Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Famous Impressions after all the info?

EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
So you've probably seen a bunch of info about the new EP coming next week, wether in livestreams, the trailer, simscamp etc.

Are you satisfied? Do you think what's included covers the Fame theme? Do you think this is enough new material for an EP?
You can elaborate in the comments if you the poll answers don't include what you wanna say.

MY OPINION BELOW
I personally found it lacking, from the world with not that many lots to things you could actually do besides acting. The award ceremony is disappointing and looks like a book signing. No red carpet, no talk show appearances, VIP lounge is super empty. What else is there besides acting at the studio? Seriously?
Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti

Get Famous Impressions after all the info? 188 votes

I'm satisfied. I think it's great and I'm buying it.
40%
honeypooh1267IcewolfIceyJdavidp0418BlkBarbiegalsillehbeeHowGreatThouArtColorist40PlayerSinger2010danacnbrettVibseSimpatsyannateKnamcruddsimgirl1010ferret9005DJQ1308cchant86robyngravesCeres_Meiriona 77 votes
It's alright. I'm getting it anyway.
25%
Akl500PicmnfrshGRIMMYKita5399alan650111aelias24imhappyIsb917Irdiwenalanmichael1CAF84Princess_07xJennyggcheesetruckFoxrox77BlueSeaWavesZeldaboy180littlemissgogoannaliese39Lexington1988 48 votes
Not satisfied. But I like some things in it (world,clothes, other)
18%
CK213KidVicious359Kolbyrudy8292alexspoom13keekee53Anmirlaxdawnxmarcel21gothprincess4evertaydevAceOfKnavesbixtersFrancl27bizuktagAinedoedearEliharbNoree_DoreeXavy_Cat 35 votes
Very dissatisfied. Seems very lacking and I won't be getting it.
6%
Writin_RegSchantalc_ferriscece15624MoonfoxNightcrywormstache999SavvySimmiexxnearlyperfectxlyraHimynameisNorthDakotaGamerRnM92agustd 13 votes
Other
7%
GoldmoldarLaBlue0314SimmervilleN0NoTToN0NClassicalSimFRENZIIfullspiralTrashmagicsillyangel0906BreazonacalaprfyPlainevilmicheleiCommaSplicehermionia 15 votes

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited November 2018
    Other
    I'm not paying to much attention to this pack very much. Yes, I will eventually get it, but it's not high on my priority list. If EA had added an actual singing profession/career I would have been more interested.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm satisfied because you're not just limited to a few performing type careers to acquire Fame. My writers, painters and athletes can all become famous if they (I) choose. I'm also interested in how the Reputation system plays out and if it makes a difference in how Sims are treated by others. If I give Don Lothario the bad reputation he deserves, will women steer clear of him?
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    This is gonna make me happy!
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I think it will be fun for a bit, but I’ll probably rarely use it once the new wears off. I don’t want to only play celebrities all the time.. I can see myself using the build/buy & CAS a lot though.
  • ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    I'm super excited tbh. I really wasn't interested at first but now I really want it because it seems like it's going to add a lot of fun, and most importantly, storytelling possibilities into my game.
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    At first I wasn't going to get it. Now that I know we are getting a career via patch kinda related to the game, that made it more interesting to me. I am also wondering what's going to be included in CAS.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited November 2018
    Personally I feel there's a lot to offer and will continue to as we get new packs like the club feature has.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
    I was disappointed as usual with all of the game changer videos and the trailers. It looked so empty and boring, like oh boy a tiny world and a single career. But after the trailer released today and a few tweets about gaining fame for whatever you want, I'm pretty excited. It looked severely lacking in content but all of the fame possibilities seem like it'll open up the gameplay so much.

Why are they so bad at marketing? The trailers for Get Together looked SO BAD, but it ended up being one of the best packs IMO for all of the creative possibilities and storytelling.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited November 2018
    I feel like the pack is lacking a lot when it comes to CAS and the world is very small, with ugly houses, even though it has beautiful backdrops...so those are negaitves.

And I honestly don't really care for the acting career, it's boring, it's the same system they used for GTW's active careers but you seem to have even less stuff to do.....You just see your sim doing animations and that's it, it's really boring and they didn't even bother to add green screen props, or motion capturing, or doubles for doing stunts, etc, there's a sword fight animation I guess but that's it, no jumping from props or being lift by ropes etc. I'm saddened by the fact that it isn't all that great and I can see it being even more repetitive than the GTW careers, since in those you actually have to discover things with the suspects or the diseases or craft new tech and potions, here you just animate and wait for other sims to do stuff to you.

Also not very fond of the recycled woohoo animations, really lazy on Maxis's part.

What I'm looking foward with this EP are the new freelancer job opportunities, the mixing table to make records, the video recording station and the fame and reputation system and how it works with a multitude of interactions from other packs and careers. Because of the system itself, which I do like how it works, I think I'll buy it.

I also like how this pack expands on the wealthy lifestyle and gives us new ways to spend money and even interact with it, by showing it off in lavish ways.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    It looks great! I love a lot of the new cas and build mode stuff, and the new careers look like fun. The fame system sounds really cool, especially since it looks like there’s no “I had a vision of you woohooing a supernatural, everyone you know thinks less of you.”
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    What I have seen looks like lackluster in the gameplay features.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I like a lot of things about it, like the clothes and objects and world. I wanted to vote for "It's alright" but can't for two reasons: it should be sold as a game pack and both the Fame and Reputation systems are lacking in customisation.

I mean I'm still excited for it ? But I know I won't be satisfied.

It's especially worrying when they show the trailblazer perk in the trailer. I don't want so many other sims to dress like my famous sim, whose idea was that. And yet you have to have this perk in order to get to that "start your own brand" perk. Eh.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Other
    I can wait for a sale on it for sure. I'm far more excited about the patch content than the EP. And I don't play the game enough anymore to pay full price for anything it puts out.

I don't like pets, and I don't like seasons either. I was better off without either one.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Well it's not like I'm not going to buy it (I'll buy every pack eventually to complete the collection anyway) however, there's plenty of things I can do with it, and plenty that I still can't. It has its many ups and downs and I'll most likely keep interest in it for a few weeks, especially playing with the whole Fame system (and CAS items), and then it'll just fade away like every new pack that comes my way (except Vampires, I can't get bored of them). I don't think I'd care so much about anything else though in the pack, really. Acting never really was my style of playing and while I'm sure there's lots of new B/B objects to play with, the tiny insignificant world more than adds up to my disappointments in GF. And I thought it could've been my new favorite world.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I just saw a video of the Build/Buy items and I really like the Mid-Century items. They will go great with the latest home I'm building. I especially love the front door with the three windows in the middle. I'd love to have that on a real life home when I buy one.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    honestly surpassed my expectations (sans the world, wish it had more lots), there's just so much they added here that I'm genuinely excited to use and play with. For how specific this pack is, I love how it added quite a lot of normal/casual game play, I'm really curious to see how the reputation works in full form, specifically for non celebrity sims. Honestly, when this pack was first announced I decided I was going to wait for a sale to get it, but after seeing everything I might just have to buy it full price!
  • AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    Which isn't to say I won't buy it, definitely not on release day. I think the charm of 'celebrity' will wear off rather quickly with me, since playing it in 3 hardly left a lasting impression. But I like the social media aspect mostly, and it'll be even more interesting with the new FP & terrain tool update. However, it's just kind of limited to me and I heard the world itself is going to be on the small side. I'm looking forward to the updates more than usual, and it feels odd actually, lol.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I pre-purchased, and I feel better about it now than I did when the first info came out and DSV was so small. But I do wish I had the restraint to wait for a sale.
  • DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    edited November 2018
    The team did a great job with the overall aesthetics of the world, so give them a round of applause.
    But my concerns range from

> Few lot choices. We could have had apartments added and more buildings in The Pinnacles.
    > Lack of careers. Where is the band, professional singing/pop star/ rockstar career, modelling career, fashion designer/sewing-oriented career to really make the CAS an intricate and engrossing experience?

I'm getting it for the fashion and fame system. Also, I hope those paparazzi are out in their numbers and not scarce and need modding to swarm my celebrity Sims.

tenor.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited November 2018
    Eliharb wrote: »
    So you've probably seen a bunch of info about the new EP coming next week, wether in livestreams, the trailer, simscamp etc.

Are you satisfied? Do you think what's included covers the Fame theme? Do you think this is enough new material for an EP?
    You can elaborate in the comments if you the poll answers don't include what you wanna say.

MY OPINION BELOW
    I personally found it lacking, from the world with not that many lots to things you could actually do besides acting. The award ceremony is disappointing and looks like a book signing. No red carpet, no talk show appearances, VIP lounge is super empty. What else is there besides acting at the studio? Seriously?

Satisfied and we get more info Tomorrow on Del Sol Valley and Buy Build in the Livestream.

Without the studio there is plenty

Getting famous from Music,Singing and Youtubing

The Objects

Pond,Money Vault,Pod Bed,Golden Objects,The Beautiful New World though it's small and opportunities like being asked from another sim if they can set you up on a blind date and job opportunities starting you at level 5. If you get tired of being bugged by sims if your famous you can wear a disquise and you won t have to worry about it.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Considering it is a theme I'm not interested in, I quite like it. Have to see how the fame system actually works out, but atm I'm somewhere between the first and second poll option.
  • KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    edited November 2018
    Apart from the small world I'm really looking forward to the release date more and more the more information I get.

I have always wanted the opportunity to play with celebrities and the way they desgined the fame system inspires me a lot. And I'm also convinced that the reputation system will enhance gameplay in general, even beyond the fame system. Furthermore, there are so many little details - like the fan mail (and the "fan" mail :D ), special holidays, personalized autographs - that make the pack feel really fleshed out. I love how everyone can be famous and that fame isn't restricted to only one career. That's why I'm not sad that they only added one new career. With this pack playing even the old careers will feel fresh again.

I have already so many ideas on how to play with it:
    Of course, I'll have some sims that will be famous actors, musicians, comedians or painters. (Slightly off-topic: My Audrey Hepburn will be a famous style influencer. I think that'll suit her.) But I'm also planning to build a kind of Dolby Theatre for their award ceremonies. And I want a sim to become a collector of autographs and sell these autographs in a souvenir shop in Del Sol Valley. Furthermore another sim will open a kind of Planet Hollywood restaurant or cafe in Del Sol Valley and decorate it with the new fame related stuff we'll get with the pack.

I can't wait anymore!
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited November 2018
    I'm not really interested in celebrities, so I wouldn't use it much. I'll probably also not use acting more than once. I do like the addition of celebrities though bc they add a social class and sense of reward for achieving something.

The new snobby things like the money vault, woohooing in money, flaunting money etc is fun.

I loooove the build/buy and clothes. I'd probably use these a lot. The world is very pretty but doesn't have enough lots. I like the atmosphere though so I can see myself using this world enough.

All in all though, there is barely any gameplay for me when I'm not playing a celeb. For this reason, it isn't worth it to me. From what I'd actually be using, it's basically a stuff pack with a world for $40.

I might get it eventually though if I'm satisfied with the sims themselves. I don't want to buy more DLC if I don't enjoy the core, because if they never fix the core, I'll never truly enjoy the game, no matter how much DLC I have.
  • meenakshimeenakshi Posts: 46 Member
    not buying this pack but it has some cool stuff.
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    Not getting this one. Looks boring. I think it could have been a game pack, for what it adds to the game. It’s just not my style and the fame thing just doesn’t appeal to me. Glad other people are excited for it though.