts. Maybe I just got lucky. :)

Have you had any luck with the mermaid baby badge? How do you know when your baby is a mermaid? Do they become a mermaid at toddler stage or is it right from the beginning being a baby? Because how would you meet the hydration need for a baby? Just curious. My mermaid has had two human girls and just gave birth to a son. He has the same skin as his mom, but it looks like his needs are human needs.
    You get the achievement at birth. Otherwise, the scales on the "Todler" legs is the giveaway. The best way to get this achievement is having two "Mermais" (A.K.A. merpeople for some). Gather as much "Mermedic Kelp" as you can.
    Getting "Mermedic Kelp" is actually quite easy. You get some sometimes when you explore "Underwater Caves", you get one in one of the "Treasure Chests", you can purchase some for 30k LTR points (though I definitely don't recommend it...), and if a normal Sim gets "Close Friend" with one of the main "Mermaid" NPC (like Salty Seaworthy), you can spam him"her with "Mermaids'" "Interractions" (like "Talk about kelp recipes" or "Talk about sharks") up until you unlock the "Ask about fish parts"*. Once it's unlocked, use it several times. Replies shows up in your notifications and somes are funny. Sometimes, he/she will offer you blunty to turn you into a "Mermaid" by giving you a piece of "Mermedic Kelp". Again, gather as much as you can. A normal sim eating it will turn into a "Mermaid", while, for Mermaids, it not only counts as food but also as a cure for their illness.

* A reference to younglings asking the other gender about boys parts or girls parts.
    Post edited by Lexers615 on
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    Well maybe I'll have to turn my human sim into a merman so he and his mermaid wife should have 100% chance of having a mermaid baby. Because with the human/mermaid couple they've now had 3 human babies. :/
    giphy.gif

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Well maybe I'll have to turn my human sim into a merman so he and his mermaid wife should have 100% chance of having a mermaid baby. Because with the human/mermaid couple they've now had 3 human babies. :/

My human mer couple have had 3 mermaid babies. So it seems to be random. Good luck.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @KATENESS You can always save right before a baby is born and then use MasterController to reroll the outcome of the pregnancy if you don't get a merbaby. The command on the pregnant sim is NRaas > MC > Basic > Baby > Reroll Genetic Seed Value (you need the MC Cheats add-on). If the mother is already in labor, clicking on her won't work, but you can still run the command from City Hall. I haven't played much with occults, but I've found that every characteristic the baby is born with can be changed by this reroll. And of course you can take the newborn into CAS to see whether the toddler or child version has mermaid scales; as long as you X out of CAS, no changes will be saved.
    edited August 2018
    @KATENESS You can always save right before a baby is born and then use MasterController to reroll the outcome of the pregnancy if you don't get a merbaby. The command on the pregnant sim is NRaas > MC > Basic > Baby > Reroll Genetic Seed Value (you need the MC Cheats add-on). If the mother is already in labor, clicking on her won't work, but you can still run the command from City Hall. I haven't played much with occults, but I've found that every characteristic the baby is born with can be changed by this reroll. And of course you can take the newborn into CAS to see whether the toddler or child version has mermaid scales; as long as you X out of CAS, no changes will be saved.
    Sorry I misread your post. However CAS won't trigger the achievement as the baby has to be a mermaid at birth.

@KATENESS I gave it some more thoughts and how about having two Mermaids join your household? As long as you don't pick the main mermaids in Isla Paraiso, it won't affect the various relevant Arcs.
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Both good ideas, you two! When I get back in my game I'll see what I can come up with. :)
    giphy.gif

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    @Lexer615 I'm not sure what you mean by the relevant Arcs - but when I got the badge for having a mer baby it was my human sim with Salty Seaworth. they decided to build a house on Mermaid Secret Island when he showed it to her and they lived together there and she had a merbaby with him and it was the first baby. I've since moved their household into my Big Game and they've had a son who is also a mer baby.

FYI: The default scale colour at birth of girls is pink and boys is orange/yellow. You'll need to change it if you don't want them all looking the same. It gets a bit boring after a while. But they are nice colours when you first get them.
    Karritz wrote: »
    @Lexer615 I'm not sure what you mean by the relevant Arcs
    Some legs of Isla Paraiso chain opportunities depends on key NPC mermaids, and I've read that having one of those join your household will seriously compromise those.
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    I got my mermaid baby by having my wife sim have a one-night stand with a merman she knew. I got my alien baby badge on 9/22 and my hidden islands badge on 9/26, so I did have a family of three when I got the last of the islands. But since that was two years ago, I don't recall how many I had when my Sim married her alien husband, or had the first baby. I got the mermaid baby on 10/6.
  • arxtemisarxtemis Posts: 0 New Member
    hey @Lexers615, thank you so much for this thread!! :)
    im actually having trouble trying to achieve the conventional game conventions achievement from the university life thread. i am already at the highest of my career and also have held the convention for more than 5 times, but still no achievement :( do you know if theres other specific stuff that i have to do to unlock it?
    Ok I'm back with another question. I'm trying to get the simple Discount DJ badge. It seems pretty straightforward. But it's not working. I've tried four times now. I have a sim at level 3 in the grocery part-time job. So she's a Shopping Music DJ. She's also frugal, so I've had her clip a coupon. I've tried taking her to the store and shopping and using the coupon. I've tried just clicking the coupon from her inventory and doing the "use coupon" interaction. But nothing works.

Any thoughts?
    giphy.gif

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited November 2018
    @KATENESS Try reversing the order of operations—have your sim get "demoted" to level 2, buy something with a coupon, and get a promotion afterwards. Some of the badges are weird that way (like Buzzed, where my sim needed to drink the five cups of coffee first and only then get the job).
    Thanks! That's worth a try at least. :)
    giphy.gif

@kateness First of all, could you make a successful purchase with the coupon?
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Yep! She even got the "good deal" moodlet.
    giphy.gif

Yep! She even got the "good deal" moodlet.
    Was it for a good or for a service? I mean, was the discount at the grocery or bookstore for an item, or was it at the spa?
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    @arxtemis Sorry, I missed your post! Sorry for such a late reply.

I remember reading something about the problem not being the character, but the place where the convention is held. I mean some of the theatre work (and conventions held there are recorded for the completion) while some don't. I'd suggest to try it on the very first basic neighborhoods and only using the default included theaters and stadiums. Sorry for not being able to help you more.
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Each time it was for an item at the grocery store like an onion, salmon, and tofu. No services yet, like a spa package or anything.
    giphy.gif

Each time it was for an item at the grocery store like an onion, salmon, and tofu. No services yet, like a spa package or anything.

In which neighborhood was it?
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Sunset Valley
    giphy.gif

Is the frugal sim a teen or an adult?
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    She's a Young Adult
    giphy.gif

Then I really have no idea... I remember you mention having troubles with achievements in general... When was any achievement successfully cashed in at all?
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    I got the 15 Children badge a couple weeks ago. I'm hoping things aren't broken again. That's why I thought I would ask.

I haven't been able to get in my game for a few days now. Hopefully tonight I'll have some time. I'll try getting her demoted and try a couple different coupons. Maybe I'll even try using a different sim. I'll come back with some results, if there are any. :)
    giphy.gif

• Calypso00Calypso00 Posts: 1 New Member
    Short question concerning the "Trickathalon"-badge (description: Trick 50 sims). Does this require my fairy to set traps OR just enchant sims with the "mean" stuff like "hot head" and "cold teeth"? thanks in advance...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top