Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you feel about the new feature?

Comments

• 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Meh
    CK213 wrote: »
    I do remember replying to a conversation on VR and The Sims.
    God Mode!
    I toggle God Mode and put on my VR goggles.

I have a special interface that lets me walk among my simmies interacting with the world and my sims.
    I can be God, or an angel, or something... devious.

I would prefer the game to be a third person game, but it would be fun if it was an extra feature to play as a sim or something more divine or supernatural.

While I woudn't mind injecting myself in the game to see the world from their perspective, I think I want more control.
    But jumping into their bodies still feels weird to me. I would probably like this if I made sim-selves and played myself in the world, but I don't do that. I make characters and they are separate from myself.

I do enjoy using camera mode.
    I use it a lot for taking pictures and observing my sims and their environments. I will have to try this as I am not sure if it will entertain me, frustrate me, or just weird me out.

I will certainly use it to experience my house builds.
    I will know for sure after trying it. If I find myself switching to first person mode often, then it's useful.
    It is interesting that you can also play from this perspective, but I think motion sickness is going to be a big problem.

Idk if I said it here or in another thread but to me FP view is to pretend I am the character. I don't want to be my sims, it's just too strange for me and I feel even more so after seeing what many people with mods want use this for.

I prefer to be the controller is my sims, not a sim. I might use it to see my decor or something but I doubt I'll use it much.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Love it. Will use it sometimes
    I can walk through builds and easily see everything I put there. Only roofs will be ugly to look at. It's more interesting to sometimes change angle and look around. I can also make one character I'm playing only from FPP.
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    Meh
    I'm not going to use this feature so it's not a big deal to me.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Neutral
    Duende wrote: »
    I'm happy for all those who certainly will enjoy this feature, really. That's why I'm ushering you out before I go on—okay loves, enjoy your first person gaming. ^ _ ^'
    tenor.gif
    "We want a first-person gaming feature!". . . now who really said that?
    tenor.gif?itemid=8227860
    I woke up and brushed my teeth and looked myself in the mirror asking Who?. I'm sitting here with my bowl of oats and still asking
    tenor.gif?itemid=4365353
    EA, you had one itty bitty job!
    tenor.gif?itemid=7075881
    But it's okay for the umteenth time. We can fix this, we're here on these forums to give you ideas since you seem to not be endowed in that department.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5371004
    Fans have been literally flooding the SimsVip site, Youtube comment sections and even voicing on these forums. A litany of MINOR requests ranging from; interactive babies, a modelling and an efficient fashion career, burglars, firefighters has been asked for by thousands of fans I daresay.
    tenor.gif?itemid=10682322
    But first person gaming?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5883733
    EA LISTEN, FOR 2019 YOU'RE GONNA GET IT RIGHT. Get your Communications department on the Youtube, Sims Forums and all the comment sections recording actual statistics of what people want. Then record a poll of what is mentioned the most and release accordingly.
    tenor.gif

.... Anyway, a dev did this in his free time without being asked to by EA or the head gurus and without taking resources away from other features that people have been whining about.

Some people are excited about this, but go off I guess.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    soko37 wrote: »
    I actually do like the feature and plan to use it sometimes, but I can also see how others don't like it or are disappointed with it.

Well, it's not even done properly. If they wanted to implement something like this they should take more time and mAke it work right or not include it at all. It looks horrible and underdeveloped.

And if they’d gone all out to make this a really fancy thing then people would be complaining even louder about what a waste of time it was. It’s obvious they can’t win.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Game changing. Will use it a lot
    Dianesims wrote: »
    It must be awkward when sims woohoo or when male sims pee standing....

OMG imagine when they kiss. CRINGE! :lol:
    giphy.gif
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    I don't think I'll use it all the time, especially when playing households with more than one sim. But it will be awesome for my single sims or when I want to experience something first hand, like a new build in one of my worlds or seeing my sim get proposed to by her boyfriend or something along those lines.
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    Hate it.
    I think it is the most plum thing to be made and I would love to know who asked for it. I suffer from motion sickness, I can't even get into a car without being ill so why would I want it in my game? The only good thing about it is I don't have to use it, this sort of thing should be for the VR only.
    I know there are people who are not going to like what I said but that is how I really feel. I don't know if it a mouse button or a keyboard button that lets you change the angle but I know either way I will be avoiding that button and hope I don't accidentally hit it! lol
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited November 2018
    Game changing. Will use it a lot
    I never really wanted it but, oh, the more I check the videos, it looks pretty awesome IMO. I'm soo excited!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Neutral
    I think it's really cool. I probably won't use it very much but who knows. I've seen people ask for this is in the past. I know there are simmers out there who will find uses for it. It's not wasted time in my opinion.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Neutral
    ManakoHime wrote: »
    I think it is the most plum thing to be made and I would love to know who asked for it. I suffer from motion sickness, I can't even get into a car without being ill so why would I want it in my game? The only good thing about it is I don't have to use it, this sort of thing should be for the VR only.
    I know there are people who are not going to like what I said but that is how I really feel. I don't know if it a mouse button or a keyboard button that lets you change the angle but I know either way I will be avoiding that button and hope I don't accidentally hit it! lol

I believe it's shift+tab, so as long as you don't hit them together you should be fine. :)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2018
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    I do remember replying to a conversation on VR and The Sims.
    God Mode!
    I toggle God Mode and put on my VR goggles.

I have a special interface that lets me walk among my simmies interacting with the world and my sims.
    I can be God, or an angel, or something... devious.

I would prefer the game to be a third person game, but it would be fun if it was an extra feature to play as a sim or something more divine or supernatural.

While I woudn't mind injecting myself in the game to see the world from their perspective, I think I want more control.
    But jumping into their bodies still feels weird to me. I would probably like this if I made sim-selves and played myself in the world, but I don't do that. I make characters and they are separate from myself.

I do enjoy using camera mode.
    I use it a lot for taking pictures and observing my sims and their environments. I will have to try this as I am not sure if it will entertain me, frustrate me, or just weird me out.

I will certainly use it to experience my house builds.
    I will know for sure after trying it. If I find myself switching to first person mode often, then it's useful.
    It is interesting that you can also play from this perspective, but I think motion sickness is going to be a big problem.

Idk if I said it here or in another thread but to me FP view is to pretend I am the character. I don't want to be my sims, it's just too strange for me and I feel even more so after seeing what many people with mods want use this for.

I prefer to be the controller is my sims, not a sim. I might use it to see my decor or something but I doubt I'll use it much.

The CEO of EA has indicated they will go with AR most likely with many of their games as VR really isn't doing as well - never mind the extra cost involved especially with pc. I guess they are seeing games with VR are very much losing popularity - but they may be push AR.

Freeplay they just added AR to in an upcoming patch - if you watched the first part of the live twitch yesterday - Firemonkies who make Freeplay showed what is coming for them. So I assume next Sims mobile will get it if it goes over well, and then maybe the Sims 4 - not that any of that matters much to me anyway - I don't do well with any kind of play but 3rd person anyway. All the rest makes me really ill but VR is the absolute worse as even my medication doesn't help that - so personally I am glad it's dying. At the electronics show this year I tried some of the best VR headsets out there and they were all awful - I was very ill with in seconds and the affect lasted all darn day after only trying each head set for mere second. I have nausea medication I take for Chemo and that did not even touch the nausea caused by VR. So VR is creating some bad issues in brains believe me - it is not good for us.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Princess_07xPrincess_07x Posts: 926 Member
    gonna use this feature for 🐸🐸🐸🐸 😂💀 jokes, I will prob never use this feature tbh!
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Neutral
    Iguess66 wrote: »
    Waste of dev time.

Agreed. Especially considering how many other things they could have added. They clearly can't add many of the most wanted features, or they don't care to.

This was done by an individual developer on his own time, basically to see if it could work. It's not like he was working on this instead of freeing the babies or developing a complex romance system. Maxis actually including this in the game encourages creativity in the rest of the team, with the knowledge that some of the things they might come up with could find their way into the game. It's a "small but fun" feature that's not for everyone, but for those who create video content or for the occasional screenshot from the Sim's point of view it's a nice feature.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    Neutral
    citysimmer wrote: »
    It'll be good for screenshots and I like the idea, but the game changers over hyped it way too much. I watched a video about a week ago saying the surprise feature was going to completely change the game and that we would love it which set the expectations too high. The SimGurus were better about it and told us not to get too excited. Kinda wish it had been advertised as a "small surprise no other sims game has had" or something. I'll use it only for screenshots, probably.

If you mainly create video content, as many of the Game Changers do, then it is a really big deal. I too will probably only use the feature for screenshots, but it's a nice little optional feature.
    Neutral
    Its not something that I will use very much but I'm not going to pout about it because I understand that there will be things that are released that won't appeal to me. Same with the terrain tools. I won't use them but rarely. But I'm happy for the Simmers who have wanted the tools from the beginning.

I'll use terrain tools more than this feature even if it's just to have buildings at separate foundation heights (if we get a Farming pack my cows won't have to climb stairs to get into the barn). But I'm not going to begrudge those who are excited about this feature and what it can mean for their content creation.

The lone developer who came up with this in his spare time wouldn't have the capability to #freethebabies or any of the other requests made by the community. It's just a extra little bonus that will make a segment of the community happy.
  • Hippie_SimmerHippie_Simmer Posts: 1,078 Member
    I think it will make for some hilarity. I'm looking forward to trying it out. I just watched a video where they tried it out. :lol:
    And though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. -Led Zeppelin
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

When I first looked at the feature I was like. hmm, do I like this or not? It's different and new for Sims to me anyway. Then after I saw the sim eating popcorn and picking up the toddler which was cute, in time I started think of how I'd use this feature. I think it will be cute for when my sims go out on dates, asking the bartender for a drink, when my sim is with their club, on vacation camping, or at El salvaradora up agaisnt one of the Skeletons. I think it will be fun while my sim is on stage acting or singing looking out at the audience and so much more.

So yes, I think it will be more fun once I play it myself. Thank you, SimguruGhost! <3
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I think players should from this day forward get to vote on what they get in a patch. I doubt this would have been one in the top ten of things people would like to see as a free update.

Are you kidding? This game has always needed first person. It needs to be improved, the current version sketchy, but it was definately needed.
  • summerfireflysummerfirefly Posts: 17 Member
    Neutral
    I'd never thought about wanting first person mode as an option, and just watching the video trailer of this bothers my eyes, so I doubt I will use it.
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    Meh
    The new feature is cool. But I'm not sure how I feel about it
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Neutral
    I think it’s a neat idea, but I had to look away from the stream because of motion sickness as well. :s
  • GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    Other... Comment.
    Part of me is on the side of "well if someone else likes it, great". while the other part is like "Did we need this? really? first person? is this gta where we get to cap Nancy Landgraab for looking at us the wrong way?"

I'm less than pleased, personally, don't think we need it and once the five seconds of fun wear off, pretty sure everyone less will see this as a pointless feature added in to replace something we actually NEED and WANT.

Not being rude, I know the team work tirelessly to bring us content whether we're happy or not, but this just feels like being kicked in the face by a really obnoxious Lama with a sign around it's neck saying "loves hugs and totes won't attack you, even though it probably will"

Excuse me for this but where are our phones we can place on the counter or wall? Where are the burglars and scandal that ruin our sims lives?

Where are the important things?!

Is a giggle more important now? Five minutes of "thats cool....I'm done now" than a good few years of enjoying the whole game?!
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Meh
    Tbh I thought it was a mod when I first saw the videos in my subscription box on YouTube. Not fussed about it. It'll be neat to play around with for a bit, and then I'll likely forget about it.
  • RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    I think it's a bit of fun and could be useful for interesting pictures or video. What I'm more annoyed (but not surprised) by is some of the comments the gurus have been getting about it just because they had their heart set on some feature from their personal wish list that didn't materialise when nothing was promised. It's like people are forgetting that we are getting both a career and terrain tools included in the same patch update. They listened, they made the tools and we don't have to purchase a pack to access them but somehow one person on the team made a quirky, funny feature and some people are throwing their toys out of the pram because of the list of things that they want in game. There are things that I would really like in the game as well but I don't expect them all to appear in one content patch.
    iscQh5U.png