Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC - help I'm a noobie

2...Next

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,777 Member
    Simiella wrote: »
    If you download CC you should put it in your mods folder, I would recommend to create folders in the mod folders to make it easier for you if it would be bugs in them. If the file is named for ex something.zip och something.rar you need a application to change it to a file named something.package. A lot of smaller files is already package but it could be useful.

Do not change the file name! If the file ends with .zip or .rar you need to unzip the file to remove the .package files inside. You can do this with a program like 7-zip https://www.7-zip.org/download.html depending on your computer you will want one of the first two options (32 bit or 64 bit).
    How should you check if your CC are conflicting with new game updates/patches (or is it just mods that would conflict)? Like I know you can download something, but some recommendations from experienced simmers would be great (I've just started playing again after a >10 year break lol).

The best way to make sure your Mods and CC are working is to add them in small batches and run the game. If you have issues, remove the item from your Mods folder and check back with the forum, if we can help you fix it, we will. If you run your game and there is a problem DO NOT SAVE, that way your game progress won't be interfered with.
  • K3lsumsK3lsums Posts: 2 New Member
    I have a question. I'm trying to install custom content but my game has no mods folder. I have played the game and no mod folder pops up. I have located a resource.cfg.bak file in the data>client folder and then a file named resource that opens with notes. I have tried creating a mods folder but the content does not show in the game and I have everything enabled in the game settings. What am I doing wrong? Do i need to move the cfg file to a mod folder or duplicate it?
    K3lsums wrote: »
    I have a question. I'm trying to install custom content but my game has no mods folder. I have played the game and no mod folder pops up. I have located a resource.cfg.bak file in the data>client folder and then a file named resource that opens with notes. I have tried creating a mods folder but the content does not show in the game and I have everything enabled in the game settings. What am I doing wrong? Do i need to move the cfg file to a mod folder or duplicate it?

I'm so sorry that I am just now seeing this. It doesn't sound like you are looking in the right place for your mods folder. None of those file names are right. You should be looking for Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4>Mods
  • SassycottonSassycotton Posts: 438 Member
    Can you help me try to do mods again please?
    Can you help me try to do mods again please?

This tutorial may help:
    https://chartxgames.com/sims-4-guide-how-to-install-sims-4-mods
  • stormofthebrainstormofthebrain Posts: 4 New Member
    There are some very helpful tutorials on the sims 4 studio website.