Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Body shop crashes on launch

OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
The past 4 times I've tried to launch it crashes during the slider progress bar. Last time it worked OK was this past Sat when I used it as part of the 2 step process to copy sims from one neighborhood to another without corrupting things. Of the three done, only 2 show up in CAS, so am wondering whether the 3rd one was somehow corrupted, and then ruined body shop. Any ideas/suggestions?

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Try deleting your thumbnails in the files. That might have been one reason you lost one Sim in bodyshop. Those thumbnails sometimes don't show the right Sim, or not at all. They do get corrupted. Also delete your cigen cache.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    When you say thumbnails, I presume you mean the ones in Simpe? I didn't know they could be deleted. Where do I find the cigen cache? Yes, I'm making notes to be sure I get it right when away from here and in the mess on the other machine. There are about 5 or so sims from the old machine - my favorite 'gang' I'd play constantly in every neighborhood - that I'd like to bring over to UC. Am using the method given over at Scribal Goddess's topic on avoiding corruption.
    edited November 2018
    No, I don't mean inside SimPe. I mean the thumbnails and cache files inside the TS2UC Document files. Go to your documents, EA Games/TS2UC
    You will probably see a cigen package (cache files) near the bottom it's a good idea to delete those offen. Along with the Accessory cache, and you will see a file called Thumbnails open it and delete anything in there but especially CASthumnails package. The game regenerates all of these things every time you play. They all become corrupted and bloated if you use bodyshop or CAS often.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Good thing I asked! Thanks!
    edited November 2018
    Have done the suggested executions and BS still crashes as before. Saw a 'groups cache'. Should that be deleted as well? Something is very broken, and I have no idea what it is, let alone how to fix it.

Is there a way to reinstall 🐸🐸🐸🐸 without uninstall/reinstall the whole game?
    Yes, you can delete the group cache file. Try pulling your saved Sim folder that contains your saved Sims you have built in bodyshop and see if that stops the crashing. If that fails then it's time to pull your custom content. If you have been working on a lot of projects in bodyshop such as retextures and recolors you might think about moving the Projects file to desktop to speed up reloading.
    Thank you. Will start the deleting, moving & testing process as soon as I can. Am suspecting the root may be the file of the one sim that isn't showing up, but have no idea which of the 3 files it is.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Show by date and remove the last of them and maybe re-export the one that isn't showing up.