Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What kind of a community lot does Granite Falls need

After sending my sims to Selvadorada lately, I am also interested in going back to Granite Falls. But I feel it kind of needs an update. I really like the public lots in Selvadorada and now I'm planning changing 1 or 2 vacation homes into community lots. With seasons an indoor activity sound like something useful. What do you think Granite Fall needs? I'm particularly interested to know why you think a particular community lot might fit here.

Right now I'm thinking about a Pub with a bowling alley, dartboard and foosball table, perhaps with a little indoor playground for the kids.

I include those options I am considering right now. If you have other suggestions, feel free to share them.

What kind of a community lot does Granite Falls need 87 votes

Pub/Bar
19%
rjhenn14kokoro80AnmirlaMariefoxprice83Goegumock68mlmeadowsjode23MoonfoxNightcryEnkiSchmidtkappowanpinneduphairjoRN1414Atreya33Rae357PatriceDippertailz 17 votes
Spa
43%
Akl500PaprilrosejeLlyBeAn1573Writin_RegIsb917luthienrisingashcrash19Briel24FRENZIIfullspiralrambahadoerannaliese39mariajane216MaggieMarleylenorcaWinifred_WillowSigzy05Karababy52VentusMattImSands 38 votes
Swimmingpool
9%
rudy8292alanmichael1JennyggpapertongueMiguelDiogoFanPhoriamunroelememequeenpart2 8 votes
Museum
2%
Bagoas77alejandro15039 2 votes
Restaurant
19%
cchant86dragonfreakstilljustme2catloverplayerfloridameerkatChadSims2dizzydee_kmicheleiSimskristaLairamaggiesim666DianesimsJoyGodzillaRememberJoyAutonomous_Am_IwhimreaperErwyle 17 votes
Other
5%
TiarellamusteniEricasFreePlayroyallousmikamakimon 5 votes

Comments

• FRENZIIFRENZII Posts: 29 Member
    Spa
    I honestly feel like a spa is a mandatory lot to place in granite falls. Seeing as it's a vacation destination for your Sims to take a break from regular life it just makes sense to have somewhere they can have a pamper day at some point on the trip. I've mostly turned granite falls into my spa getaway with one lot being a massage parlor, another being a yoga studio and another being a pool with hot tubs. I'm considering building a restaurant too but haven't gotten around to it yet.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Spa
    I'd put a spa in there, with windows out to natural views.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Restaurant
    I'd add a nice rustic steakhouse.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Spa
    I've always found the idea of an outdoor nature spa to be an ideal place to be in Granite Falls; can't really see much of anything else going for it there or it might lose the "nature" aspect of the world.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Pub/Bar
    So far a adding a spa seems to be the most popular option, with a bar being second. You all have good points. Thanks for your comments.

A spa is very useful to escape the everyday routine. I'll try to create one which feels natural enough to be in that world.
    I think I'll add a bar or restaurant as well so my sims have 2 places to go indoors if the weather is bad.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I actually have both a spa and a bar in mine. I bulldozed the useless 50x50 forest for the spa and put the bar on one of the 40x30s. Works nicely for me.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Pub/Bar
    I like the idea of putting a spa and a bar there. I never send more than one household at a time so there's no real need for lots of places to stay. All I need really is the campsite, the forest and a house big enough to fit a large family.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    Spa
    Hey, adding both a bar and spa would be great! I would probably bulldoze the 2 cheapest rental lots to fit them.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Pub/Bar
    Funny, I was considering bulldozing the 2 more expensive lots. :)
  • lenorcalenorca Posts: 30 Member
    Spa
    I feel it would work really well with a spa and a restaurant. Especially the spa would benefit from having a playroom where you could just dump the kids when the parents want to take a day off :D Thinking about building some luxury resort of Granite Falls now that seasons propably will make it more interesting for my sims to visit (dont have that EP yet) :)
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Pub/Bar
    I'm swapping out buildings often, depending on what kind of vacation I want to treat my sims to.

My only permanent venue in Granite Falls is a bar, because I like getting invites to the themed bar nights there - it's like a mini vacation. Sadly that feature was disabled for some time, and I'm not sure if it was restored. (My current save is San Myshuno based and the game seems to know that, because I seem to get exclusively CL themed phone invites atm)
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Spa
    I have a spa and restaurant. The spa is a must. I’m thinking of making the restaurant a bar though.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Restaurant
    My current save I haven't modified GF yet, but I've had a restaurant on the campground lot in the past (camping seems to be problematic especially post-Seasons) and a spa on one of the 30x20 lots. I'd like to restore the spa, maybe with an outdoor natural pool using the water colors from either GT or JA. I like the idea of a playroom for kids too.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    Restaurant
    Pre-seasons I downloaded a gorgeous tree house spa by Sophsims. It is stunning. I have not visited GF lately so I have no idea how it works with seasons. I am not a builder so I am still looking for the perfect restaurant or bar that fits the world.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Other
    I replaced the biggest lot with a Karaoke Bar. It's actually a barn next to a farm house. My sim kid was just invited to spend the evening there with her aunt :)
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    Other
    Ski-lodge, for cross-country skiing. I know, we don't have that in the game, but we can have the lodge! :grin:

Having trouble getting this to post; crossing my fingers it doesn't double-post!
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Pub/Bar
    those are all great suggestions! hope that granite falls can be improved, I have that one.
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    Pub/Bar
    I don’t have Outdoor Adventures, but from the pics I’ve seen (especially since seasons) I think it would be cool to have a rustic bar/pub with a fireplace, set up with an Apres Ski vibe.
    Spa
    I just plopped down a yoga studio to replace one of the small rentals already! I still yet to figure out what to place on the other small rental, if I can find the right lot.
  • GoeguGoegu Posts: 17 Member
    Pub/Bar
    Pub/Bar
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Swimmingpool
    I think you should add a swimming pool, but a natural looking "swimming hole" type, like at the bluffs in Windenberg!
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Spa
    I downloaded a SPA from the gallery that fits Granite Falls perfectly, since then I always use it. Can't remember the name of the lot right now, but is like a SPA on a treehouse.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Pub/Bar
    I've been putting a bar and a spa instead of a couple of the holiday homes, because I only use one at a time anyway. I tend to leave one family-sized house and one smaller house for single sims or couples. With the campsite, that's plenty of choice, and the world is much improved by having the communal lot.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    edited January 2019
    Museum
    It would be fun to have a single world devoted to a vast Simsonian complex or campus for sim scientists, archaeologists, treasure hunters, art restorers, artists, sculptors, et al. to explore.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Spa
    I'd say a spa and a restaurant, at least that's what I plan to add to Granite Falls.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr