Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issue with Detective Career and hot/cold outfits

A lot of the clues detectives get are clothing clues but with Sims now donning seasons hot/cold outfits - it is near impossible to find the Sim that matches the clues without going to all of them and asking to see their everyday outfit. Not sure this was thought about when seasons came out but would be nice if it could be tweaked somehow. Still issues with arrests not working either until do it two or three times.
I really just wish new packs/updates would not always break what I already paid for and was working fine - sigh.

Comments

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited November 2018
    Actually when I was playing the detective career I noticed a sim just looking around nervously. Nevvvver noticed before plus he was in his winter clothes. I did ask him to show me his outfit to see if he got the description, but there was lika two other sims that fit it too, but that animation of him looking around helped me to figure it out.

Ask to show outfit works nicely if sims are wearing a different outfit.
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited November 2018
    I noticed that too. I had two sims at a bar that fit the description (minus the clothing because of them wearing their summer wear) and the suspect started acting nervously and I knew then it was her. I also delete all the generated sims from my game so I know who's who. So when I see a new face they're usually the suspect lol.

I wouldn't see this as breaking necessarily as a sim should be in the proper outerwear depending on if it's too hot or too cold. It just makes finding the suspect a little bit more challenging which is a good thing if you ask me lol.

ETA: However when they are indoors I do expect sims to be back in their everyday wear which the game is having trouble with right now. So if let's say I have to find a suspect in a bar and they're still wearing their hot wear indoors that seems odd. They should have changed back into their everyday wear. Only accepetable to see the suspect in hot or cold outfits when the suspect is outside.

Also I did not know about the ask about outfit option @LadyKyn thanks for the tip. I will use it in my game next time I play.

"Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    AprilDawn wrote: »
    A lot of the clues detectives get are clothing clues but with Sims now donning seasons hot/cold outfits - it is near impossible to find the Sim that matches the clues without going to all of them and asking to see their everyday outfit. Not sure this was thought about when seasons came out but would be nice if it could be tweaked somehow. Still issues with arrests not working either until do it two or three times.
    I really just wish new packs/updates would not always break what I already paid for and was working fine - sigh.

It was already broken for the past two years, and this just made me not reinstall it. :/
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I noticed that too. I had two sims at a bar that fit the description (minus the clothing because of them wearing their summer wear) and the suspect started acting nervously and I knew then it was her. I also delete all the generated sims from my game so I know who's who. So when I see a new face they're usually the suspect lol.

I wouldn't see this as breaking necessarily as a sim should be in the proper outerwear depending on if it's too hot or too cold. It just makes finding the suspect a little bit more challenging which is a good thing if you ask me lol.

ETA: However when they are indoors I do expect sims to be back in their everyday wear which the game is having trouble with right now. So if let's say I have to find a suspect in a bar and they're still wearing their hot wear indoors that seems odd. They should have changed back into their everyday wear. Only accepetable to see the suspect in hot or cold outfits when the suspect is outside.

Also I did not know about the ask about outfit option @LadyKyn thanks for the tip. I will use it in my game next time I play.

No problem. In the detective career it does make things pretty useful when sims are in there hot or cold outfits, but I do agree it makes things pretty challenging and takes me at least another day or two in gathering even more information to try and narrow it down, but that nervous animation with the suspect is very telling. Never bothered to actually pay attention til like a week or so ago. :D

So, it's definitely not hard to find your suspect long as you pay attention to see if they do the nervous animation, so I don't really see it as being broken. Other than when sims might neglect at times to not change into their outfits inside, THOUGH I noticed for me it's only when there's not a thermostat inside, since if it's hot outside then it's warm inside if there's no thermostat. I like to add them into commercial lots.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    I tried the tip on asking them to change to their everyday outfit but they never do. The request simply disappears. However I have noticed that the guilty person is now the first person on the lot.

I always get the max number of clues (6 I think) and I focus on the trait.

What bothers me is that when I reached the rank of Chief nothing changed. I still have a chief boss and my work duties are still the same.

I wish they could alter the mechanics so that when you reach the top you could alter the tasks so you could customize your duties similiar to the way you can customize holidays and clubs. The code should be their already.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Bronwin2 wrote: »
    I tried the tip on asking them to change to their everyday outfit but they never do. The request simply disappears. However I have noticed that the guilty person is now the first person on the lot.

What bothers me is that when I reached the rank of Chief nothing changed. I still have a chief boss and my work duties are still the same.

I wish they could alter the mechanics so that when you reach the top you could alter the tasks so you could customize your duties similiar to the way you can customize holidays and clubs. The code should be their already.

Yeah, no follow through on what happens when you do reach the top. Half finished in my opinion.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Bronwin2 wrote: »

That bothers me as well. You would think as chief you wouldn't be doing the same things you were doing the whole time and the two chiefs thing I believe that's a known bug. what I do with my sim whos reached the chief level is send him to work without going with him.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".