Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Injuries in the Sims 4, Yay or Neigh?

LanieBorneLanieBorne Posts: 74 Member
I was wondering, is it just me who wants EA to allow sims to have the ability to injure themselves? I know alot of people wont want this. However, I think this would add to way more realistic gameplay. It could also add new deaths, which I am never opposed to. I just think The Sims 4 is a little too safe...

Comments

• SassycottonSassycotton Posts: 438 Member
    I would like that as well
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Depends on what injuries but it could be fun.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I wouldn't mind a few things like broken arms and legs. It might be suitable if our sims could ever skateboard and stuff.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,392 Member
    I’m open to the idea, they could lead to scars with time. I’m glad though they are adding scars in the next patch. When I was younger I did something pretty dumb and ended with a scar, cant wait to use them on my sim
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    🐎 🐎 🐎
    Neeiighhh
    aSE16f8.gif
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    depends on how frequent they are and how much of a nuisance they become, because the developers tend to get carried away with things like this
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    It's an interesting concept, but I'm wondering just how buggy it would get, especially with multiple possible injuries. Also, they would either have to program it to randomly happen, happen in work (rabbit hole interactions), or tied as a risk to specific objects (climbing wall, crafting table, etc.). I think if they made it random, it would be kind of interesting but VERY annoying if you're not interested in that type of gameplay. If to do with jobs, it might feel unsatisfying, as your sim would just "end up" injured and come home like normal. If attached to objects, players might feel exploring new items is too risky. Maybe if there was a way to enable/disable it?
    Maybe it could be like Rescue 911 or something like that.
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    The injuries that already exist, like electrocution or your sim hitting themselves with a hammer while repairing something is sufficient for me.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2018
    I really liked the injuries in The Sims Medieval, maybe they could play that and see how fun those were. Had to go buy salve, or see a doctor, from being mugged out on the road to the village, and or while hunting bear etc. Or during a duel. Those were great buffs, great animations, and great consequences. ETA: We already have Sims who get in some fights (rare) why not have one of them get a black eye or a sprained arm etc.? That is worth a trip to the hospital to see those fake doctors and but I would prefer they have to go to a store to buy the cream or something instead of using the handy dandy pc.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited November 2018
    I regret EP05 Seasons didn't add injures, the sims often fall in Winter.
    It also missed the patients with broken arm or leg in EP01 Get To Work.

They never lose a tooth or get a black eye when they fight.
  • LanieBorneLanieBorne Posts: 74 Member
    The injuries that already exist, like electrocution or your sim hitting themselves with a hammer while repairing something is sufficient for me.

I respect your opinion, however they dont show any lasting signs, you know?
    Yeah it needs to be more real
  • Iguess66Iguess66 Posts: 115 Member
    Yes. This game is way too rainbows and butterflies. It's almost stupid. Nothing dramatic ever happens unless you make it..
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,749 Member
    we need more injuries
    6adMCGP.gif
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,222 Member
    Yes, more injuries could be nice, as long as it's handled well and not excessive.
    image.png
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    edited November 2018
    The Uncomfortable moodlets from injuries should be pretty strong too, like stronger than the constant Happy moodlets. That would definitely add some realism.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Yes!

I want bunk beds, and I want children to be able to fall from them, and break an arm or leg.

Similar injuries could also come from trampolines and skateboarding.

Daring and danger stuff pack?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    yes I want this
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • AgentJuliaAgentJulia Posts: 77 Member
    I agree. I was playing as a doctor earlier this week and she had an emergency with a patient fainting in the hospital. She just approached him and asked him to get up and go with her which I thought was weird because he was one second, passed out on floor, and in the next moment ready to walk around normally. None of the sicknesses or ailments have any lasting effect unfortunately.
  • JurnéEndsJurnéEnds Posts: 59 Member
    oh well yay lol. I would love it in a small way but then I would really want them to be able to check into the hospital and not just drink a magic potion. Of course, I don't anything overly harmful...
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited November 2018
    If there would be gameplay attached to it: yes. I loved it when I discovered vampires actually leave a mark when they bite someone for instance, I’ve always missed that in 3 (to a point where I used Paint to add it in my story :mrgreen: ).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Sims are left or right handed. It would be fun if they could break either arm, but if they break the dominant one then they are temporarily more clumsy until the arm is healed.

If they break a leg they might need help getting up and down stairs until they heal, and maybe have a chance of not healing properly and getting a limp if they don't rest the leg enough.

I love the idea of bruises/cuts after a fight or fall that fade over a few days or lost teeth that are blacked out (at least until fixed in CAS dentistry).
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Unless hospitals are opened up to played Sims so they can be treated for these injuries I have no interest whatsoever I don't need my Sims ordering a cast on the computer.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Unless hospitals are opened up to played Sims so they can be treated for these injuries I have no interest whatsoever I don't need my Sims ordering a cast on the computer.

Good point.
    It should be like pregnancy, where you can take the sim to hospital.
    And if you don't have GTW, they just disappear for an hour or so.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif