Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mystery patch feature guesses

Comments

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Found the stream! First person POV looks awesome!!!

Am I the only one who wants to know what happens when the sims woohoo and you’re in first person POV?
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    seriously? something about first-person camera how boring is that?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2018
    Attraction system
    taydev wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »
    Shira3000 wrote: »
    Disappointment!

What is it?

first person camera mode by pressing shift+tab

:/ Isn't this one of the least requested features ever? Maybe three people in the whole world wanted it. Geez, what a hyped up trip from game changers. :s
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Disappointment!

What is it?

:/ Isn't this one of the least requested features ever? Maybe three people in the whole world wanted it. Geez, what a hyped up trip for game changers.

They said it started out as a joke but then they decided to add it for real.

Completely agree with most people here though - Really disappointing. I'm surprised they wasted resources for this when there are hundred of things people are actually asking for.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Real babies
    Disappointment!

What is it?

:/ Isn't this one of the least requested features ever? Maybe three people in the whole world wanted it. Geez, what a hyped up trip for game changers.

well I'm not gonna take there word for it ever again
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Real babies
    Bruhh. I'm more angry about SimmerJonny who said ''you gonna loose you mind'', he hyped us as hell. And finally it's just this. lol.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Real babies
    Bruhh. I'm more angry about SimmerJonny who said ''you gonna loose you mind'', he hyped us as hell. And finally it's just this. lol.

I'm thinking he might have some angry followers now... :D
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    CAW

Yep. Unsubscribing.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited November 2018
    Real babies
    Yup the hype was unnecessary. They could've spend the time on something more than 3 people want.

I can't help but feeling first person view in a sims game kinda creepy. To me first person is to pretend you are the character and I don't want to pretend I'm a sim.
  • vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    CAW
    I feel lied to. This isn't a game changer and as for "this hasn't been done before", anyone remember the "Fish Eyes" cheat in The Sims 2?
    2UFyFUV.png

• taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    CAW
    Disappointment!

What is it?

:/ Isn't this one of the least requested features ever? Maybe three people in the whole world wanted it. Geez, what a hyped up trip from game changers. :s

yeah a disappointment for me as well. i wont use it especially due to motion sickness, but good for the simmers who wanted it.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    CAW
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    I have changed my vote from CAW. I have a feeling it will be something on the level of CAW but completely new to the franchise.

Well I was right!
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Real babies
    First person just makes the game's graphics look really bad. All those clipping objects and flat textures :s
  • NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    Swimable oceans
    I love the first person camera!! Its hilarious and looks super fun. Good job Gurus. :)
    Attraction system
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Yup the hype was unnecessary. They could've spend the time on something more than 3 people want.

I can't help but feeling first person view in a sims game kinda creepy. To me first person is to pretend you are the character and I don't want to pretend I'm a sim.

Getting you ready for TS5's MMO. :p
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    Color wheel
    I tried to watch the stream, but the first-person camera made me feel sick. So, it's not something I'm going to use, but there seemed to be a lot of happy people in the stream comments, so I'm happy for them.

Have to say, it doesn't sound like they really wasted resources on this - it was just one guy messing around, showing it to the other team members, then getting the go-ahead to polish it up himself. We haven't really lost out on anything by this being included.
  • SimsècretSimsècret Posts: 54 Member
    Improved personalities
    This is just really stupid. Game changing feature, ok they didn't lie.
    But it's a pretty lame feature. Not impressed at all!
  • teajayloveteajaylove Posts: 175 Member
    I am not disappointed at all. I can't wait to play with it!
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Attraction system
    vikixc wrote: »
    I feel lied to. This isn't a game changer and as for "this hasn't been done before", anyone remember the "Fish Eyes" cheat in The Sims 2?

The gurus said not to get overhyped about it. Be angry at the gamechangers for hyping it as much as they did.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Attraction system
    It's not what we asked for BUT it IS awesome, so not any complains from me. I'm excited for the patch :smile:
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
    edited November 2018
    Attraction system
    Disappointment!

What is it?

yeah a disappointment for me as well. i wont use it especially due to motion sickness, but good for the simmers who wanted it.

But there are over a million other people wanting something other than 1st person view more than one or two game changers.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Real babies
    06Bon06 wrote: »

Getting you ready for TS5's MMO. :p

Actually won't even try that one lol
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited November 2018
    Real babies
    Yeah, I'm not going to be using the first person view at all. And I'm a little mad they spent more than a weeks work on this. Not to mention the game was hella wonky on the stream, it was not running well at all.

I thought this was something else. Something about actual gameplay. The camera movement leaves me nauseated and The Sims has always been a 3rd person role playing game too, we're god playing with these tiny people, so I'm not into it much.

They said this feature was good for streamers and youtubers and machiminas, this is simply not for the players, and that bothers me a lot. I hope they don't start making features exclusively suited for these people....like, there are players who actually play the game, instead of staging a video.

I was hoping for something significant, small but that influenced sims lives. This is just.....oh well. I guess it was a joke feature they made....but seriously why even make those? As for the influencers hyping everyone up.....I'd be suprised if they didn't. They are under the EA mind control (and early access to gameplay too).
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Attraction system
    Disappointment!

What is it?

But there are over a million other people wanting something other than 1st person view more than one or two game changers.

So? This was created by a SimGuru as a joke and they liked it enough to add it in. What's the big deal? They said not to get overhyped. It isn't their fault the gamechangers did and everyone took their word for it.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    It reminds me of the set as head cheat - totally useless (to me) but also entertaining at the same time