Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What bugs me about the Sims 4 (PET PEEVES)

S1MSLYS1S__QARDS1MSLYS1S__QARD Posts: 206 Member
edited October 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Sims 4 (PET PEEVES)

- Not being able to take off snapping. Sometimes snapping hinders your build, as it doesn't match up with the rest of the design where it snaps. We should have the abilty to turn off snapping.
Snapping mainly hinders your build when adding columns when don't line up properly.
- Columns don't adjust height with different wall heights and they should.
- Sims walking away to do area to talk to another sim when the other sim has already moved to talked to you so your sim goes around in circles just to talk to one sim.
- No dog walker career option for teens or adults.
- That pets cant walk around in other worlds this need to be updated.
- Not being able to travel to active careers without your sim being in that active career
- No separate funds for each sim. I think funds should be divided by how much sims get separately. Except for the the money a new household start off with that it divided evenly, any money earned after is added individually.
- CAS swatches you can't see all them at the bottom of the page
- No quick keys to scroll through item menu in both CAS and buildmode
- Items from each pack not organized in menu properly they should first be organized by pack them by type etc.
- Why cant we add fish like koi fish to ponds we already have in game instead of ponds being decorative.
- Drums is the only instrumment missing to make a band they should be added in a update
89b4c22b524840de625a4ee8d7295435.jpg
- Objects slot sizes are unnessarily large that it makes it difficult to walk through places that you would normally be able to go or put objects by each other objects that would normally fit, they should make all objects slot sizes smaller.
The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4_20171114023146.jpg
- Clipping, if a object goes pass a wall it should automatically not be seen on the otherside.
- Not being able to put flooring down separately. This becomes a major problem when you want to delete certain part of a flooring but not all the flooring in the room and its hard to divide certainflooring into
rooms and register that room separately becuase it may still delete the whole flooring in some cases with basement its even harder for you to separate ( making you have to make multiple room just to separate it. When you do manae to separate it may just add back the ground floor when you delete the room instead of removing the flooring (it so frustrating)
- Wall trims and friezes should be added separated like fences instead of being snapped onto rooms because you may not frieze in a certain area sometimes friezes show up inside house where you dont want them, or dont add to certain areas that are not classed as room so make build look unfinished in certain areas
-No separated coats and jackets - sometime you want the jacket but not the top.
-Not being able to resize windows and mirror without a shadow, mainly mirrors.
- Different colours swatches for each objects that dont match. This makes it harder to match items together. Each item should come with a black and white for safety. new items should have colours swatches that match all existing items for both CAS and buildmode.
- No bag menu in accessories.
- No ladder or staircase system to save space in builds.
- Your sim can only own one lot.
- Not being able to take group photos in-game.
- Poses in CAS are random and not in chronological order.
-Not being able to add screenshots to the gallery of builds you made.
- No heterochromia eyes for sims ( which mean adults, teens, toddlers etc)
- Only having mum, dad, son, brother, sister in the entic choices menu. You should also have cousins, aunt,uncle and relative (refering to distant relatives Like your parents cousin child) As you may want to create a household where your family member lives with a distant relative.
- Not seeing neglected children again they should show up in the adoption menu.
- Not being able to specifically choose your own butler, maid, server,gardener, ranger etc
- Not being able to able to butler, maid, server, gerdener etc as rabbit hole jobs
- Not being able to duplicate worlds ( if we cant get open worlds then if think we should be able to duplicate worlds so they more space to put more sims in. Not everyone sims player is going to buy every expansion but they may want more worlds and their also could be a maximun amount of how many times you can duplicate worlds).
- No body hair or dimples we need more slots.
- No single doors that go up to wall height for each of the wall heights.
- Not all windows and doors have a equivalent set of windows and doors for each wall height. All doors and windows should have one for each wall height.
- When sofa don't have a matching loveseat and living chair
- Why only 8 in a household you should least be able to have 10 it really bugs me that it amount of household member is so close to 10.
- Not being able to build to the edge of the lot (Its piontless) we should be able to build to the edge of our lots
:):o:|
Post edited by S1MSLYS1S__QARD on

Comments

• QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Remember how sims used to be able to read a book in one sitting if their needs weren’t critical? Or how you could make them read skill books until they either leveled, or had to stop because of their needs? I miss that.
  • S1MSLYS1S__QARDS1MSLYS1S__QARD Posts: 206 Member
    edited October 2018
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    Remember how sims used to be able to read a book in one sitting if their needs weren’t critical? Or how you could make them read skill books until they either leveled, or had to stop because of their needs? I miss that.

The good old days ;)
    I feel with each update they removed elements of the game that made the game better and easier to use
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »

Ah this is one of my pet peeves as it used to be a thing when the game first came out.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited November 2018
    – I'm so over the waiters in my restaurants leaving to go for a jog. That bug needs to be fixed already.
    – Employees that don't show. Between this and the jogging waiter bug it's impossible to run a restaurant some days.
    – Grafting/splicing to create rare seeds/fruit/flowers rather than just buying them. That was so much more fun.

Building:
    – How hard it is to find matching tones/colors in building mode and furniture. Drives me nuts.
    – The fact that I can add almost nothing to decorative shelves without MOO. What's the point of having the shelves?
    – The fact that there are so many items that are not even used by/interacted with the Sims, and that have no function except decoration, that you can only place one per square. Very awkward when decorating/building. Looks clunky.
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member

[1] Not being able to ice skate on an actual pond. It's a neat activity in 3, and it was nice to see them bonding when done with a partner, friend or loved one.

[2] As I said in another thread, not being able to regain Tombstones when a Sim dies on another lot is... Disappointing. Especially when family is spread across the neighborhood. It's difficult to play ghosts or even add them unless they die specifically on your Sim's lot. I know 3 had a certain bug with Tombstones (I didn't think you could move out with a Tomb in your inventory, but I may be mistaken.) but if it can happen again - I'd gladly support it.

[3] The household funds are definitely a peeve of mine as well. I agree, divided money would be a plus.

[4] The bulldozer tool being only available in build mode when entering a lot (even vacant lots). I would like more control from the Manage Worlds menu itself.

[5] Sorry, I'm just completely over the 'really has to pee' walk. Made more ridiculous when your Sim is trying to get inside and not be struck by lightning.

[6] Can be just me, but the Location Aspiration could've been a trait instead.

[7] No pillows? I need my feather-y fluffiness.

I second what @QueenMercy stated, reading without interruption was the BEST thing. They stop reading for nearly the slightest thing now.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    In addition to the above, not being able to put fish you've caught into the fridge for later use. To have only 'mount' and 'name' for caught fish in inventory makes no sense.
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited November 2018
    In addition to the above, not being able to put fish you've caught into the fridge for later use. To have only 'mount' and 'name' for caught fish in inventory makes no sense.

I have put caught fish in the refrigerator for later use (to cook with). You just can't wait long before putting them in there, and they do spoil within a few sims days in the refrigerator, if memory serves. BUT.... if you sims love to fish, you can put them in the large fish tank and they last forever then, or until you need them to cook with. You will have to take them out of the tank and add them to the refrigerator (or personal inventory?) to cook with the fish, though, not straight from the tank. Same thing as with cooking with the fish - you have to put them away (into the tank or refrigerator) as soon as they get back from fishing, and after not too many hours after being caught. Experiment to figure out specifics. I also normally put 2-3 of the fish that will work well for bait (minnow, etc.) in the tank so they can take them with them next time they fish. :) Each tank can only hold either 5 or 6 fish, can't remember.
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    @SheriGR what a great suggestion for keeping bait. Never thought to keep them in the fish tanks. 👍
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    I use the Alt key (on Mac) to "float" objects when placing them, so that they don't snap to the grid. Works for most things, except on top of some drawers.

You can cook excellent food even with foul fish, funnily enough.

I find that reading is a little haphazard. Some Sims will finish their books/level up, while others are more easily distracted. Perhaps it's connected to their traits?

But I do agree about the colour mismatching which happens sometimes even within the same pack. I especially dislike that the D&C/Seasons dark brown doesn't seem to match anything else. Some windows/doors that are obviously from the same pack are not marked that way, so you don't see them when use the sort menu.

It's also annoying when outside greenery comes in through the wall/window, even if placed normally without MMO.

For the gravestone thing, I think there is a workaround: you need to change into one of the remaining Sims on that lot, put the gravestone into their inventory, travel to wherever you want the gravestone/ghost to be and then place it there. Of course, this assumes there were remaining Sims on the lot. I usually don't play with ageing on for all households, only for the active one, so I'm basically always around when a Sim dies.

I also agree about the object slot/box size sometimes being too large or not quite matching the object. Mostly it's the wardrobes and drawers that span two squares while being centred on them, which means you can't place them side by side. Unless you use moveobjects and then render them unusable. :s

Indeed, what is the point of all those shelves? I love the Selvadorada shelves, but you can only place things on the top ones of that set.

I would LOOOOOOOVE more compact stair options. It would be amazing for tiny house builds. Or even in some apartments!

My main pet peeve right now are all the incoming calls at all hours. It's especially annoying when you have a household of 4 or more Sims. Although, sometimes the person calling does ask you to come to a lot you can't normally travel to without taking a vacation, which can be nifty.

• invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    The constant phone calls and texts. The only time I want my Sims called is when the school needs to know how to deal with my Sim kid or teen. (I'm also okay with the death calls, but they should only apply to Sims with whom my Sims have at least a 'friend' relationship.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • madfishmongermadfishmonger Posts: 4 New Member
    LOAD
    ON
    PAUSE
    My game takes more than five minutes to load from one screen to another and I've had to reload games thanks to idiot vampires standing around in the sun and dying or something because I went to get a drink and came back to the game unpaused. How is this not a base game 1st edition beta option, nevermind the sensible default setting?

Children can't have unnatural hair. Really? They can be vampires, plantsims, ghosts and/or aliens, but they can't have pink hair like dad? It makes zero sense, please give children the hair.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    LOAD
    ON
    PAUSE
    My game takes more than five minutes to load from one screen to another and I've had to reload games thanks to plum vampires standing around in the sun and dying or something because I went to get a drink and came back to the game unpaused. How is this not a base game 1st edition beta option, nevermind the sensible default setting?

Children can't have unnatural hair. Really? They can be vampires, plantsims, ghosts and/or aliens, but they can't have pink hair like dad? It makes zero sense, please give children the hair.

That really bothers me too. Why can't I have a family (toddlers, children, and all) with natural pink hair if I wanted to? That doesn't make sense. Also why don't the babies have the option of all the skin tones available? Bugs me so much.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    LOAD
    ON
    PAUSE
    My game takes more than five minutes to load from one screen to another and I've had to reload games thanks to plum vampires standing around in the sun and dying or something because I went to get a drink and came back to the game unpaused. How is this not a base game 1st edition beta option, nevermind the sensible default setting?

That really bothers me too. Why can't I have a family (toddlers, children, and all) with natural pink hair if I wanted to? That doesn't make sense. Also why don't the babies have the option of all the skin tones available? Bugs me so much.

Babies don't use all of the skin tones because they're furniture. Someone didn't feel like making the swatches or programming them into the genetics of the game.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    - Emotions are way too fickle. Don't even think of fulfilling a whim that requires your sim to go to a different room, because by the time they get there, a random picture on the wall will have changed their outlook on life completely.
    - Owners of shops, hotels or vet clinics don't show up there when the lot is visited by another household, instead random sims will appear to work there. Totally breaks the immersion for me.
    - The hospital and police station aren't visible on the Magnolia Promenade map. Okay, they're not supposed to be ordinary public lots that anyone can visit anytime, but they could make this tiny world look a little more interesting by at least showing up on the map.
    - The Sylvan Glade Syndrome: Worlds are beautiful, but barely interactive. You know something is wrong when the most interesting thing you can find in the maze of a haunted castle is a bench to sit on.
    - Teens being (almost) indistinguishable from adults, both visually and gameplay-wise. And before anyone comes to lecture me on how real humans already reach their full height in their teen years and can do almost everything adults can: Save your breath, I know that! But what's the point of having another life stage before adulthood if they neither act nor even look different from the two that follow?
    - Stupidly oversized everyday objects. Yeah, I get it, any self-absorbed virtuoso might love to show off with that big-a$$ grand piano taking up half of the room, but there have always been smaller options for more modest sims in past games, so why not now? The existence of keyboards and upright pipe organs proves that it's possible.
    - Speaking of which, why are Piano and Pipe Organ two separate skills? I love the abduncance of skills, but that one just doesn't make any sense in a game that lumps woodworking together with electrical engineering, and let's not even begin to drag Logic into this...
    - Hidden skills. Why am I not allowed to see how good my sim is at skating?
    - Bee-keeping being relationship-based rather than a skill. I've been trying to befriend my bees for sim weeks, but the bar just won't fill up, and the thought of restarting from scratch if I ever have to replace that hive for some reason or the relationship falls victim to culling is driving me nuts.
    - Speaking of which, relationship culling. One of my main sims recently forgot her own parents!
    - The chore of finding matching furniture in build mode. The bar from Vampires doesn't even have a counter to go with it (or rather, it has one, which inexplicably comes in different colours). This annoyed me so much that I made a thread just to rant about it a few months ago.
    - Roofing, full stop. I made a thread about that, too...
    - The aforementioned inability to remove individual floor tiles. So unnecessarily restricting.
    - Last time I checked, swimwear didn't count as hot weather wear. That's just weird.
    - The fact that toddlers have more full-body winter outfits than adult females. Depending on your lifespan and season length settings, your toddler may not even experience winter before aging up, and there's not terribly much for them to do outside anyway, but sure, let's give them more clothing options than the ones who really need it.
    - Letting vampires use an umbrella for protection against the sun during the day was a nice idea, except that all vampires do it now - even those who are supposed to be immune to the sun.
    - The way all sims, regardless of traits and aspirations, are obsessed with certain objects, like computers. This extends to pets, you can't have a woohoo bush on the same home lot as a cat or dog because they will fight squirrels in it and get sick every day.
    - Speaking of which, cats are utterly boring.
    - If you tell a sim to cancel their current action, they'll still keep doing it for 10-20 sim minutes.
    - Despite this, the game often fails to register what you're doing, for example by not granting satisfaction points for fulfilling your sim's whim to run on the treadmill, even though you've been doing just that for the last 30 minutes.
    - No landline, not even as a decorative object? Seriously?
    - Not being able to collect insects anywhere other than Granite Falls makes the potions you can brew with them seem all the more important, but really, those potions are only useful for... going to Granite Falls. That's like a piece of paper saying "Turn me!" on both sides.
    - The clothesline can't be placed inside without cheats. Considering that Laundry Day came out the same year as Seasons, you'd think the developers might have foreseen the consequences of this, but they either didn't, or wanted to troll us on purpose.
    - Advancing in the secret agent career feels too easy. Even ignoring for a moment that anyone can easily become a Hollywood spy in this game, they should be adept at much more than just Logic and Charisma.
    - Related to the above, even without Get Famous, it seems like all my sims are Hollywood spies, astronauts, star comedians and other kinds of celebrities because there is no such thing as a simple teaching career, among other things. Why is the only available career somewhat related to education nothing but a part-time job for teenagers?
    - The weather machine can't make certain seasons or weather conditions last forever in its neighbourhood. I really, really wanted that eternal winter world...

Some of these pet peeves are not so petty after all.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I wish there was an option to turn off decoration moodlets.
    I wish there was an option to turn off decoration moodlets.

There’s a mod for it on mod the sims, if you’re okay mods. It’s not a script mod, so it probably won’t break after the patch.

Anyway, my current peeves are:
    My sim’s love for shoveling snow and making snow pals. The shoveling one because they’ll leave the home lot to do it, but not come back when their needs get low, leading them to get miserable if I don’t pay enough attention to them, and the snowpals because they almost never finish the stupid things.

I miss sims going through the front door when they get home from work instead of lurking on the sidewalk. It’s really embarrassing (for my sim and me) if they have a bladder failure right in front of their house.

My sims tend to get bored of trolling the forums and chatting on the computer really fast, which can be really annoying at times.

It could be a mod thing, but I had to use mccc to blacklist all types of livestreaming because they’d start, almost immediately stop, and start again repeatedly and the constant notifications annoyed me.
    edited November 2018
    I just remembered another pet peeve related to Seasons!
    NPC jogging around and getting blue from freezing.
    I even had one of my own Sims apparently taking a jog with the dog while I was playing another household. When I returned to the dog household, the owner was standing on the sidewalk outside his house, close to freezing to death.
    I mean, is there even cold weather proof jogging clothes?
    (ETA: And yes, in my Northern hemisphere country, people do jog even in cold weather, so it would seem like a natural option to me.)
    I miss sims going through the front door when they get home from work instead of lurking on the sidewalk. It’s really embarrassing (for my sim and me) if they have a bladder failure right in front of their house.
    This can also prove potentially lethal for vampires returning home during sunny hours.
    belpita wrote: »
    I just remembered another pet peeve related to Seasons!
    NPC jogging around and getting blue from freezing.
    I even had one of my own Sims apparently taking a jog with the dog while I was playing another household. When I returned to the dog household, the owner was standing on the sidewalk outside his house, close to freezing to death.
    I mean, is there even cold weather proof jogging clothes?
    (ETA: And yes, in my Northern hemisphere country, people do jog even in cold weather, so it would seem like a natural option to me.)
    This can also prove potentially lethal for vampires returning home during sunny hours.
    Yeah, I turned temperature effects off from the start, and when I decide to try it out a sim managed to freeze to death within a day. He was a jogger who’d stopped to play chess. :/
    One more reason why I didn't, and won't, get the pack. They can't get even simple things right. In TS2 when the weather gets cold, getting into cold weather gear is the default action before going outside, controlled sims or not. Non controlled sims do not suffer as they do in TS4. If any of them are your own, no harm done as they are right where you left them - snug and warm inside.
    One more reason why I didn't, and won't, get the pack. They can't get even simple things right. In TS2 when the weather gets cold, getting into cold weather gear is the default action before going outside, controlled sims or not. Non controlled sims do not suffer as they do in TS4. If any of them are your own, no harm done as they are right where you left them - snug and warm inside.

The main problem is that the jogging activity doesn't seem to come with a cold weather compatible outfit.
    What's-his-name-Flex (Marcus?) keeps running around in his shorts at all times. Funnily enough, I tried to get him to freeze to death by keeping him outside with my Sim, but he kept switching back from being freezing blue (without changing clothes). Not sure if that was a glitch or something that only happens to NPCs.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I found a new pet peeve with seasons. The snowball, mud and water balloon fights... 😥😖 Like why? Why is it so bad?... Can this be fixed?
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    belpita wrote: »

The main problem is that the jogging activity doesn't seem to come with a cold weather compatible outfit.
    What's-his-name-Flex (Marcus?) keeps running around in his shorts at all times. Funnily enough, I tried to get him to freeze to death by keeping him outside with my Sim, but he kept switching back from being freezing blue (without changing clothes). Not sure if that was a glitch or something that only happens to NPCs.

I could be mistaken, but wasn't there a patch to keep NPCs from freezing to death in their gym clothes and sweating to death in their bathing suits?
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
    Oh great they added even more CAS unlocks! I am beyond over having to unlock simple cosmetic items just because they want their players to feel a sense of “pride and accomplishment” or whatever.
    CAS unlocks? As for joggers freezing, in TS2 they simply appeared on one end of the screen, ran by, and then disappeared at the other end of the screen with no opportunity for freezing. As in uncontrollable sims don't freeze. A similar process happened when your own sim went jogging. As for the TS4 style of jogging, what passes for cold weather gear is quite joggable in. It's OK for autumn, but not for real winter.
  • livinglifeontheweblivinglifeontheweb Posts: 2 New Member
    All I can say now is.. I hate how expensive it was for me.