Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So what do you think they're announcing during the next Maxis Monthly?

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    It sounds like it's something that has a chance of popping up during normal Sim interactions. If some of the Influencers had to edit their videos in the middle of regular gameplay, then this seems to be a little something that's integrated, or has potential to be integrated, into the actual gameplay selection itself. Or, as someone said, maybe something from the UI.

It's not cars because they were debunked more than once now.

It's not likely CAW because that is huge and complicated and we're only just getting the first phase of terrain tools.

I don't think it's spiral stairs because that wouldn't require random video editing in the middle of gameplay.

I really don't think it's a babies overhaul, just for the fact that the Game Changers only had four hours to try out the new pack with the patch, so why would they start out their limited gameplay going through the motions of making a family when the pack is clearly not "family style" content? It seems like something that can be discovered by just playing a single Sim.

I also doubt it could be any NPCs because one of the Game Changers could "play around" with it.

With all of that out of the way, I'm back to having no idea what it is, lol. I do still think it's something that can be directly influenced by the player, though. But I could be totally wrong. Everyone's been quite sneaky about keeping it under wraps. But that "positivity challenge" seems to be the one thing that points to what it could be. Well, we'll find out tomorrow!
    #Team Occult
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    It sounds like it's something that has a chance of popping up during normal Sim interactions. If some of the Influencers had to edit their videos in the middle of regular gameplay, then this seems to be a little something that's integrated, or has potential to be integrated, into the actual gameplay selection itself. Or, as someone said, maybe something from the UI.

It's not likely CAW because that is huge and complicated and we're only just getting the first phase of terrain tools.

I don't think it's spiral stairs because that wouldn't require random video editing in the middle of gameplay.

I really don't think it's a babies overhaul, just for the fact that the Game Changers only had four hours to try out the new pack with the patch, so why would they start out their limited gameplay going through the motions of making a family when the pack is clearly not "family style" content? It seems like something that can be discovered by just playing a single Sim.

I also doubt it could be any NPCs because one of the Game Changers could "play around" with it.

With all of that out of the way, I'm back to having no idea what it is, lol. I do still think it's something that can be directly influenced by the player, though. But I could be totally wrong. Everyone's been quite sneaky about keeping it under wraps. But that "positivity challenge" seems to be the one thing that points to what it could be. Well, we'll find out tomorrow!

Maybe it's something completely new and related to socializing.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited November 2018
    soko37 wrote: »
    Pixelade kept emphasizing the word death when talking about the secret feature. He said I love it to DEATH. I'm DYING to tell you. I wonder if it's a new way to die. I know he said he played with it a long time but perhaps he had fun watching sims die this new way. Just thought it was weird how he kept saying that in italics even.
    -Pixelade said it was something he could spend a while playing around with.
    -Simmer Johnny said it was something we'd lose our minds over/a game changer
    -The devs have said its something small but fun.
    It’s important to remember that the “fun but small” comment was made before the Positivity Challenge leak. Kate tweeted that comment on Oct 12.

The Positivity Challenge wasn’t leaked until Oct 26 during the Get Famous livestream. I believe Kate was referring to the challenge in her original tweet as they had not planned on leaking the details of the challenge until Nov 6. However, the challenge is not the mystery feature. The assumed conflict in opinion from the gurus and game changers revolves around that tweet and nothing else. It is important that this be taken into account.
    -
    Things (we hope) it could be:
    -Burglars/Police NPCs
    -An update to babies
    -Spiral Staircases
    -Cars
    -Create A World: there was a sims modder who made the multiplayer mod who also was working on a CAW tool. They went quiet and shut down their discord recently so it seems like EA may have nabbed them to help work on the game)
    -Following up on that last one, since they did make sims 4 multiplayer it's possible EA has grabbed them to make Sims 4 Multiplayer a proper feature in the game? I could see that as being described as something small by the devs, while I'm sure it would have been a huge task in terms of coding and development, in the terms of the game I could define it as a "small" addition because all it would really do is allow people to play together. It could also be described as something huge and game-changing by the community and be something you could spend a while playing with if you got the chance to playtest it.
    Going to clear one thing up here as I was the first one who brought this creator up in the thread. Their discord server was not recently shut down. A while back there was some drama between the creator and some of their moderators and the creator closed the discord when it became a toxic cesspool. They reopened a new discord which is currently active. They still update the multiplayer mod once in a while but other than that they have gone pretty quiet in the community.

I also don’t think an official multiplayer patch would be considered small. Considering Sims 4 was cobbled together because Olympus was a giant stinky leaf pile that couldn’t be deleted, implementing multiplayer is definitely way more complicated than meets the eye. However, we already established that “fun but small” and “omg mystery feature” are not the same thing. Soooo there’s a chance multiplayer could be on the agenda along with burglars, babies, stairs, etc.

Speaking of babies, might as well debunk them as fun but small. Kate is not really the hinty type, so I’m choosing to read her comment at face value. This is also why I think she was referring to the challenge and not the mystery feature in her tweet. It is technically a feature, small, but designed to be fun by their definition. Notice how the devs are relying solely on the game changers to hype the mystery feature. EAxis technically hasn’t said a peep about it...except SimGuruGhost who got too excited on the terrain stream and let it slip that he worked on something secret too.

The devs also strike me as not the type of people who are overly fond of gameplay overhauls. Think about all the broken features that still aren’t patched from older packs. Now think about babies - a 3 day life state that is pretty boring but definitely not broken. I really don’t think they’re going to risk breaking a life state that is currently functional just because Grant was blowing smoke up our butts about better babies on Twitter several months ago. And that’s all I have to say about that.

If it’s really cars then this whole mystery feature is just one big troll job and I want my time back. Hope they include a clown car so I can make sim versions of all the devs, put them in fursuits, pile them into the car and drive them straight into the giant festering leaf piles that bedeck all of my Sims’ front yards. Game Of The Year, guys.

Not everyone has babies for only three days. For me, I play with epic lifespan and my infants are in that stage for weeks, so in that type of play it would be worth making them playable, but I don't think that's what we're getting sadly.

I'm also confused why people think it's cars since that was shot down by gurus a long time ago.

Funerals, maybe? Though I doubt he would take the chance of losing his game changer status by dropping hints like that. Because it would be very obvious to Kate/the Gurus.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited November 2018
    [quote="LiELF;c-16814579"It sounds like it's something that has a chance of popping up during normal Sim interactions. If some of the Influencers had to edit their videos in the middle of regular gameplay, then this seems to be a little something that's integrated, or has potential to be integrated, into the actual gameplay selection itself. Or, as someone said, maybe something from the UI. [rest of quote snipped for brevity] [/quote]

Could be some kind of chemistry/attraction system? You might need to edit that out if Sims are reacting visually somehow (hearts???) to other Sims in their vicinity to show their attraction to them?
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

No, there is more than one secret feature. The one coming in the patch, and something else in Get Famous that we haven't seen yet. So whatever happened in the videos was probably the GF feature.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2018
    I just hope they don't come back and scold everyone who got their hopes up because it would be their fault since the game changers are hyping this to the max, but the CM is saying it's small but fun. The game changers are saying stuff like omg! I have wanted this foreva! It's going to blow your mind, it's hidden, I spent hours playing this feature instead of the actual EP at SimsCamp. I can't wait to tell you guys!..and the CM is saying, hey, it's a small update but fun.

Don't go blaming the players when they are all crying from disappointment. And apt to no longer believe anyone anymore from all this over hyping. Note: And now back paddling saying things like, well, it all depends on how you play.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Pixelade kept emphasizing the word death when talking about the secret feature. He said I love it to DEATH. I'm DYING to tell you. I wonder if it's a new way to die. I know he said he played with it a long time but perhaps he had fun watching sims die this new way. Just thought it was weird how he kept saying that in italics even.
    It’s important to remember that the “fun but small” comment was made before the Positivity Challenge leak. Kate tweeted that comment on Oct 12.

The Positivity Challenge wasn’t leaked until Oct 26 during the Get Famous livestream. I believe Kate was referring to the challenge in her original tweet as they had not planned on leaking the details of the challenge until Nov 6. However, the challenge is not the mystery feature. The assumed conflict in opinion from the gurus and game changers revolves around that tweet and nothing else. It is important that this be taken into account.
    -
    -Burglars/Police NPCs
    -An update to babies
    -Spiral Staircases
    -Cars
    -Create A World: there was a sims modder who made the multiplayer mod who also was working on a CAW tool. They went quiet and shut down their discord recently so it seems like EA may have nabbed them to help work on the game)
    -Following up on that last one, since they did make sims 4 multiplayer it's possible EA has grabbed them to make Sims 4 Multiplayer a proper feature in the game? I could see that as being described as something small by the devs, while I'm sure it would have been a huge task in terms of coding and development, in the terms of the game I could define it as a "small" addition because all it would really do is allow people to play together. It could also be described as something huge and game-changing by the community and be something you could spend a while playing with if you got the chance to playtest it.
    Going to clear one thing up here as I was the first one who brought this creator up in the thread. Their discord server was not recently shut down. A while back there was some drama between the creator and some of their moderators and the creator closed the discord when it became a toxic cesspool. They reopened a new discord which is currently active. They still update the multiplayer mod once in a while but other than that they have gone pretty quiet in the community.

I also don’t think an official multiplayer patch would be considered small. Considering Sims 4 was cobbled together because Olympus was a giant stinky leaf pile that couldn’t be deleted, implementing multiplayer is definitely way more complicated than meets the eye. However, we already established that “fun but small” and “omg mystery feature” are not the same thing. Soooo there’s a chance multiplayer could be on the agenda along with burglars, babies, stairs, etc.

Speaking of babies, might as well debunk them as fun but small. Kate is not really the hinty type, so I’m choosing to read her comment at face value. This is also why I think she was referring to the challenge and not the mystery feature in her tweet. It is technically a feature, small, but designed to be fun by their definition. Notice how the devs are relying solely on the game changers to hype the mystery feature. EAxis technically hasn’t said a peep about it...except SimGuruGhost who got too excited on the terrain stream and let it slip that he worked on something secret too.

The devs also strike me as not the type of people who are overly fond of gameplay overhauls. Think about all the broken features that still aren’t patched from older packs. Now think about babies - a 3 day life state that is pretty boring but definitely not broken. I really don’t think they’re going to risk breaking a life state that is currently functional just because Grant was blowing smoke up our butts about better babies on Twitter several months ago. And that’s all I have to say about that.

If it’s really cars then this whole mystery feature is just one big troll job and I want my time back. Hope they include a clown car so I can make sim versions of all the devs, put them in fursuits, pile them into the car and drive them straight into the giant festering leaf piles that bedeck all of my Sims’ front yards. Game Of The Year, guys.

Not everyone has babies for only three days. For me, I play with epic lifespan and my infants are in that stage for weeks, so in that type of play it would be worth making them playable, but I don't think that's what we're getting sadly.

I'm also confused why people think it's cars since that was shot down by gurus a long time ago.

Funerals, maybe? Though I doubt he would take the chance of losing his game changer status by dropping hints like that. Because it would be very obvious to Kate/the Gurus.

You're probably right. Maybe that's the way pixelade talks. I don't watch him much so I don't know. Just seemed really strange how he kept using that word.
  • KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    edited November 2018
    OMG I'm really hoping toddlers are coming!! Ugh!!

(jk jk i just remember those days we used to want toddlers)
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    https://simsvip.com/2018/11/05/watch-live-the-sims-4-maxis-monthly-get-famous-live-stream-november-6th-2018/
    "Maxis has not revealed any details on what they plan to announce, but it’s rumored to be some type of feature related to the game’s UI control."

Maybe this means no more having to type in cheats or we'll be able to use that needs slider trick the producers like to use during Livestreams
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member

-
    -Burglars/Police NPCs
    -An update to babies
    -Spiral Staircases
    -Cars

Yeah the death thing is a bit of a reach ......
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »

-
    -Burglars/Police NPCs
    -An update to babies
    -Spiral Staircases
    -Cars

Honnestly I don't see how can someone spend more time in watching sims dying than in the EP.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member

-
    -Burglars/Police NPCs
    -An update to babies
    -Spiral Staircases
    -Cars

Honnestly I don't see how can someone spend more time in watching sims dying than in the EP.

Actually the first thing I noticed in those tweets was the emphasizing of the word death/dying. If the new feature was some type of funeral, then it wouldn't be that unlikely. Like he said, it all depends on how you play your game.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member

-
    -Burglars/Police NPCs
    -An update to babies
    -Spiral Staircases
    -Cars

Not sure how often you have experimented with trying to kill sims in specific ways but it can take a long time lol. I'm not saying I'm certain about a new death, it's just a guess based solely on listening to a game changer video. If it is new deaths then it could have possibly took awhile to do the things necessary for the death to take place.
  • BingBangBingBongBingBangBingBong Posts: 68 Member

I’m operating under the assumption that the feature will cater to the average player who uses default settings. I myself play with custom lifespans and would like better babies as well but I agree with you that it probably isn’t what we’re getting.

I think people are holding out for cars because the gurus have said “[INSERT FEATURE HERE] is definitely not a thing and will never be a thing. Nope nope nope. Never ever times infinitity.” and then surprise! it’s suddenly a feature and their tune changes to “No big deal we were just trolling you guys learn to take a joke gossshhhh 🙄🙄🙄”

So I can see why some people might be guessing it’s one big troll job because it’s been done before.

My spidey senses are telling me it’s really a button that says Create A World but when you click it you’re taken to a secret battle royale mode where you can only wear fursuits and hurl compliments at other players because insults and guns hurt people’s feelings. If you win the game you get a gold toilet for your hard earned efforts.
  • Joel2810Joel2810 Posts: 989 Member
    Well, the reveal is tomorrow and today’s almost over! I’m super hyped and just want this agonizing suspense to end!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    https://simsvip.com/2018/11/05/watch-live-the-sims-4-maxis-monthly-get-famous-live-stream-november-6th-2018/
    "Maxis has not revealed any details on what they plan to announce, but it’s rumored to be some type of feature related to the game’s UI control."

Interesting, but a lot of SimVip’s recent intel comes from combing the forums, just like us. They got booted off the game changer island when they got in a cat fight with SimGuruDrake before she peaced out and left the studio for greener pastures(?) They aren’t invited to Sim Camps anymore because they are now considered an evil stepchild. Not saying that they are completely uninformed, but they are no longer that much more informed than us.

The good noodle game changers aren’t going to spill the simoleans and risk their EA swag bags in exchange for some gossip. They definitely aren’t going to spill it to the evil stepchild unless they’re itching to get demonitized.

However, I don’t doubt that the UI change might be related to the feature. Especially if it’s the obviously half empty world select screen 😉

I don't know how much you could play with the world screen. What about a tool for organising our inventories? If you've got a lot of junk, I mean, valuable collectibles, you could spend quite a bit of time with this. It also counts as a tool, which was mentioned somewhere. And some Simmers wouldn't care about the feature, since they don't collect a lot of stuff, while others have been asking for this.

I'm still leaning toward an attraction system - it would require a UI change and you could play with it (setting up attractions for each of your Sims), and it could also be called a tool. That would make sense with the game changer who had to edit out a steamy kiss.

There's a steamy kiss?
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member

Interesting, but a lot of SimVip’s recent intel comes from combing the forums, just like us. They got booted off the game changer island when they got in a cat fight with SimGuruDrake before she peaced out and left the studio for greener pastures(?) They aren’t invited to Sim Camps anymore because they are now considered an evil stepchild. Not saying that they are completely uninformed, but they are no longer that much more informed than us.

The good noodle game changers aren’t going to spill the simoleans and risk their EA swag bags in exchange for some gossip. They definitely aren’t going to spill it to the evil stepchild unless they’re itching to get demonitized.

However, I don’t doubt that the UI change might be related to the feature. Especially if it’s the obviously half empty world select screen 😉

I don't know how much you could play with the world screen. What about a tool for organising our inventories? If you've got a lot of junk, I mean, valuable collectibles, you could spend quite a bit of time with this. It also counts as a tool, which was mentioned somewhere. And some Simmers wouldn't care about the feature, since they don't collect a lot of stuff, while others have been asking for this.

I'm still leaning toward an attraction system - it would require a UI change and you could play with it (setting up attractions for each of your Sims), and it could also be called a tool. That would make sense with the game changer who had to edit out a steamy kiss.

There's a steamy kiss?

No, they're referring to a video that got edited right before a "risky kiss" interaction during the acting career.
  • PinkSugar81PinkSugar81 Posts: 184 Member
    I think it is Risky actions like sims mobile has. That's my guess.
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Basically, you do a risky action that gives you a possibility of higher relationship (or work) boost if successful than a regular one. Such as risky kiss if successful would get you more of a relationship boost or if it fails they would push away.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited November 2018
    Soooo there 22mins until the embargo lifts, right?

(I’m in England, so I’m guessing at US time)
    The sim gurus livestream the new feature tomorrow @ 11AM PST it is currently 11:43PM PST.
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I'm in the UK too but thought that we'll be finding out at the usual 6pm when things tend to be announced/posted? I can't wait to find out, gotten myself pretty hyped up!
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    The sim gurus livestream the new feature tomorrow @ 11AM PST it is currently 11:43PM PST.
    Ohhh I didn’t realize. I hoped the embargo was going to lift at midnight or something. Sigh.
  • vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    edited November 2018
    Movotti wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    Small but fun = doorbell

I'd really like one like this irl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI8r7-qUkR0

Oh wow, I want an air raid siren doorbell.
    Those doorstep sellers that ignore the police notice on my window to leave us alone would think twice about coming back again xD
    2UFyFUV.png