Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you rotate your camera in CAW?

I don't know how to rotate camera view in CAW. Could someone please tell me how?

Comments

• Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited October 2010
    Hold down the middle mouse button, like in the game.
  • Options
    buddywuddy21buddywuddy21 Posts: 702 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Oh, thanks! That's not how I rotate the camera in my game, so I never woulda thought of that. :D
  • Options
    ravynwytchravynwytch Posts: 5 New Member
    edited November 2011
    I don't have a middle mouse button. I use a trackball. Help?
  • Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited November 2011
    They still make trackballs? :shock:

Try the < and > keys. ;)
  • Options
    MienjaMienja Posts: 4 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Docsprock wrote:
    They still make trackballs? :shock:

Try the < and > keys. ;)

Yea, they do still make them. Having arthritis in my hands and being a graphic artist...I had to find a solution, I can't do repetitive mouse movement It was causing nerve damage. SO I hunted and found a trackball that had multi-functionality and didn't require my thumb to work the ball. http://images.ldlc.com/photos/00/00/38/55/ME0000385598_2.jpg That's the one I use, by Kennsington. They make a slim model now, the one I have is no longer made. HOWEVER...IF you do manage to find one....the new Kennsington mouse driver software ...sucks... so I found a wonderful alternative that is for multi-button mice, called X-Mouse Button Control found here:
    http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMouseButtonControl.htm

As with anything, only use the mouse program after you read all the features and requirements. It is a great tool for me. I can customize any program to work with the 10+ buttons on my mouse. Thanks for the camera pivot info, was driving me nuts! Now I programmed a mouse button to do my middle mouse click since I dont have a middle mouse click that is easy to hit when I'm working fast. The wheel on my mouse is fine for scrolling but, it's click function is in a clunky position. So I set that click to one of the other buttons :D
    The model I have originally cost 200$ US retail and it's too bad they don't make it any more. This one has lasted a long time so far.
  • Options
    lizard_doozerlizard_doozer Posts: 4
    edited July 2014
    I have a laptop, no separate mouse, so how do I do it?
  • Options
    Victoria1966_Victoria1966_ Posts: 1 New Member
    Same as lizard doozer. All I have is a laptop and it goes side to side but not around
  • Options
    SeriphinaFyieSeriphinaFyie Posts: 3,506 Member
    If you don't have a mouse apart from the touchpad on a laptop, you can use the < and > keys to rotate in CAW.

For ease of use, I'd still recommend getting a mouse, even a basic wireless.