Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Never Again!

IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
I did something in my game tonight that I've never done before, and will never do again. I want my current household to collect all, or as many as possible, of the different kinds of gnomes. My couple just had their first child, so there have been a lot of changes in their lives, and I forgot until the next to last day of winter that I wanted to try to get the winter gnome by having them make lots of snowmen. They managed to make quite a few that day, but it didn't bring them any gnomes. I wanted to add to their snowman army the next day, the last day of winter, but the temperature was rising. It got above freezing and kept going up, so the snowmen most likely wouldn't have lasted to the end of the day. So, for the first time ever, I used the shift-click on the ground cheat to change the temperature, and set it to 20.

After that, the temperature became permanently stuck on 20. Even when spring came, when the lowest daytime temperature setting was 40 degrees, it stayed at 20. After my sims went to bed and I saved them, I changed the season to summer and let it run for a while. The temperature still didn't budge from 20.

I was not willing to do anything more drastic, like evicting them to the clipboard and bulldozing and replacing their house, because that would require a lot of work. They own too many houses and too much real estate, and have too many items that took a lot of work over a long period of time to collect, that would have to be moved to their personal inventories or be lost, it was much easier just to lose two sim days of play and go back to before I made that fatal mistake.

Comments

• TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    It sounds like using NRaas Tempest woud've allowed you to have a winter extended or shortened.I would've just had a custom winter profile and used spring profiles that started with spring being delayed to keep the snow longer.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    That's because when you manually enter it, it will stay there until you change it back.I "think" once you set it, if you want it back to changing, there's a "reset temperature" option.
  • AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    Ditto to what Springfairy said. I’ve manually set the temp like you did and you have to reset it either on the ground again or it *might* be the mailbox.
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    If Springfairy said it, it must be true. Her name implies she knows about weather. ;)
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Hejix wrote: »
    If Springfairy said it, it must be true. Her name implies she knows about weather. ;)

Not really, I've just used the cheat before.lol