Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Challenge Blog: Llandros Ultimate Sim Challenge

Comments

• AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    SemaviLady wrote: »
    I've got a hunter cat in my game (I'm not yet playing this challenge). The cat has a wish to catch a turtle and has caught everything else it has wished for in the past four 4 sim weeks (Dragon Valley: I'm rotating between three families). I've decided to place some spawners so I can get this wish completed. The cat has caught fish near the default fishing hole spawners and small birds near bird spawners - alternating between 'stalk for prey' and 'hunting' for something specific. I imagine placing more gem spawners will help with the challenge. I tend to scatter extra spawners when I'm working on a sim with a particular goal - if the default spawner population proves much too dry. Cat is already a Master Hunter but hasn't completed all the in-game challenges for cats.

Thanks for the tip! Strategies like that are ones that I like to use as well, when I know where to find them! However in this case I think it has more use for hunting with cats then with dogs, because dogs can only hunt collectibles that are buried on a dig site. And the spawners for gems/metals/rocks spawn the object laying on the floor, which only a human sim can collect. But I will double check if I might have missed a dig site spawner in the list and try that! I did place a whole lot of dig sites in my backyard to get some work done, but the rock ones are the least among the finds, so I'm still figuring out the best way to go!
    edited November 2018
    An Update On Mods

As I probably mentioned before, I am no anti-mod purist type of gamer. I sincerely feel that mods can both add to the game and help you get unstuck at certain times. I have been using a number of Nraas mods from the start which I feel were a real asset to game play as well as saving the saves literally. Today I have reviewed my modlist a bit, and found some real precious pearls I would like to share with all of you! I will therefore post an accurate updated mod list in this post. And for the people who, like me, were confused with some of the Nraas mod descriptions, be sure to check this description that I found very helpful!

Mod List
    • No Intro
    • Opportunity Phone Call Fix & More Opportunity Phone Calls
    • Nraas - Debug Enabler
    • Nraas - Dreamer
    • Nraas - Error Trap
    • Nraas - Master Controller (Cheats / Integration / Progression)
    • Nraas - Mover
    • Nraas - Overwatch
    • Nraas - Portrait Panel
    • Nraas - Retuner
    • Nraas - Saver
    • Nraas - Story Progression (Career / Extra / Money / Population / Relationship / Skill)
    • Nraas - Tempest
    • Nraas - Woohooer

If anyone knows any mod that they think I should definitely look at, please let me know!
    Post edited by AlHollandiyah on
    SEASON 7 - APPALOOSA PLAINS

Not Rocking It - Is It Even Possible?

Very small blog post. And a lame excuse of one at it. I have spent in game WEEKS trying to have my dog get the Rock Finder skill challenge. So far he found 20 rocks, vs 125 gems / 78 metals / 110 fragments. And I have had needs on static for most of those week, having him dig up collectables around the clock. (Yeah, I know thats technically cheating. I admit! Please don't hit me!) With these stats I am seriously wondering if that challenge is even possible. What I am actually saying is: I give up. I'm moving on to cats.

BUT .... if anyone has some useful info on how to actually achieve this skill challenge I am willing to give it another go with a new dog later down this challenge, regardless of seasons. So please let me know!

Goals
    • Adopt 2 cats and breed them
    • Have a Cat become a level 10 hunter
    • Finish the Cat Hunter skill challenges
    • Start collecting all the Minor Pets in game
    edited October 2018

Something Is Very Fishy

I know that TS3 is a game, but where I've had plenty a giggle at the realistic stuff (including even midlife crises) I am completely astounded what my cat managed to fish up. I took a siamese cat, which is maybe 2 to 3 kilos? I was already very surprised when he started fishing up all kinds of 30 to 40 kilo fish, but if you think that is quite a feat you wont believe what comes next! He managed to fish up four crocodiles, two of which were near 400 kilos! And while I am having a go at it, how does my cat fish up a 400 kilo crocodile without any struggle, but when he tries to catch a BEETLE, you see a cloud of dust you would more likely expect fighting a Big Dog.... I just don't get it!?

Other then that I can say I thoroughly enjoyed watching my cat fish (even when he fished up siamese catfishes, lol). Compared to the dog challenges, the cat challenges are VERY doable, certainly if you have no problems placing a few spawners in your backyard.... Oh and I almost forgot to say that my two siamese cats also had a litter of 4 before he started going after his hunter skill challenges! So it has been a busy day! I have moved Amber out to the library pending her moving into a fresh save to go to a horse friendly lot and get that part of the season kickstarted!

Goals
    • Adopt a horse
    • Train Amber's riding skill
    • Start her on the Horse(wo)man career
    • Train the horse
  • SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    If anyone knows any mod that they think I should definitely look at, please let me know!

I recommend using a few additional NRAAS mods that enhance playability of TS3 -- Traveler, Porter, MC Cheats, Retuner. I use quite a bit more but these are 'basics' for the default way I usually play.
    I do sometimes use NRAAS Story Progression and modules such as Personalities for my quirkier games where I'm interested in shaking up town dynamics, but this isn't my default way to play.

I also use quite a few of Shimrod's mods but these are usually tweaks for better/faster outcome in most default games I play. His dive cave reset mod became essential to keep IP cave exploration playable. Shimrod's mods that I use are hosted at the simsasylum. You have to be a member to see the descriptions and to download mods http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/forum/221-shimrods-mods/

I use Awesomemod and never play without it (except for times when doing installs on a new or rebuilt computer). It's for automatic tuning and faster access to things I do in my game since 2009.

Training Dogs in TS3.
    Agh, I haven't really played pets much over the years, so I was surprised to see that there were issues fulfilling the dog training challenges which I have yet to attempt. I'll have to try that eventually. Cats and horses are in my recent games and are treated by me as accessories, so I haven't attempted all challenges related to the Pets expansion. Thanks for sharing your updates!
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
    edited October 2018
    SemaviLady wrote: »

I recommend using a few additional NRAAS mods that enhance playability of TS3 -- Traveler, Porter, MC Cheats, Retuner. I use quite a bit more but these are 'basics' for the default way I usually play.
    I do sometimes use NRAAS Story Progression and modules such as Personalities for my quirkier games where I'm interested in shaking up town dynamics, but this isn't my default way to play.

I also use quite a few of Shimrod's mods but these are usually tweaks for better/faster outcome in most default games I play. His dive cave reset mod became essential to keep IP cave exploration playable. Shimrod's mods that I use are hosted at the simsasylum. You have to be a member to see the descriptions and to download mods http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/forum/221-shimrods-mods/

I use Awesomemod and never play without it (except for times when doing installs on a new or rebuilt computer). It's for automatic tuning and faster access to things I do in my game since 2009.

Training Dogs in TS3.
    Agh, I haven't really played pets much over the years, so I was surprised to see that there were issues fulfilling the dog training challenges which I have yet to attempt. I'll have to try that eventually. Cats and horses are in my recent games and are treated by me as accessories, so I haven't attempted all challenges related to the Pets expansion. Thanks for sharing your updates!

As for MC and SP I have the following modules, which I also added to the post above:
    - Master Controller (Cheats / Integration / Progression)
    - Story Progression (Career / Extra / Money / Population / Relationship / Skill)

As for the others, Retuner is definitely something I want to look in to, my sim kept trying to feed her cats treats, up to a point where I actually had to disable her autonomy to keep their relationship from dropping. So annoying! As for traveler and porter, I generally move her into a new save when she moves town, and I don't have any other sims that I move along with her, so as far as I can tell it won't add much right now. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong! I will also definitely check that Shimrod link that you sent me, anything specific that you could tip me about? If I add any mods to my folder I will update the modlist!

As for the accessories part, I totally get that! I have been treating all of her husbands and offspring as accessories I'm afraid. I find it very hard to concentrate on random sims that won't last the season AND get her to the level that she needs to be. I can totally work a family of multiple sims, but not to the standards that Amber has to meet! So yeah, it is what it is!

Rebuilding Six Gable Stables

I have been at work all evening changing the Six Gable Stables lot to my preferences, which is quite a feat considering I am a complete noob at anything horse. I have deleted the windmill and the hay attic, and extended the stable all the way to both ends of the lot. It was a huge empty space with 2 lost horse boxes, and now it is a neat row of 8 (yeah, I know, bit ambitious) boxes, with a hay attick above all of the boxes. The center front has 2 large barn doors, with a spiral staircase between them to go up to the hay attic. One of the barn doors enters directly into the newly drawn enclosure, one big one instead of 2 small ones, with some random scattered objects as I have no clue what to put there and how. And the other barn door goes outside of the enclosure so you can take a horse out when you want to. I also upgraded the house to my liking, keeping the style that it was in. I changed the second bedroom to also have a double bed, upgraded several items to better, and added a professional bar.

The Big Question Is: Can anybody help this horse noob out as to what to put in the enclosure, and how? Thank you very much!
  • SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    edited October 2018
    I only use the stalls for reproduction. I like the horses and sims to interact on their own since I have an overloaded household on the 'horsey' family I play, out of three families on Dragon Valley. The family was originally for a challenge. That challenge was completed, after which time, an unusual wild horse appeared on their lot. The horse had yellow fairy wings. So I decided to have play the family again -- adopt the fairy horse, followed by the impulse to import mares from each of three WA worlds so that all three normal mares had fairy winged foals.

The goal for this family is to have all of the horses as top winners at the competitions and sell each of them at the end of their careers for max simoleons as possible. Then the family will just be extras, and I'll let them live out their lives.

Here's the UI in-game, while one of the sims competes at the equestrian center (it's a rug, not a barn).
    InsK6uz.jpg
    There are more horses now and an additional sim that lives in this family.

At the residence I placed several cavaletti on the ground for horses to alternate among them to train themselves by jumping over the cavaletti, and train themselves to race using a couple racing posts. When one had a wish for a water jump, I added it to the lot and then second bar jump. So while one horse is cued to do the larger jumps, another is running the cavaletti and still another is training for races. While each of the sim adults also take their horses to a jumping course to maximize the skills.

Horses training themselves -- The horses are queued and will automatically start the course and go round to do rounds until their queue is done or they have other needs. The adult sims in the family learned to ride (at the start) via the MultiTab but also trained the horses that they'd be riding in the competitions.

The competitions take place at the equestrian center (in my case, the rug) and generally have to win races many times before they complete all the challenges.

I put a pond, and watering trough on the lot. There are NO fences. For the horses to maximize their inter relationships, I give them full freewill and no walls to block their freedom to interact with each other which randomly also fulfill wishes that I lock for them.

Because of the number of horses... I put the following three lots close together.
    * So the home is a huge lot (64x64) where the horses all run free and tend to be around the smallish house all the time. One stall, no barn -- the house has a basement where most human skilling takes place.
    * The equestrian center is a small lot (with the equestrian center rug) with a few jumps, water trough, a small building with amenities and a showtime stage (so it doubles as a Private Venue for gigs and simport).
    * A third essential lot is just a ranch type lot with a jumping course, so the horses also have to do rounds that include all jumps including the fire obstacles. I do not know if fire from the jump can kill a sim, so I give shower cans to all the adults that are training horses.

Foals retain the "untrained" trait until they are trainable adults. Foals want to be near their mom and are more independent if they have the 'brave' trait (a reward). If your world has lots of storms, sim horses sometimes seem terrified so they just need a sim to go 'calm' them. I've read others put the horses in stalls and have less trouble with bad weather but in my game, I just send a human sim out to the scared horse to calm it and bad moodlet is gone. Eventually they seem less scared during stores. (I got so tired of the rain and ineptitude of adjusting my tempest settings at the time, that I had rain turned off til I started a third family and turned rain on again with better settings.)

ATM that's all the tips I can think of now (I'm half asleep). Hope some of it is helpful. Good luck!
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
    edited November 2018

Building Allstar Horsery

I abandoned Six Gable Stable in favor of an empty lot that was 64x64, so my horses would have way more room to roam about! I built it all from the ground up, with a long building that has 2 stable wings and central living quarters. Both stable wings have a 2 story farm door, 4 horse stalls and a hay attic that can be reached from a spiral staircase. I am planning to leave both stalls unlocked so the horses can go inside and outside at their leasure. About 3/4th of the whole lot is horse free-roam area, with fences and horse crossable gates, and some training items for the horses!

In between is a small 3 story house that has 2 en suites on the top floor, a living room and a dining kitchen on the middle floor, and on the ground floor some toilets, a laundry room, a lot of space for future skill items, and doors to both stables. I have tried to make the whole build as much as possible with stuff from the pets pack, to avoid the pitfall of always choosing the same floors, wallpapers and furniture!

A Horse Is A Horse Of Course Of Course

.... And no one can talk to a horse of course! That is, of course, unless the horse is the famous Mister Ed.

For those of you who aren't old, or (like me) have seen reruns of this very old show at some point in their life: Mister Ed is a talking horse from a sixties comedy series. And I thought it was a very nice addition to my challenge to have my main horse for this season be a famous one! So I recreated him as best as I could, which is quite hard when 99% of all photos google digs up of him are in black and white! But there were a couple of full color photos of his head and here you can see how he turned out!

Mister Ed will be my Ultimate Horse in this season, beside which I am planning to adopt / raise a whole number of horses that will come and go as they are sold for the horseman career. But Mister Ed will stay by my side, learn all of the skills, get all of the traits, and be Amber's loyal companion for the rest of this season. Also per idea of @SemaviLady I am planning to breed him with a unicorn if I manage to adopt one! Because of course of course a Horse Star like this can't just foal around with any old mare....

Goals
    • Register for the Self Employed Horse(wo)man career
    • Get Amber's Riding skill going
    • Get all of Mister Ed's skills going
    • Find and adopt a unicorn

Riding From The Books

It's lame, I know, but I tried to have Amber learn the riding skill by actually doing it, and it proved such a hassle for a horse noob like me that I started over from my house build save and had her read all the way up to level 10 before trying to move Mister Ed in again. Now she has practiced racing and jumping with him up to level 3, and I can see that I have a long way to go before both of them have all their challenge stars, which is a must for this season! I am planning to adopt and train other horses as well, but there are no rules how far they have to get and I will certainly not put in all the work for the star challenge for any other then Mister Ed. The only reason for training them is selling them with a profit, and so I will train them for a couple of days and move on. And I am also planning to breed at least one normal foal and one unicorn foal with Mister Ed as Mister Dad. Other then that he is going to be my money maker with racing and stud services. In other words there is plenty to do still and this season will probably be one of the longer ones in this challenge!

Goals
    • Work on Ambers Riding Skill Challenges
    • Have Mister Ed max the Racing and Jumping skill
    • Work on Mister Eds Racing and Jumping skill challenges
    • Climb the ladder of the Horsewoman career

Not The Only Perfectionist

And this title would be referring to Amber who has that as one of her main traits. However, I, the player, am one too. So I skilled up both Amber an Mister Ed to level 10 in their respective riding, jumping and racing skills BEFORE even trying to enter a competition. And because why not, I went into an international competition straight up. And he won it! Now, for his skill challenges he needs to win over 15 (so, 16) races and jumping competitions, and 1 of each of the three on international level, so 1 cross country competition. And as far as I can tell he can enter in to one a day! So I have made my first money with Mister Ed as a level 10 stud, and by winning his first race, and as with any self employed careers the first rises are fairly easy. Meaning she is now a level 5 Horsewoman, but I know it will take a long while to get there, so I have my work cut out for me!

Goals
    • Have Mister Ed win 15 more races, 16 jumping competitions and 1 cross country competition
    • Befriend 10 horses and adopt 3 wild horses
    • Find and adopt a Unicorn
    • Reach level 10 of the Horsewoman career
    edited November 2018

Challenging A Duo

As Amber and Mister Ed form a formidable duo with a triple skill they have quite a number of challenges to beat. As a pair that is especially in the competition area. But after I won my second international race the game didn't save, and so I was back to 1 win. And after that he kept getting 2nd, 3rd, 4th. I got really annoyed. Until I re-read the challenges and saw that all but one specified that it had to be an advanced OR international competition. The only one that has to be international is the one where Amber has to win one of all three types. So if I win 1 international racing, jumping and cross country, then I can settle for the advanced level for the other 15 racing and jumping competitions. And they are a whole lot easier to win at this level!

Horse Friend

Two other challenges included Amber befriending 10 horses, adopting 3 wild horses and adopting a unicorn. The three wild horses took a ridiculous amount of attempts as they kept refusing to be adopted even though she befriended them. So I decided to 'lend a hand' and got her up to level 6 on the hidden wildlife friend skill. Then I proceeded to adopt 3 female horses, a black adult which I called Onyx, a brown and white adult which I called Canvas and a brown foal which I called Browny because thats about as original as I could come up with. I am planning to breed them all, one at a time, and as Onyx was already halfway through elder she is pregnant first. The next night I found a female Unicorn, and having 4 horses already I had no problem inviting her to join us this time around!

Goals
    • Breed with all 3 mares and the unicorn
    • Win all the required races and jumping competitions
    • Win an international cross country competition
    • Make enough money to get to level 10 of the horsewoman career
    edited November 2018

Its All Boys

Amber has gotten all challenges for the riding skill complete, and Mister Ed has all of his challenges done too. Despite the wordings saying 'more then 15' it took 'only' 15 competitions to win both challenges, and as I was planning I did 14 advanced and 1 international. Then I topped it off with 1 international cross country to get Amber's last challenge done, so all of that can be crossed off the list! Right now all 3 adopted horses have given birth to boy foals, which I then sold together with their moms as soon as they grew up. And as Mister Ed is such a brilliant horse with high skills and a lot of races on his name, his foals have sold for around 10, 18 and 19k each. This means Amber has reached the top of the Horsewoman career as well! Right now all I have left is Mister Ed and the black female Unicorn, which is also pregnant with a male foal. As soon as that one is born and grown up I will sell all of the horses and move on to the next season!

Goals
    • Wait for the Unicorn foal to be born
    • Sell all the remaining horses
    • Return the Unicorn back to the wild (I read they can't be sold)
    • Pack up and move out of town
    edited February 2019

The End of the Season

This is an official announcement that Season 7 has come to an end, and this is what she managed to do this season:
    • Skill: Riding
    • Skill: Hunting (Dog)
    • Skill: Hunting (Cat)
    • Skill: Jumping (Horse)
    • Skill: Racing (Horse)
    • Career: Cemetery Worker (PT)
    • Career: Horseman (SE)
    • Father: -
    • Offspring: Hannah Allstar (Clone)

The next post will be the start of season 8!
    edited November 2018
    oHaeUfK.png

SEASON 8 - LUNAR LAKES / OASIS LANDING

University
    • Influence: Rebel
    • Influence: Nerd
    • Influence: Jock

Careers
    • Fulltime: (LL) Art Appraiser - Acquisition
    • Fulltime: (OL-N) Astronomer - Astrophysicist
    • Fulltime: (OL-D) Bot Arena - Arena Mechanic
    • Fulltime: (LL) Law Enforcement - Forensic Analyst
    • Fulltime: (LL) Video Game Developer - Engineer
    • Self Employed: (OL-U) Bot Builder

Skills
    • Primary: Advanced Technology
    • Primary: Bot Building
    • Primary: Laser Rhythm A Con

Activities
    • Occult: Free Choice
    • Occult: Create A Plumbot
    • Offspring: Engineer A Child
    edited November 2018

Landing On The Moon?

The above title is a description of what I felt like zooming in to Lunar Lakes for the first time. A bit of an open door with Lunar in the name, but still! I choose and upgraded the Hanger House for her to move in to and started with the Art Appraiser career. I also made a start with the Laser Rhythm A Con skill. I also built one empty lot with a subway station to help get one of the Laser Rhythm A Con challenges.

This season is also going to be alternating between Lunar Lakes and Oasis Landings. Due to this being the only season that has Oasis Landings involved this is the season where she will be engineering a child, and I thought it would be fun to engineer it with Emit, maybe even marrying him. That is an avenue I am contemplating. For now, this is a kickstart of the season!

Goals
    • Get the Laser Rhythm A Con skill up
    • Achieve any Laser Rhythm A Con challenges
    • Rise in the Art Appraiser career ranks
    • Meet Emit Relevart
    edited November 2018

Full Moon At The Moon?

After the first fulltime career I can say I have noticed something odd: what is Full Moon when you are living at a presumed moon base? Lunar Lakes sounds like its at the moon, right? That's quite funny! So as I said she finished the first career, Art Appraiser - Acquisition Branch, and therefore I placed the time portal in her yard. I have also added to the opening of the season post where each career is to take place, as copied from Llandros' post. She also managed to get to level 10 in the Laser Rhythm A Con skill, and got 2 out of 3 challenge stars. One of which is notably glitched and therefore I tried getting it with the help of this mod. I am not sure if it is the mod that fixed it or not, but she has gotten it! For the third one she needs composition books that can only be bought in the future, so that is on the to do list.

Goals
    • Buy and learn the Laser Rhythm A Con compositions for the last skill challenge
    • Take a class in Advanced Technology in Oasis Landing
    • Take a class in Bot Building in Oasis Landing
    • Apply for the job listed for the Normal Timeline, Astronomy
    edited November 2018

Stars And Bots

I've spend the first of three years in the future, the normal version of Oasis Landing. She finished the Astronomy career, and besides jobs I've focused mostly on the Bot Building skill and it's challenges. I am very pleased to say I managed to finish both. Now that she has just returned to the present we made 7 trait chips that we will be using to create her Plumbot companion. I can't really choose what to pick, but as you can change it's trait chips later I decided to go for a pretty standard set right now. I will definetely use Efficient / Limitless Learning / Sentience / Solar Powered and for the remaining slots I am thinking about Competent Cleaner / HandiBot / RoboNanny. This Plumbot, according to the rules, will live with her the rest of the whole challenge, so not just 1 season.

Goals
    • Join and finish the Video Game Developer career
    • Design and build our companion plumbot
    • Update plumbot to top quality by tune-ups if necessary
    • Play Laser Rhythm A Con for 10 sims for a Legacy Statue
    Not a blogpost this time, but a serious worry. I am seeing a growing list of bugs that I can't seem to fix, and I really worry if I will be able to finish the challenge. First I saw that her rewards traits were messed up, then I saw that all of my fish were gone from my treasure chest, and now all of the sudden I notice that 1 of Ambers 5 traits has just gone poof without any notice. The trouble seems to have started when she went into the future. I have managed to get her missing trait back with Nraas, leading to a complaint that I messed with the time continuum affecting my descendants, but I couldn't fix the others. Whats worse is these seem to be bugs that I can't fix with a fresh save like previous ones. I also have no backup of Amber that I can return to, so it's this or nothing! I am very worried. If anyone knows what is happening here and how I can fix it, or whether this is a known bug of ITF, please let me know!

Back To Before The Future

Well, I found a file of Amber before she traveled to the future. While I was hoping to find a file from before all those above mentioned bugs, at least this gave me the chance to fix her traits and her messed up reward traits BEFORE it messes up with any descendants. So I am back to square before-the-future, and I have to redo the last parts. But at least now she has all of her traits in order! The fish are still gone, and I wonder if that is because fish can't be transported between saves? But I guess I will never know unless I am prepared to try it with new fish. If anyone knows something about this, please tell me!

Goals
    • Buy the Laser Rhythm A Con books in the future
    • Get the Future Tech and Bot Building skills up
    • Get to the top of the Astronomer career again
    • Collect all of the Nanites and Crystal Plants
    edited November 2018

Astronomy, Statues & A Plumbot

After spending some fresh time in Oasis Landing, she has managed to max both the Advanced Science and Bot Building skill, and get to the top of the Astronomy career. She also found all of the nanites and reverse engineered them, and then spend all of her free time creating the cheapest nanite over and over again untill we had made 200. In between she tuned up the robotic consignment specialist until she had gotten 5000+ as tips, so all of those challenge were covered. She also nagged at everyone she met about their holopets, getting 12 out of 13 on her disc. The last one comes with another career which I conveniently forgot. I also noticed that 2 of the 4 previously finished horse riding skills are now noted as not done yet. I am planning to redo them in this season in hopes that it was a 1 time bug, but if they are taken out again I will mark them as completed but bugged!

At the last minute before returning to the present she checked the lotto records, and once back she bought the winning ticket. I also did that before returning to an old backup, and at that time she had won 300.000 with it. This time she won ten times that amount, 3 million! So it wasn't that much trouble to donate 5x 10.000 for future funds to get the first legacy statue. On the same day she made her first Plumbot, a beautiful black and white one that I called Android because I am not very original! I also gave her 5 traitchips: Sentient / Efficient / Solar Powered / Limitless Learning / Competent Cleaner. As she has her skill at level 10 we are allowed to put 7 chips in the Plumbot, but I couldn't decide which ones to choose so I decided to leave those slots open for now. Screenshot of Android:

qAcOCKc.jpg

Goals:
    • Get to the top of the Video Gaming Career
    • Get 10 people to see her play Laser Rhythm A Con for a Legacy Statue
    • Try to lure 4 sims in to buying an outfit from a mannequin for a Legacy Statue
    • Redo the horse racing challenges

Legacy Statue Frustration

I've tried multiple times to get two more Legacy Statues, being 'The Trendsetter' and 'Lustrous Entertainer'. After scouting out old posts with google I found that for the first one you need to actually change the outfits on the mannequin before it registers. Because I had people taking the outfits in my house, but still no Emit. After I actually customized the two pedestals I had and inviting some friends over I finally got it down. I also played some Laser Rhythm A Con for those same friends and they actually watched and payed attention! My count of sims having watched her play went from 2 to 6. So I was encouraged and kept going. Now she has a count of 20 unique sims, of which 18 are done just now, all unique, all in the present. But still no Emit. I saw something about having to go to a big park in an old post, but Lunar Lakes has zero Big Parks. And making a regular park in a big one didn't help either.

QUESTION: What am I doing wrong? HOW do I actually get the Lustrous Entertainer? Anyone who knows, please tell me!

Goals
    • I want the Lustrous Entertainer Legacy Statue!!!!
    • Fix my Horse Racing challenges
    • Set the future to the Utopian version

So Many Tries

This is not a very big blog, because there is only 1 thing I actually achieved in these 2 days of trial and error. The Lustrous Entertainer Legacy Statue. It took nearly 10 different attempts before I finally found out what broke it. I only managed to get it after removing ALL of my Nraas mods and adding this one instead. And spending several days with needs on static playing non-stop 24/7 and getting about 3 sims a day that actually noticed her playing instead of bugging her for autographs. But I have it!!!! And I am so relieved! Therefore my goals for this tiny blog are nearly the same as the last blog.

Goals
    • Fix my Horse Racing challenges
    • Set the future to the Utopian version
    • Travel Back To The Future

Ultimate Bug Challenge?

The blog I WANTED to write was going to go about how my sim maxed out her Video Gaming Career, how she got back to having all 4 stars of the Horse Riding challenges, and how in the meanwhile our very friendly companion Android had not only gotten her Bot Building Skill to level 10 but also managed to learn all 21 Trait Chips, reverse engineer all 20 types of Nanites, and had managed to finish the create 200 nanite challenge. And that, ladies and gentlemen, took a LOT of time. So far the blog that I wanted to write.

In actuality this is starting to turn into an Ultimate Bug Challenge instead, because I wanted to make a backup of my household before leaving to go Back To The Future, and then this happened! After making the backup and moving them back in to their house our dear friend Android had NO traits, NO LT points, NO inventory, NO skills and therefore NO skill challenges. All that hard work for Plum! I am annoyed to no end! Especially since this is for once not a bug with mods, but also happens without mods in the game!

If I find no solution really soon I will just have to sell Android and forgo the requirement to keep a plumbot with us for the remainder of the challenge, because I am NOT going to move about from town to town with an empty shell that gets emptied of anything I taught it to do!

Goals
    • Fix or Sell Android (Cry!!)
    • Set the Future to Utopia
    • Travel Back To The Future
    • Get into the Bot Building Self Employed Career

A Sad Parting

So there is good news and sad news. The good news is, if I take the trait chips out of my plumbot before traveling, and put them back after arriving (assuming they didn't get destroyed) she appears to keep all of her stats. However, I don't know why but my plumbot gets abducted by aliens almost nearly EVERY night. I mean, like, seriously? And so on multiple occasions I tried to intervene by trying to have my sim talk to the alien, but they keep giving me the cold shoulder with grayed out options saying _ is going home. They are only interested in my plumbot.

Once is weird. Twice is huh. But this crazy amount is just getting on my nerves. So I have decided to skip the rule that this specific plumbot has to live with her for the remainder of the challenge. I mean, 11 more seasons worth of kidnappings? Therefore I gave her 2 more trait chips to max her out and sold her shortly after arriving and taking on the bot building career. She sold for a bit over 10k, making my sim jump from level 1 to level 6 right away. And, just like when I had to sell Mister Ed, I was very very sad to see her leave. I felt like a traitor selling my friend like that! But I had to, to keep the game playable. Sigh. Wipe cheek. Now get back to work silly simmer that you are.

Goals
    • Get to level 10 of the bot building career
    • Explore utopia for its specialities
    • Do some collecting while you are here
    • Get ready to move back to Lunar Lakes