Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMS 4 UNIVERSITY ?!?!

When will it happen because I am waiting!

Sim 3 University Life was incredible and I never got to play it because I started with the Sims 4 in 2016.

I've so many posts saying that University Life was next but Get Famous is being released which means it won't be another 5 months until the next major pack and I really want University Life.

Does anyone have ideas?

hope you all are smiling x

Comments

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited November 2018
    I’m sure it will happen. It’s too highly demanded for them to ignore :)

Bet they call it: Get Educated
  • SimsLoverrSimsLoverr Posts: 2 New Member
    University life would be soo cool. hepe theyl add option to go to grade school and high school even tho thats kinda impossible cause that has nothing with univesity life..
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    SimsLoverr wrote: »
    University life would be soo cool. hepe theyl add option to go to grade school and high school even tho thats kinda impossible cause that has nothing with univesity life..

If they went with a "Get Educated" title, it could cover improvements to the current education system for children and teens. I'd like to see a customizable high school system based loosely on the club mechanics from GT -- you choose the specialization for your Sim, the covered activities, and the fellow students, and the game generates an "instructor" already maxed out in the needed skills(s). For example, if you want to do a culinary academy and choose Cooking and Baking as the activities, you'd get a Sim instructor at level 10 in both skills. I'd also like to see a return of private schools (shorter school days/weeks but harder homework) and homeschooling or CL style "study from home" options.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    Er, idea? Building on the Get Educated pack name, it would be cool if the education options for grade school and high school were upgraded.

I'm thinking private school. With a boarding school option. You could have your private school students be day students (where they come home every night) or weekly boarders (at school during the week and home on weekends) or full boarding (kids are just always at school) I think it would be really cool. A higher quality education could earn you scholarships to college or maybe a further start in a career. You could have the interview with the headmaster like in Sims 2 or you could just have a tuition fee that parents have to pay.
  • NellionkingiNellionkingi Posts: 28 Member
    Yess, we need it!
    I’ll show you the dark side.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

Sim 3 University Life was incredible and I never got to play it because I started with the Sims 4 in 2016.

I've so many posts saying that University Life was next but Get Famous is being released which means it won't be another 5 months until the next major pack and I really want University Life.

Does anyone have ideas?

Imho, University Life should have been the next EP and not GF however guess the powers that be thought different. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Does anyone have ideas?

Imho, University Life should have been the next EP and not GF however guess the powers that be thought different. :)

the last two EPs (Cats&Dogs, and Seasons) were popular EPs.. It's time for a different idea then (popular) idea.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    IT won't be an ep, nor a gp, just a stuff pack. It will contain new book shelves, more books, desks, lamps, a laptop, and the ability to send sims off to do exams. Have they studied? No? Too bad, they have exams anyway!
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Kimber_TAC_2Kimber_TAC_2 Posts: 37 Member
    Oh yes please! A university pack would be great fun!
  • zkettellzkettell Posts: 33 Member
    I really love the idea of Get Educated so here are my ideas

For universities

-Multiple Universities in different locations
    -Ability to visit university campus for like shops and stuff if you aren’t a student
    -University sports
    -The ability to still have a job while at University
    -The ability to set the length of a term anywhere from 7 days to 18 days
    -The ability to go to class with your sims (like get to work)
    -The ability to choose the classes for you sim that go towards their major
    -The ability to have minors
    -Professor Career
    -Some jobs require a university degree

For Schools

-Sumer vacation with seasons installed
    -The ability to go to school with your sims without the mod
    -Education career
    -The ability to go to school with teacher sims
    -The ability for sims to choose electives which focus on skill building for future careers and life
    -school divided by terms and years (freshmen, sophomore, junior, senior year for high school)
    -The ability for students to makeup credits that they failed during summer school
    -Homeschooling and online schooling
    -Graduation

• EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I have been waiting for this since Sims 4 came out. I hope it will be a combination of features from Sims 2 University, Sims 3 University Life and new features that haven't been in either game.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Would it be as good as in TS3 though?

Or will it be 'dorms that you cannot edit' and a campus that is just a backdrop?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited November 2018

Does anyone have ideas?

Why do you say it was incredible if you've never played it?

Sims 2 University was better them University Life in my opinion, but TS3's version of university had some neat stuff as well.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • M_Valentine22M_Valentine22 Posts: 203 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Does anyone have ideas?

Why do you say it was incredible if you've never played it?

Sims 2 University was better them University Life in my opinion, but TS3's version of university had some neat stuff as well.

I saw videos on youtube
    hope you all are smiling x
  • SerxphicallySerxphically Posts: 19 Member
    > @Modsey said:
    > Er, idea? Building on the Get Educated pack name, it would be cool if the education options for grade school and high school were upgraded.
    >
    > I'm thinking private school. With a boarding school option. You could have your private school students be day students (where they come home every night) or weekly boarders (at school during the week and home on weekends) or full boarding (kids are just always at school) I think it would be really cool. A higher quality education could earn you scholarships to college or maybe a further start in a career. You could have the interview with the headmaster like in Sims 2 or you could just have a tuition fee that parents have to pay.

I agree with you on the boarding school option, it was great in the Sims 3 when I could send my sims to boarding school as I could focus more on the parents and their skills.
    everything is neon
  • Voldarian_EmpireVoldarian_Empire Posts: 134 Member
    edited November 2018
    @M_Valentine22

Sim 3 University Life was incredible and I never got to play it

😒😒
    😅😂🤣
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited November 2018
    The Sims 4: Get To College will probably release around fall 2019.

Quote me on that.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Quote me on that.

Stop with the get names puhlease.

Just name it TS4 School Days or TS4 Into College or TS4 College Life.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Quote me on that.

Stop with the get names puhlease.

Just name it TS4 School Days or TS4 Into College or TS4 College Life.

The Sims 4 Get a new University world backdrop?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • BingBangBingBongBingBangBingBong Posts: 68 Member
    The Sims 4 Get Crippling Student Loan Debt?

If we ever want this silly naming scheme to end we’ll need to purchase The Sims 4 Get Rid of the Gets for the low low price of $39.99
    The Sims 4 Get Crippling Student Loan Debt?

If we ever want this silly naming scheme to end we’ll need to purchase The Sims 4 Get Rid of the Gets for the low low price of $39.99

The get rid of gets to get rid of all gets? :no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    I've removed some posts that were derailing the conversation. Please carry on. :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Would it be as good as in TS3 though?

Or will it be 'dorms that you cannot edit' and a campus that is just a backdrop?

I liked Sims 3 Uni and even though Sims 2 Uni was hard at first I enjoyed that one as well and I felt like like was going to college in Sims 2 Uni. Trying to find an balance in my sims schedule to achieve thier goals was hard at first but I got it done. However when I played Sims 3 it was easy and relaxing and I liked the mechanics of how it worked in them going to college and there was no coffee used and they got to sleep and still party. I am worried if Uni comes to Sims 4 because it may not be the way I would believe it would work and that is looking at previous packs in Sims 4.It working better than Sims 3 I don't know, not having the ability to edit dorms and having backdrops for me is an minus.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • LanieBorneLanieBorne Posts: 74 Member

Quote me on that.

I hope so!
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I would like for Uni. Is Online classes and laptops, Majors for skill and Job use. sorority and fraternity also coed.
    Dorms and household.
    Student Hangout. Also option of going to games. Everyone should go to uni not just YA like adults and elders like the Sims 3. Also have a two week and 4 week like Sims 3 so you wont have to be stuck like the Sims 2 and Graduation.

Education Pack
    Elementary should have field trips, bring home art work from school that you can stick on the fridge, picture day, do like extra credit like read a book and do a book report. I like how they could research the pet rodent but what about the grass and leaves.
    I think we should have Preteens play sports majority outside activity, a little more homework then an elementary school kid they would also have field trip but not as much. Picture Day, Dances.
    Highschool should have the grade year freshman sophomore etc. So we can know the difference between a teen and ya. Prom, games, homecoming, thryshould also have cliques like the popular clique nerd clique etc... Graduation.