Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help with a build mode problem

Hi, I have this wall I can't get rid of. Does anyone know how to delete it? It's part of a roof wall.
11-07-18_5-50-19PM.png
11-07-18_5-50-11PM_1.png
11-07-18_5-50-04PM_1.png
I've tried the regular way to delete a wall with ctrl and I've also tried the sledge hammer tool, that just deletes that whole roof section. Please help?
giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited November 2018
    I'm going to bookmark this question because I'm curious about it as well.

I was thinking something you might do, at least until you figure out this problem, could you place an arch there using the move objects cheats, and maybe some of the larger windows (windows might not even need the cheats, but I'm not sure). on that wall to allow the light to come through.
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Are you still unable to remove it even after it removes the roof? Maybe you need to remove the roof, delete the wall, and then just put the roof back, if that's possible?
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    That wall goes away when I delete the roof, but I want to keep the roof there. I think it would make a really cool looking area for plants and such as well as all the light that would come in.
    giphy.gif

• x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    If you try to paint the wall one tile at a time, does it recolor the whole thing?

I remember having this problem trying to recreate my irl house.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited November 2018
    I just thought about something that might work. Don't delete the wall, but click on it, there should be a choice to make the wall invisible or something like that. It will work the same as far as letting the light through.
    I cannot click on the wall. It's like the game doesn't know it's there. It won't light up yellow for the sledgehammer tool either. & @x_alwaysThe
    Yep, whole wall gets painted not just 1 tile.
    giphy.gif

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    Have your tried clicking on the room?
    Have you tried putting another wall on that wall?
  • adniram00adniram00 Posts: 167 Member
    I believe it's attached to the roof. If you change your roof style and stretch out the eaves maybe that will work. Also you could try deleting the roof, build a wall there then replace the roof. Then delete the wall. Definitely post if ya get this right. Good luck!!
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    If it’s part of the roof you may not be able to remove it. Could you improvise with a archway, so that is open?
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I believe @adniram00 has the right idea. In order for that part of the roof to disappear, it needs to be up against the wall of a room. It looks like the entire upper section there is one room. Try putting a wall where the roof section ends to create a separate room for that roof piece. Then click on the floor to select the room and click on the wall you want to remove.

It should give you an option to 'remove wall.' It'll still be a 'room' but the wall will be invisible now. After you've done that, try putting the glassed roof piece back on that 'room' and the wall piece on the roof should now disappear.

I'm not in my game at the moment or I'd test it out myself, but I believe that's how you'd get that wall to disappear. Good luck, I hope you're able to figure it out. :)
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,323 Member
    JC1979 wrote: »
    If it’s part of the roof you may not be able to remove it. Could you improvise with a archway, so that is open?
    Yeah, it’s part of the roof it can’t be removed. IIRC correctly it was possible in TS3 and when I tried to do it in TS4, it wouldn’t work, it’s considered part of the roof

Thanks for the ideas, but nothing worked. :'(
    It's impossible to delete it since is part of the roof. I guess I'll just add an archway or windows as @LaBlue0314 and @JC1979 suggested
    giphy.gif

• SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    If its part of the roof piece, it is considered part of the roof and cant be removed. Try to incorporate it into the design.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    @SarahsShady Is this what you are wanting?
    To do this, I deleted the common blue wall (you have discovered that you can't delete the roof wall).
    Then I added the doorways.
    To add flooring or wall paper/color, you must go "through" the sloping glass to add them.
    Your sim probably will only be able to walk into that slope by one tile, if at all.

I hope this helps.

43968593710_3dcafca2d7_b.jpg
    Thanks @Dannydanbo I really like your design in the photo. I do still wish I could just delete the wall though lol
    giphy.gif

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Thanks @Dannydanbo I really like your design in the photo. I do still wish I could just delete the wall though lol

So do I. I have the same issue with the walls under stairs. I want to delete the rear wall to allow for a basement stair but if you delete it, then all are deleted and the sides are open to the basement which I do not want. Maybe it's on their list.