Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*** chips46 Showcase comp,rooms,lots. ***

Comments

• chips46chips46 Posts: 3,655 Member
    edited November 2018
    Hey, @chips46 have you made a 1950's room by any chance. I'm trying to find a good 50's background for one of the comps I'm in and I cannot for the life of me find a decent background. She is wearing a poodle skirt and top so I'd like it to match that style. I've been looking for a prom-type background or something that would match that sort of outfit. :)

No I haven't made any 1950's room @Jendowoz0612 not sure if it can be made from the game it could be a real challenge to do one :#
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    It could be done, with the items such as the jukebox and there are quite a few other retro objects like that around.

edited November 2018
    @Jendowoz0612 I'll see what I can come up with is there any particular colour scheme you like, the jukebox has some blue in it, colour would do best is blue, pink and a touch of black I think, do you have all the game packs and how do you want this as a room to be upload or just a screen shot and when do you need this by like very soon but first I'll just show a shot if you like it or not
    edited November 2018
    A room or a screenshot would be fine, @chips46 I've sent you a PM of the model I'm using.
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

edited November 2018
    I've design a Retro 50s Diner room for @Jendowoz0612 sim modelling contest that she's entering using my Retro 50s Diner room as a backdrop for her sim she looks Beautiful in the background
    You can see it here: Rockabilly Fashion
    Inspired by some of the images on the web using the colours in the room
    vJ0z05z.jpg
    Its for a picture backdrop for a photo shoot set back in the 1950s retro diner
    I have placed four tombstones to give effects of mist on the dance floor
    Gallery Link: Retro 50s Diner
    aJGfApY.png8KtpEbw.pngLIRD47g.pngzCyRS0y.pnguCNqbxv.pngId0Rh7G.pngXclRFOf.pngKBIzWoQ.png
    Post edited by chips46 on
    Looks excellent, @chips46 ;););)

• HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    Looks great!

What pack are the curtains with the stars on them, they didn't turn up in the lot. <3

There are only 2 packs I don't have and that is the bowling pack and the additional pet set.

edited November 2018
    What pack are the curtains with the stars on them, they didn't turn up in the lot. <3

@Jendowoz0612 They are from seasons pack

Jen you must not had read in the post where I ask you if you have any packs that you dont have then I wouldn't put them in and I'll use something else instead do you want me to replace the items or are you able to do it yourself
    edited November 2018
    No, it's fine. I can do it thanks. I love them so just wondered which one they came from so I can get it. Anyway, I can still use the shot if you will allow me to and put my Sim in that way if need be. Already taken some shots and they look great! All the little details you added really made it so great!

edited November 2018
    I have seasons so will try again, they may have gone when I added the roof or the garden I added. So I'll check again.

No, it's fine. I can do it thanks. I love them so just wondered which one they came from so I can get it. Anyway, I can still use the shot if you will allow me to and put my Sim in that way if need be. Already taken some shots and they look great! All the little details you added really made it so great!

I'm ok with this Jen

I have seasons so will try again, they may have gone when I added the roof or the garden I added. So I'll check again.

If you need any help let me know
    Yes all okay now @chips46 They must have gone when I added the roof and didn't realise it.

edited November 2018
    What are those coloured zig zags on the wall in the 5th picture? Are they a wall decoration or something else? They must have gone too @chips46

What are those coloured zig zags on the wall in the 5th picture? Are they a wall decoration or something else? They must have gone too @chips46

They are Peak Performance from Bowling Night pack
    edited November 2018
    Oh okay, will have to go without them. @chips I'll show you and Karima a shot of all tomorrow, as I've made it into a working community lot with parking and all and Karima's garden is attached to your room and her room I converted into a toilet and activity area with the Foosball and Darts.

edited November 2018
    @Jendowoz0612 I've mentioned you in my post and link to your sim modeling entry form thread that you use my Retro 50s Diner for a backdrop for your sim
    Thank you, @chips46. It's nice that the modelling community can link up to the builders, gives the site a nice community feel. <3<3

• aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    ~ As always Amazing ♥ <3@chips46 the 50's Dinner is amazing & made a spectacular backdrop for Jen's Sim Lyndsey @Jendowoz0612 ♥♥ <3 ♥♥
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

Thank you, @chips46. It's nice that the modelling community can link up to the builders, gives the site a nice community feel. <3<3

No worry's @Jendowoz0612 yeah its nice we can all get involved in help out when in need <3

~ As always Amazing ♥ <3@chips46 the 50's Dinner is amazing & made a spectacular backdrop for Jan's Sim Lyndsey @Jendowoz0612 ♥♥ <3 ♥♥

@aussiekarima There wasn't much to go by in the gallery I really didn't think I could this as I haven't done one before but I love google <3<3<3 for this when you dont have any ideas and yeah Jan's sim really does look beautiful <3<3<3 in the room
    edited November 2018
    @aussiekarima I was checking up if any of the sims modelling results were in, instead I read your post there the AU/NZ Forum is still there I've kept the link to the site on the first page on my showcase here is the AU/NZ Forum thread
  • aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    edited November 2018
    ~ I actually did build a Dinner, but a dinner with booths (very 50's) in Red/Black & White but it was also crowded with those booths the only place ,or room to take pictures would have been the parking lot it had parking spots & game cars parked in some of those spots or the entrance to the Kitchen & Toilets or in front of the bar/breakfast bench were you can place your orders or sit on a stool & eat at the bench, it was made as a functional Dinner, so only room in those spots to take pictures, even the jukebox was near the booths (there was enough room for Sims to dance,but in the isles to the booths)it all works perfectly, (i have it in my game of coarse & it works as intended) but as a Restaurant,not a photo shoot op!LOL!

~ I still have it bookmarked but it does not show like it did before,wether I was in the AU & NZ Forums or in the US one!? So thank you for the link!
    ~ Do you want me to give you a shout when the scores are up?
    ~ Anyway thanks again for that! ♥ <3
    Post edited by aussiekarima on
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

Not a problem I don't mind helping out @aussiekarima yeah I had bookmarked heaps of threads over there sometimes I go back to the forums there's a lot of build info that @sawdust has put together on the forum threads that I still read up on them

It should be ok I'll give it a few more days when the results are up I don't mind checking the thread I get to see all the beautiful sims <3
    edited November 2018
    elCn3Mu.png
    A young married couple & their first child or baby starting out that is affordable comfortable& small on a small lot with pretty gardens & vegetables with some small activities to enjoy outside in summer
    QC challenge no: 70
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): Rindle Rose/ Willow Creek
    Notes about entry: Was trying to build an Art Deco House Style its affordable, comfortable and small for the young family to enjoy being outside in summer
    I used #roseymow Vintage Pictures in my build have given credit in the upload gallery <3
    Gallery Link: Young Family Home
    Q94O2fZ.pngfC4Tcdp.pngDMuwBWM.png6VzvW7s.pngcoLJvWH.pngT72UvlY.png