Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many hours have you spent towards The Sims 3?

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I wonder how many hours I have played since I first commented on this thread?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    edited November 2018
    I've had it since 2010....Played it actively on and off...The tab says 2419 hours, but it's probably more as I didn't use origin the first year or so, when I played it a lot.

Edit: I had it since new year 2010, which makes that I (on average) played 42 minutes a day, with those 2419 hours. When I count from when I had this particular account, 68 minutes/day
  • AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    edited November 2018
    Too many hours. Way too many. :D

But considering the fact that I’ve had this game since opening day 2009 and have been playing off and on ever since then i’d say 500 hours at least if not more.

eta: Forgot that I’ve commented on this thread already before! Oops.
    But in my defense I commented a few years ago :p
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited November 2018
    Says 2,408 hours.
    Its gotta be more than though.I've had it since 2009.
    Cause according to google 2,408 = about 100 days.
    There's no way I've only played a 100 days, that's less than a year.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    edited November 2018
    jillbg wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer What makes you drool made my mom furious. Especially as he often returned home with the plane in a shopping bag... :s
    Edit: Gaah... Boy and their toys...
    @jillbg ~sigh~ @Featherbelle wasn't too happy when I wanted a 1/32 scale Tamiya (plastic model kit) F-14A Tomcat, then about $200.00 worth of resin model kit parts (bombs, decals, conversion kits and other items) on top of that. At one point, the Tamiya 1/32 F-14 was over $200.00 in price. :mrgreen: It was something that I had been eyeballing for years.

The infuriating part for her now was the fact that I spent all this money on it (during the last decade) and now I'm too dam scared to build it. :D It's an intimidating beast, especially for a scale modeller who hasn't built much of anything recently. I used to build a lot in 1/48 scale when I was a young teen (not so young any more. body in my late 40s; mentally, my wife says I'm 12).

That won't be the case with a gaming PC however... :D Intimidated, but not scared of building a PC.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    On your origin's My Games tab, roll over The Sims 3 base game and let me know how many hours you've played The Sims 3! I wanna know!

As of yesterday:
    2,341 o_O
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • EdieApplebyEdieAppleby Posts: 134 Member
    edited November 2018
    Sims 4 at 2400+ hours just passed Sims 3 at 2300+ hours. But I used to play sims 3 outside of Origin before that, so the real number for Sims 3 is easily double that, and so many people are in the 100s but I'm not in denial... I know I play too much.

RUt8sJ8.gif
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    I can't count ahaha.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited November 2018
    Too many hours to count. It allowed players to be so much more creative and it had so much content...I still go back to it every now and then, but it's still a bit laggy on my new laptop and that's what ruined the game for me in the past.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Like many I don't play through Origin but the number of hours i've played are way too many to count. I've played pretty much daily, for at least a couple hours, since launch till now. I have to imagine its a huge number.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,065 Member
    2668 hours.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Not many at last count. Trying to get all the packs back. I am sure that will go up. In comparison, I have over 1600 hours playing Sims 2 and 72 hours playing Sims 4.

Something is up with Origin. I played all day yesterday and early this morning and Origin didn't update the number of hours. I have restarted Origin and it still isn't showing the correct number of hours. Help?
  • ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    Definitely at least a thousand hours, lol. I started playing way before TS3 used Origin though, so my time wouldn't reflect that.
    keep on keepin' on
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I thought I'd be seeing some ridiculous bigger values in this thread but it's 6,450 hours for me and I feel fine. :no_mouth:

Also Origin sometimes will stop counting hours in TS3 in particular only to start again whenever it feels like (or maybe after a client update). I dunno if anyone else has experienced that but I think it was supposed to be a warning.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    3070 hours played through Origin - and who knows how many before.
  • JemkatkJemkatk Posts: 199 Member
    edited November 2018
    959 since 2012 when I started using the origin launcher. But I took several years off because my computer was the Ruby 3000 and really couldn't run anything besides super basic games.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Since the last time I posted on this thread, my hours on Origin have increased to 4778. Add 423 hrs when I used to play on Steam, and who knows how many hours between the time I switched to Origin the time the last patch forced me to log into Origin to play. And I still have Store worlds I haven't played in... :o
  • dolfena286dolfena286 Posts: 5 New Member
    Over 1000 according to Origin. I've only had the game since 2015. In the last year or so is when I've put the most hours into it :D
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    edited November 2018
    5415 hrs in 1 yr and 11 months - (I've owned the game (on disc) since January 2017; I've played about 250 hrs on disc alone (without going with Origin); Now my tabulation since I've been on Origin has been the above 5400+ number) 2 bouts with pneumonia in those two plus years; long convalescence time - if this keeps going, I'm going to end up over 10,000hrs by 2020.

Wish I could be out doing real-world photography right now, but... at least Sims 3 is keeping me from going completely INSANE. ~thinks for a moment~...

If I'm already half-insane...does that count?
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Well, my origin hours went up just a smidge since my original post here way back in 2014. Origin went up to 4,592 (from 2). I don't know when I started playing origin so I don't know how much that covers. But I still have *at least* 5 years unaccounted for because I was playing disc only.

And I switched to Steam almost a year and a half ago, I'm at 1,043 there.

So that's 5,365 hours accounted for. I really don't want to know what I got up to before Origin and Steam lol. I played a lot more back then (like so so much more). Now feel like I never play, it blows my mind that I've reached a thousand hours in a year and a half. It feels like I should have like 50 hours.
  • Smiley_CatSmiley_Cat Posts: 33 Member
    Over hundreds of hours. I love the game so much!
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Lalalalaaaaaa. But Origins also counts when the game is on pause or on the launcher?
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Giggles. Too many to count. :)
    :) Smile!

• AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Haha! I was reading the hours reported here, slightly shocked at the amounts, and then I got to thinking about how steam counts play time and slowly realised that the number must reset when installing a client on a new computer as well as not counting/counting differently when playing offline, and by this time I get very quiet when I understand that there is no knowing my actual play time. And if all the time spent on reading about the game as well as hanging out on the different forums is accounted for I think this all counts towards madness if anything so my sim-trait 'instable' has now given me the new trait of 'insane'.
  • eenglishsimmereenglishsimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    4262 hours