Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• 13Vader13Vader Posts: 178 Member
    Congrats to the builders: @sawdust, @xamira99 and @honeybrained. And thanks for choosing my family @BuildnShare! :)
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Many congratulations to all the winners, excellent work :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Thank you @13Vader , @masajo & @BreeMiles ! :)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    Congratulations everyone and thanks for the feedback. Now if only EA Maxis would love my hanging baskets enough to make some for the game so I don't have to. ;)
  • TonyWGusTonyWGus Posts: 8 New Member
    Congratulations to all the winners of BNS104, amazing creations all.
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    congrats to all the winners, great job everyone and thank you @BuildnShare for the awesome feedback :smiley:
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert Results for #BnS105 - Life After Life

@Green_Girly100
    7QMqXQx.png
    Wolfsblane Mausoleum is such a wonderful creation set amidst a graveyard with a fabulous array of gravestones. The heavy wrought iron fencing surrounding the lot ensures much security and privacy and the unkempt grounds make for a lovely eerie atmosphere. The Mausoleum stands peacefully alone and is the perfect entrance to the magnificent castle below. The layout of the living areas is spacious and well designed. The stairs lead to a grand hall which is very sumptuous and luxurious with it's dark wood panelled walls and pops of red. The fire gives a warm and cosy feel for relaxing while listening to music or playing the piano. I really like how the colour and texture scheme flows from room to room which makes each of them feel very interlinked. The chess room is another wonderful room to relax in and I love the wine rack feature in the dining room. Very stately bedroom with the large regal bed and the arches to the en-suite and dressing room really add to the authenticity. I also really like the antiquated kitchen with the central island, looks very olde worlde.

Suggestions: We judge primarily on the slideshow so it is important to show a few shots of each room so we see them at different angles. We also like to be taken on a 'tour' of the build with each picture titled. I do like the idea of the indoor 'virtual' garden and you have done a fantastic job with the pool, the smoke effects are amazing. However there is little else in this area. I would have decorated the walls with things that could be in the sky and perhaps added pathways leading to different areas. Plants and sculptures here and there would also have added more interest.

3gHHX7s.png
    The Winner is....
    @Green_Girly100

IgprUFA.jpg
    3gHHX7s.png

Expert Sim Challenge Results for #BnS105 - Life After Life

@CaramelLibra29
    M1dEg5s.png
    Your portrayal of Mr Seth is first class, what an incredible Grand Master! I really like the little summary of his background, being a member of The Simternational Grand Master Club which includes monthly meetings and hosting the Grand Vampire Ball. His facial features of the 'dark form' hold much history, the crows feet around his eyes and pursed lips are wrinkles which tell a million tales. The outfits you have chosen are spot on and suit him well and it's wonderful to see him enjoying himself at the Grand Master Meeting.
    3gHHX7s.png
    The Winner is… @CaramelLibra29
    94NIO7j.jpg
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Congrats @Green_Girly100 and @CaramelLibra29. CaramelLibra29, your Mr. Seth is so creepy! :)
    image.png
  • psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    Excited for the results!
    tumblr_oz7ve3uIkz1uz57gao1_540.jpg
    edited November 2018
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results for #BnS105 Life After Life

@iampes23
    The surface of this build is quite spooky! I love the dead trees and tilted gravestones. The mausoleum is nicely done. Love the columns and the heavy, mysterious double doors. I love your running commentary on the lot through your photo captions - very creative and entertaining! Interesting how you’ve been able to create a natural, green color scheme in the living area despite the underground status. Good use of MOO and the object resizing controls. Very creative “event” room. The Halloween buffet table is just perfect!

Suggestions: I love the brick herringbone flooring, but the brick on the wall didn’t quite match in color. Is there another all siding you could have used? The decorations added great visual interest, but the mix of sinister and silly was a bit discontinuous at times.
    p0JIjLq.png

@SimsIslandHeart
    Comments: I love the story that you are weaving with your slideshow! The hidden aspect of the lot is nicely executed. The entertaining spaces are elegant with a slightly gothic or spooky vibe to them. Downstairs, the red touches and dark wood continue the gothic feel to the space. I love the use of the red curtain on the archway leading into the master bath. The bathroom counters are quite elegant. Oh, my - that howling wolf head was so unexpected and creative!

Suggestions: Compared to the bar and living space, the kitchen is a tad informal. I like the cozy feel of the downstairs living area, but the pictures were too dark to see all the details.
    lt6wows.png

*@SimTresa
    This is a very clever disguise of the lot with tons of curb appeal. I love the chosen fencing and the layout of the cemetery and gardens inside. Good use of terrain paints. I like the stone pattern you’ve chosen for the walls and the coordinating stone flooring. The furnishings are elegant and refined. Good use of decorative objects throughout. I really like the little TV alcove with bookcases on each side. Very nice kitchen, and I love all the details in the laundry room. I’ve never used that tile pattern in the bathrooms, but I really like it!

Suggestions: There were a couple of decor items that didn’t flow with the overall interior design (ex. graffiti decoration in the bar area and blue rug in the master bath). Be mindful of cohesiveness.
    8diEmFy.png

*@sawdust123
    The grounds of this lot are just beautiful. I especially like the hanging lantern trees and fountain/arbor. The lily pads in the fountain and the plants surrounding the stone gazebo are lovely. The diagonally recessed front gate is a creative touch. The interiors are stately and elegant. This doesn’t look like a crypt but rather an elegant subterranean home. The recessed art nooks are very nicely done. I like the stylish kitchen and the art deco influences in the dining area. The diagonal placement of the clawfoot tub is fantastic. The master bedroom is dramatic and fits with the client’s personality.

Suggestions: I’m concerned that you didn’t quite follow the client’s wish to only have “what must be above ground for access.” There seemed to be quite a bit more above ground than was necessary for access.
    nNuQeye.png

**@13Vader
    The spooky feel of this lot is perfectly captured in your rainstorm pictures! Solis Effugiunt is perfectly camouflaged with your landscaping. I love how your trees and bushes grow into the wrought iron fencing and even into the oversized rocks. Wow - what a cool multi-level effect to this lot. The use of ivy and other plants on the walls below is fantastic. The creepy pools are very cool - amazing waterfall effects. The interiors are sombre with a gothic bent. Great job blending modern entertainments into the vintage settings. That blood red tile in the bathroom is a fantastic touch. Love the downstairs area - very creative yet comfortable for the client.

Suggestions: Not a whole lot I can think to add! You chose a distinctive design theme and rendered it well throught the build. Great job!
    wsQ7lzf.png

@maryjane2joe☆
    How cute - I love the reaper gnome standing guard at the property gate! The terrain paint and paths through the surface garden are very nicely done. Great job on creating the flower beds. The fountains that are nestled in the plantings fit well, and the slightly overgrown feel is perfect for the client. The entrance to the underground abode blends well into the garden space.Cute juice bar - I love the pic of the dog snoozing on the sofa. The skeletons guarding the relics are fantastic. The bedroom/entertaining area contains a great array of activities to keep guests involved in any social gatherings the client might hold. The casket bedroom downstairs is the most understated and best designed rooms of the build.

Suggestions: Just one overall suggestion, and that would be to edit a bit. When you’re done decorating, take a step back and remove a bit of clutter. For example, maybe two or three statues in the living room instead of five. Also, the grey/pink tile floor design was visually stimulating enough without the mosaic rugs laid on top of it. A solid color rug would have been more impactful here. Less is often more in design.
    pOSnlBn.jpg

@FidgetyAtom
    yyMlINY.jpg
    Comments: Quoll Hollow is very well executed. Nice use of terrain tools and minimal landscaping. The niches on the side of the build are a nice touch and give it a great deal of character. The clock tower is clever and adds interest to the lot. The rooms that you chose to include in the build are well thought out and fit the brief. Nice job with the flooring. Nicely done!

Suggestions: It would have been nice to have had overhead pics of the floorplan, so I could tell how each room related to the others. Your interiors have just the right amount of furnishings and clutter, however the styles, at times, were not cohesive. A gate would have helped ensure privacy and add some interest.

@TinkPlays
    n9KzDvQ.png
    Comments: The Vampire Church is a very spooky build. The architecture and landscaping is well done and would certainly deter unwanted guests. The idea of hiding his lair under a church is clever. The floorplan is very straight forward and works quite well. The choice of wall coverings is spot on. Well done!

Suggestions: Your choice of items and placement overall was very good, however some choices really stick out. For example the bar and the aquarium coffee table don’t really fit the feel of the build. It would have been nice to have seen some artwork along that long hallway. The idea of the church was very clever, however the brief specifically said no windows. Overall this build was well executed.

@TonyWGus
    VPQrSPX.png
    Comments: Widowshild Townhome is a delightfully spooky build. The architecture fits in well with Forgotten Hollow. Very clever blending the chimneys in with the stone wall. The floorplan is well thought out and object choice and placement is great. Your wall coverings are well chosen and makes one forget that this is an underground abode. Excellent job.

Suggestions: Your subterfuge was quite clever and blends well with the neighborhood, however the brief was very specific that there were to be no windows. This is a very creative build, but sadly I was unable to find your build on the gallery and there for unable to confirm the budget. That means you're not eligible for a place award this round.

@AfterMidnight
    aJDFSdS.png
    Comments: Inconspicuous Bunker is a unique interpretation of the brief and well executed. The layout is well thought out and fits the brief. The entertaining space is spacious and multi-functional. The niches in this room are very creative and the fountain is down right creepy. The descriptions on your pics were enjoyable and very helpful. Well done!

Suggestions: The receiving room felt out of place in this dwelling. Try to stick to one style of decorating and use it throughout your build. You put so much thought into your floorplan and bunker concept, but did very little with the landscaping. Yes, it is in the desert, but there are trees, bushes, rocks and cacti in the desert.

@Solushen
    HVr3rSe.png
    Comments: Mr Seth’s Hideaway is a very nice build. I really like that you went with more of a contemporary feel with the interiors. That front bathroom certainly will make the guests happy, no lines here. Your rooms are spacious and the layout provides a good amount of separation between the common areas and the private areas. The lower basement with the hidden entrance and the coffin is a nice touch. This is a very nice build.

Suggestions: The landscaping seems a bit sparse, some more trees or some bushes would have helped. The entry way seems a little bare too, perhaps if you were to move the stairs to one side or the other, it would have allowed room for a seating area. The caribbean wall covering seems a little out of place here. Overall your interiors were cohesive, but my concern is the lack of activities. An easel, chess table, game table, musical instruments or even a stereo would have been nice for the guests to enjoy. Overall this was a very enjoyable build.

@RachelShennan
    CqMTn8L.png
    Comments: Hindquarter Hideaway looks like a long forgotten shack from the outside. However the interiors are light, bright and luxurious. The office, gym and indoor outdoor space are very nice touches. The rooms are spacious and I love that the central staircase is open to the living room and kitchen, very clever.
    Suggestions: It appears that you have thought of everything, but I would have liked to have seen some landscaping on the back half of the lot. Maybe just 2 or 3 trees and some bushes. Other then that I really don’t see anything else. Great job!

3gHHX7s.png

JPeO0SB.jpg

And the winner is...
    @13Vader
    And we also think you should be entering in the Expert category going forward! :)

2nd Place goes to:
    @RachelShennah

3rd Place goes to
    @Sawdust123 & @TresaofPern

4th Place goes to
    @FidgetyAtom
    3gHHX7s.png

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Thank you! And congrats to the other winners! :)
    edited November 2018
    13Vader wrote: »

@13Vader We forgot to mention when posting above, but you have been promoted to the Advanced Category. Congrats!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    13Vader wrote: »

@13Vader We forgot to mention when posting above, but you have been promoted to the Advanced Category. Congrats!

Wow! that's awesome! thank you! :)
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Room Results for #BnS105 Life After Life

@Iampes23
    I like your wall and flooring stone choices. Good job incorporating the Spooky pack items. Good choice of furniture and wall decorations. Love the gnome reaper! The cell full of mannequin “victims” lends a creepy vibe to the room. I’m afraid to imagine what’s going to be served up on that buffet!
    [img][/img]5QHNrSk.png

@SimsIslandHeart

Your room is very classically decorated with a nod towards the gothic. The howling wolf shape of the room is genius! I love all the entertainment options for sims in this room. It’s very multi-functional.
    obCsna9.png

@13Vader
    Vamptertainment is a lovely room from the antique wallpaper to the red furnishings throughout. It definitely has a gothic feel to it, and I can see the client being right at home here. The seating area around the pipe organ is very nicely done.Love the live action shots!
    bsJC89X.png

3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is… @SimsIslandheart
    DniY6Jh.png
    3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited November 2018
    HVCdrRO.png
    Established SIM Results for #BnS105 Life After Life
    3gHHX7s.png

@iampes23
    tzgF3Eo.png
    Seth Andrew Pettigrew is a very striking vampire. His green eyes are very piercing and I’m sure he does well with the ladies. Your choice of outfits is well done and the choice of a wide brim hat for his hot day clothing was very wise. Your story about Seth was entertaining and I hope he found some nourishment. Well done!

@SimsIslandheart
    sethadamsonbanner.jpg
    Seth Adamson certainly has a youthful appearance. Your back story was very well done and displayed his skills quite well. Nicely Done

@SimTresa
    6lXV0xI.png
    Seth Fargough seems like quite a character. Now I have to ask... is that his natural hair color? It’s great that you went a diiferent way with Seth, after all I couldn’t imagine all vampires having black hair. Your story for Seth seemed well thought out. Very creative!

@Green_Girly100
    tumblr_pgqwseBLYi1s4po2io1_1280.png
    Seth Penrose of Wolfsblane Mausoleum certainly appears to be distinguished and certainly a gentleman. Your choice of outfits fits very well for this challenge. Well done!

@13Vader
    SGvQa97.png
    Mr Seth Plasmassen seems to be quite ambitious. Your story was very entertaining and at times funny. It was great that you showed his outfits both as human and as a vampire. It seems that Seth has a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde thing going on. Super job!
    3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is….

@13Vader

mUUmw9e.jpg
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Congrats, #13Vader.
    image.png
    SimTresa wrote: »
    Congrats, #13Vader.

Thank you and congrats to the winners! :)
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    Congrats to all the winners! <3
    edited November 2018
    fcuRqPI.png
    Starting Out Results for #BnS105 - Life after Life

@psykt
    uR0IsbS.png
    Such an eerie vibe on the outside of the house. I love it, I think it suits the client perfectly.
    I like what you did with the inner wall between the windows, so it looks like an actual house on the outside, but doesn’t have any windows connecting to the rooms itself.
    Your interior is very stylish and elegant. Well done. We can see you worked well with the feedback from last time and provided more screenshots as well as a layout top view of the floors, but keep in mind that when you take screenshots, you don't zoom out too much, because that creates a fisheye effect, distorting the image ;)

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is....
    @psykt
    46077559_2218560158163484_7664023081312059392_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-amt2-1.xx&oh=55c7c8cf7d24bbbb391d2f08ca25c28e&oe=5C89F579
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    Congrats everyone! All the builds, sims, and rooms were lovely! <3
    edited November 2018
    HVCdrRO.png
    Established Results for #BnS106 That Entrepreneurial Spirit

@TinkPlays
    The overall design of the build looks wonderful, and has a nice curb appeal, the water fountain setting area looks wonderful, the shops seem to have just enough room for entrepreneurial just starting out! The design of the parking lot looks wonderful and the landscaping fits with it very well with a nice mixer of plants! I could see my sims starting a business here!

Suggestions:
    This is a great place for our sims to start out, I think I would have added a gate to the back of the fenced in area, so our owner sims could access it from behind, and adding some roof trim, and a bit more colorful flowers to offset all the grey.
    N55Mufw.png

@Aljay
    The overall design of your build is wonderful, It’s wonderful how you have fixed the parking area in front and you didn’t leave out our handicap sims, very creative idea with the bike racks, makes me want bikes in Sims 4! The detail on the roof looks nice, and creative moo work for the signs, and overall nice curb appeal! The shops look interesting and I could see my sims starting their careers here!

Suggestions:
    I think it would have been nice to see a handicap ramp to go along with the handicap parking spot. I would have like to seen a picture of the first floor also, but other than that the build is wonderful and our sims will enjoy this space!
    MVQQWNU.png

@Soloushen
    I really like how each space has its on color! Wonderful curb appeal in front, It’s wonderful how you have outlined the waking area and the colors you have chosen have really set it off, and it fits in well with its surroundings, not to mention the strung lights looks nice also! It’s nice that the first floor is already set up with counters and our sims can focus on adding the items they are going to sell! I really like the curb appeal in the back of the lot and how the vehicles can park semi under the covered roof! It’s a really nice build and I think our sims will enjoy starting there careers here!

Suggestions:
    I think the top roof’s needed a little something more. Maybe need to go long length and added doomers? The front porch pattern would have looked better running long length also. Other than that the build is wonderful! Our sims will have much fun here!
    qSrV9LE.png

@RachelShennan
    Wonderful curb appeal, nice blend of landscaping and parking area, nice area for our sims to relax and have some food from the vendor's while we shop! I really enjoyed seeing the broom/utility closets that was a nice touch! Great views from the counters to outside, our sims can enjoy watching the customers as they come and go! The sunk in fountain in front looks nice! Overall wonderful build!
    Suggestions:
    I think the roof in the back needed pulled out a bit to match the other roofing. The broom/utility closet flooring could have been the same as the rest of the flooring. Other than that I think its a wonderful build and our sims will enjoy starting their career here!
    [CUJddnx.png

@xamira99
    Wonderful curb appeal, the landscaping works nicely with this lot and location, just the right amount! I really like how the cubes are stacked and makes for a very interesting spot! I really enjoyed seeing the covered bike and parking area, that really sets it off! Our sims will enjoy the view from each balcony! The black and white color scheme really works for this lot and gives it a beautiful touch! Overall wonderful build!

Suggestions:
    I think I would have maybe change the sidewalk color to blend in more with the black & white of the build. Other than that I think our sims would enjoy starting their career here!
    hYPna4v.png

@Adniram00
    Wonderful curb appeal, I really enjoy the overall design of the lot, and it seems to fit in nicely with its surroundings! I really like the birds eye view of this lot, it shows the landscaping detail nicely, and the one full build in the back and the two single builds in the front really makes it sound out! The setting areas along the outside looks nice! The interior colors you have chosen for each build is really nice! Beautiful views with those doors and windows our sims will enjoy seeing the customers comings and goings! Nice selections of different ideas for the store was nice to see!

Suggestions:
    I think it could have used less of the wall vines for the landscaping. Other than that the build looks wonderful and I think our sims would enjoy starting out here!
    UWcLNpk.png

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is… @xamira99
    Second Place goes to… @Adniram00

XhIFlRt.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    Congrats @xamira99 and @adniram00
    image.png
    edited November 2018
    HVCdrRO.png
    Established SIM Results for #BnS106 That Entrepreneurial Spirit

@AlJay
    I really enjoyed seeing the pictures of Violet working away in her bakery. She really seemed to be enjoying it! You did a wonderful job on creating her :)
    ZgbPNnM.png

@RachelShennan
    Cora looks wonderful and seems to be enjoy her pet store really well. Her outfit fits nicely with the theme of the store! Wonderful job on creating her :)

L5cUy8t.png

3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is… @RachelShennan

e1CO4nc.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file