Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When in Buy Mode...

emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
...Which tab do you click on (prefer) to find all the items for the home? :blush:

I must know! :p

For me, it's always always Sort By Function! :)
52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg

When in Buy Mode... 63 votes

Sort By Room
34%
GraceyManorcchant86KATENESScwaddell60smusicluvrTadOlsonMiguelDiogoxxnearlyperfectxjordandEricasFreePlayShira3000GoulsquashMcToshcomicsforlifeTeslachick2SummerRoxyReggiejoehamillHayleeSimsBishybriCreampuffcat 22 votes
Sort By Function
65%
nickibitswardsuzsesJessa_DakkarPuddinroyAmphoraCororonemorrillJoAnne65jillbgSimplyJenamaresityGabbyGirlJlisasc360Rsandamw1525CravenLestatAntiSocialSim72Bettyboop55SindocatBridgetKV 41 votes

Comments

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    Sort By Function
    I use "Sort by function" but I have also used sort by room on occasion as well... :)
  • BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    Sort By Function
    I find that it's easier to find what I'm looking for. c:
  • AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    edited November 2018
    Sort By Function
    Function.

Pretty sure that’s how Buy Mode was in Sims 2 so I stuck with it since that’s what I was familiar with.

Also on a different subject I love the siggy, @emorrill. Porthos and Archer! My sister and I loved watching Enterprise when it was on :mrgreen:
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    Sort By Room
    depends what i'm doing or what i'm wanting. i mean for basic things, like if the house is empty and i'm building the basics room by room then sort by room. i'll put the fridge, counters etc all together.

but when it comes to decorating and more intricate building or thinking of ideas of how to spruce the place up a bit then i sort by function, because it's easier to say.. click wall lights instead of ceiling lights etc
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Sort By Function
    This just works best for me.
  • whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    Sort By Function
    I have an interesting system where I usually use sort by function, but when I go through to decorate each room, I leave the sort by function decoration tab open and use the sort by room categories if I need to add in chairs, etc, so the game doesn't have to keep loading different categories. Also, using sort by room for bathrooms and kitchens is way easier to find all the appliances, etc. you need.
  • MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    edited November 2018
    Your poll needs another option. How I sort items depends entirely on what I'm doing and what I'm looking for.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Sort By Function
    Sort by function,been using it so long that "Sort by room" feels like learning a new language.So used to using the puppy paw symbol to buy my bird cages pet beds and stuff.

ILU Sort By Function <3
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    Sort By Function
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    I use "Sort by function" but I have also used sort by room on occasion as well... :)

I should also add that sometimes if I can't find what I'm looking for in either tabs, then I take to using the collection folders if I know what EP the item came with... :)
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    Sort By Function
    Because buydebug. :tongue:
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Sort By Function
    Function, almost always. Within a category (Misc. Decor is notoriously huge) I may also sort by EP, when I know which the item I want shipped with.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @emorrill I do all kinds of things so can't pick one or the other. I also make collections of things I use a lot so I use collection files as well. :)
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited November 2018
    Sort By Room
    I find sorting by room makes things easier to find unless it's a Miscellaneous item.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    Sort By Room
    Sort by room
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Sort By Function
    I default to sort by function. But for kitchen appliances and laundry I use sort by room since there are more granular options.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Sort By Function
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @emorrill I do all kinds of things so can't pick one or the other. I also make collections of things I use a lot so I use collection files as well. :)

I thought of adding "use collections folder" as a third option. :p But oh well...
    Sort By Function
    Amphora wrote: »

Also on a different subject I love the siggy, @emorrill. Porthos and Archer! My sister and I loved watching Enterprise when it was on :mrgreen:

Thanks @Amphora :blush:

Archer. :love:
    That Scott Bakula is one of the hottest men alive... imo. :p

And Beagles are just the cutest dogs ever!! <3
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Sort By Room
    I use both though sort by room is how buy mode loads when you switch to it.I just use whichever mode I need to get the item I want placed on the lot.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Sort By Function
    Are we supposed to be factoring in or spacing out?
    What will you do with this categorization really? :tongue:
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I couldn't really choose either answer, as I use both about equally. It depends on what I'm doing. If I'm furnishing a house, I'll use sort by room, because it's the simplest way to go from one item to another for the same room. But at other times, it's easier to sort by function.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I use both, but Function mostly. Some objects don't show in the catalogue under function, but show by room, and vice versa
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Sort By Function
    @Pary I mostly search under function, but what do you mean by objects not showing in both? :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I can't remember now what it was, and I don't have my game open, but I was looking for an item once ( I think it was a light ) and I couldn't for the life of me find it in the Function sort, but I switched to the by room tab instead, and I found it once I switched.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    Sort By Function
    Pary wrote: »
    I can't remember now what it was, and I don't have my game open, but I was looking for an item once ( I think it was a light ) and I couldn't for the life of me find it in the Function sort, but I switched to the by room tab instead, and I found it once I switched.

You know I've had that happen too, only vice versa.

I couldn't find what I was looking for in the Sort by Room tab, so I went to Sort by Function and found it. ;)

And as it was mentioned earlier ( @CravenLestat ? ) , the sort by Function was in the Sims 2 and I was a die hard fan of that game so when the sort by Room came out with Sims 3, it was too foreign to me so I never used it. :p
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited November 2018
    Sort By Room
    Pary wrote: »
    I use both, but Function mostly. Some objects don't show in the catalogue under function, but show by room, and vice versa
    ^^^^^

Although I tend to use "by room" first, I almost always get lighting, decorating items, baby stuff and fun stuff "by function".