Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the new blog post dropping some hints

So I was reading the new blog post when I noticed a few things that could be hinting at future content?

First of all there's this "She strolled into the kitchen, flipped on the coffee machine, and headed to the juicer to make her favorite concoction." as far as I know we don't have a juicer yet, and I haven't seen it come up in any of the get famous videos following sims camp.

The other thing in the blog that popped out to me was this "“If you don’t leave right now,” she yelled out the window. “I’m calling the police!”" which I also thought was weird because we don't have police NPCs yet. You could say that they did that just for the sake of the story, but in my mind they could have also easily not included that part.

What does everyone else think?
A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png

Comments

• x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Talking about juicer... it reminds me of one of Deli's twitters..

New NPC will be cool! If there's a police, then we should have the burglar too! :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    You do have some points...

I mean, story-wise we can always pretend we can do those things in our games, and many storytellers simulate the things we can't actually do all the time, and when mods are included they can actually provide pictures of it. But at the end of the day this is an official blog post, and as far as I'm aware I haven't heard any Game Changer mentioning juicers, and whatever info they seem to be hiding for the Maxis Monthly livestream I don't think will be juicers, because that doesn't sound like some game-breaking news. Calling the police on the other hand, well that involves introducing crime...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    Talking about juicer... it reminds me of one of Deli's twitters..

New NPC will be cool! If there's a police, then we should have the burglar too! :D

seeing that tweet just makes me internally go "oh honey"

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I think this is a reach.

Not nearly the biggest reach I've seen on here, but a reach nonetheless~
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'd really like it if we did get police NPCs back, but some people think it's just flavor text. Which sadly is common in these blogs :(
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited November 2018
    It's not that far of a reach really. The sims mobile has a juicer that was added in their waterfront update so it only makes sense for it to eventually make it's way into ts4 since most if not all of it's assets originally came from ts4. Hey it could be the "fun but small" feature that is being added.

As for the police well technically they are in game if you have gtw they just don't work like past games where you could call them but it is possible they are being patched in and will be the police we want.

It also may just be their writer having fun since if my memory is correct one of the gurus has said that their blog posts are just for fun and only serve to tell a story and shouldn't be taken too seriously.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited November 2018
    The police one, maybe. I would love it if burglars and police NPCs would come back. I'd also love it, if they do, that when I do set a curfew, police men will pick my daughter up and bring her home xD I know some people didn't like that but with the ability to set a curfew (or not) they could technically bring it back for those that did :)
  • XoxNicolexoXXoxNicolexoX Posts: 119 Member
    Theres a youtuber that went to Sims Camp, who mentioned on his video, that there is something worth getting hyped for that they haven't announced any news for yet. That will be getting patched in on the 6th, its pretty big as well apparently.
    rsz_simsgurunicole.png
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    In one of the EP blogs for Seasons there were multiple things people considered hints or new infos, but one Guru said they simply tell stories with their blog posts, so it's not supposed to inform you about new things :neutral:

I do think it's misleading to talk about things that aren't in the game, but just wanted to throw in this info here.
    (Though new NPCs like police would be really great.)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Can Sims even yell out a window? I have been wanting open windows and breeze through open windows for eighteen years. And even better a Sim sticking their head out an open window sort of animations is something I hope the game will get one day...maybe in the year 2525.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Can Sims even yell out a window? I have been wanting open windows and breeze through open windows for eighteen years. And even better a Sim sticking their head out an open window sort of animations is something I hope the game will get one day...maybe in the year 2525.

lol... I like this song... "In the Year 2525" by Zager and Evans.

The window animation seems interesting.. It will work well with the Seasons.. and it gives the burglar an option on how to break in too... :D On the other hand, it will be so tiring to lock all the windows.. :(
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Opened widowns would be great but it has already been said that it will never happen since every window is made differently they would have to make animations for each one. To much work and not enough pay off.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2018
    Too bad the Guru indicates it's just made up storytelling and not hints.

In games we shouldn't have to make up the story if the game cannot show the story we might as well forego the game and just write a storybook.

I don't get this pointless storytelling that cannot be done in the game. It gives too many players false ideas and hopes and is unfair. If not in the game it shouldn't be in the story. It's rather untruthful and misleading.

I don't want to see fake apartments, fake juicers and windows open that do not do these things in the game in a storyline for this game. If it's in the story for a game it needs to be in the game for all to use - not in just one players imagination. It's also why players get so mad when they stage things in the game that really can't be done too. We are not 5 - Guru's - keep that in mind and we are paying customers who expect to get what we are lead to believe is in the game. Truth in advertising you know. We should get what we are indicated we are paying for - not fairy tales.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    Just posting an addition, I saw another post on the forums somewhere (unfortunately can't find it anymore) but it showed some thumbnails someone dug up from in the game somehow and I think one of those things was a burglar alarm or something?

VentusMatt wrote: »
    Opened widowns would be great but it has already been said that it will never happen since every window is made differently they would have to make animations for each one. To much work and not enough pay off.

They wouldn't have to add this animation to every window in game, just a particular set. :)
    xamira99 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

lol... I like this song... "In the Year 2525" by Zager and Evans.

The window animation seems interesting.. It will work well with the Seasons.. and it gives the burglar an option on how to break in too... :D On the other hand, it will be so tiring to lock all the windows.. :(

Yeah, it was in my head, lol thinking I would be dead by the time I see functioning open windows. But in mean time I have some really nice doors that look like windows in TS2 (custom) and my Sims go in and out the side window in their drawing room. Pretty neat.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited November 2018
    They are hyping the secret update so much, i doubt that it would be just a juicer. Otherwise i would be really mad! I mean, i want a juicer, but come one... One game changer even said he spent mroe time with the new feature than the actual Get Famous, i am trying to imagine what type of juicer that is! omg

@VentusMatt In GTW we don't have cops, we have Detectives. Similar, but not the same!
    edited November 2018
    Karon wrote: »
    They are hyping the secret update so much, i doubt that it would be just a juicer. Otherwise i would be really mad! I mean, i want a juicer, but come one... One game changer even said he spent mroe time with the new feature than the actual Get Famous, i am trying to imagine what type of juicer that is! omg

@VentusMatt In GTW we don't have cops, we have Detectives. Similar, but not the same!

I thought it might be an attraction system, but then because he went out of his way to point out it's hidden content, I have decided it's a color wheel. That would be hidden from sight until you got into CAS and changing up clothes etc. It wouldn't be right in our faces, so that sounds about right as a hidden feature.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Well they added a new juicer object in the Sims Mobile, I wouldn’t be surprised if they also added that same object into the Sims 4. “Juice” was mentioned multiple times in the blog post, so maybe a juicer is included in the new EP, or perhaps it’s coming with the free patch?
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member

Important to note it's the game changers hyping the secret update, not the gurus. Only quote about it I've seen from the gurus is "small but fun". They know that unfortunately there will always be someone disappointed no matter what the feature is because everyone plays the sims differently.

I'm seriously puzzled as to what it could be, since its "small but fun", "game changing" and can be played with for quite a while during sims camp? 🤷‍♀️
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited November 2018
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

In games we shouldn't have to make up the story if the game cannot show the story we might as well forego the game and just write a storybook.

Say it again and often. Hopefully, EA will eventually comprehend this. It's basically what my so-called game play has devolved into. I was always a player. In order to make use of TS4, I've basically changed into a graphic novel writer. It wasn't my first choice, but there it is. I would have preferred to experience the robust game that TS4 was promised to be.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg

Important to note it's the game changers hyping the secret update, not the gurus. Only quote about it I've seen from the gurus is "small but fun". They know that unfortunately there will always be someone disappointed no matter what the feature is because everyone plays the sims differently.

I'm seriously puzzled as to what it could be, since its "small but fun", "game changing" and can be played with for quite a while during sims camp? 🤷‍♀️

Hmm when you put it like this I don't think it can be burglars since I suppose you cannot really actively "play with" them, especially not for quite some time, cause I doubt they do much aside from burgling. Unless it's with cops of course, especially if the cops do more than just arrest burglars.

But like someone else already suggested, it could always be a color wheel. Although, after so many years of asking for it, would they really call that feature "small"? Or is that just to avoid as many post-reveal criticisms à la "rly EA, a color wheel ..?" as possible.

A juicer would be small, I guess, but then again, if game changers think of a juicer as, you know, actually game changing, and if they can spend a decent amount of time playing with it, then I guess you can color me confused, cause I just don't see it.

Hmmm ... we'll know tomorrow, but I am also really curious by now.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Hmm when you put it like this I don't think it can be burglars since I suppose you cannot really actively "play with" them, especially not for quite some time, cause I doubt they do much aside from burgling. Unless it's with cops of course, especially if the cops do more than just arrest burglars.

But like someone else already suggested, it could always be a color wheel. Although, after so many years of asking for it, would they really call that feature "small"? Or is that just to avoid as many post-reveal criticisms à la "rly EA, a color wheel ..?" as possible.

A juicer would be small, I guess, but then again, if game changers think of a juicer as, you know, actually game changing, and if they can spend a decent amount of time playing with it, then I guess you can color me confused, cause I just don't see it.

except a colour wheel would'nt be a "game play feature" it would be either a "CAS feature" or a build/buy more feature. They all said "Game play"
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »

except a colour wheel would'nt be a "game play feature" it would be either a "CAS feature" or a build/buy more feature. They all said "Game play"

Fair point. And I did in the meantime see some speculations that seemed more fitting but I've also forgotten what they were again during the day. HOWEVER ... We will know soon!!! Hype.