Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So what do you think they're announcing during the next Maxis Monthly?

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    It's hidden content? What does that mean, and how did he play it if it's hidden? And he got to play it and record it? I don't get it, if it's hidden content how he did either one.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    It's hidden content? What does that mean, and how did he play it if it's hidden? And he got to play it and record it? I don't get it, if it's hidden content how he did either one.

I guess maybe he meant hidden as in until the embargo lifts?
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    I'm hoping burglars. The rumour is going around because of the money vault.

I can almost garuntee you it's not burglars sadly.

One of the people who saw it said they played with it So much, almost more than get famous.

You can't really play with burglars.

You can if they're a playable career.

Criminal is already a career, and kleptomaniac is already a trait. What woulf a specific burglar career offer us in terms of new gameplay that either of these didnt?

I doubt theyd patch in an active career like that.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Its hidden to US, but sims camp got to play it early and record. We will find out Tuesday.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited November 2018

They say "it depends on your gameplay and opinions" I don't know Pixelade or their gameplay and opinions.
    For the people that follow Pixelade, what would you say it's their opinion and gameplay?
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • BingBangBingBongBingBangBingBong Posts: 68 Member
    They say "it depends on your gameplay and opinions" I don't know Pixelade or their gameplay and opinions.
    For the people that follow Pixelade, what would you say it's their opinion and gameplay?

Doesn’t he mainly do Let’s Plays? I don’t watch Pixelade either so I can’t speak to his actual play style but a majority of his videos seem to be LP related. So the feature might be geared toward live mode players (don’t know what else to call you guys who actually play the game lol). Could it be the memory system? Babies? Official in-game support for community created challenges? Pixelade seems to be a challenge oriented let’s player...🤔
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    It's all on ''how you play your game'' sounds more like personalities for me lol.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'm starting to think it could be improved babies 🤔
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited November 2018
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    I'm hoping burglars. The rumour is going around because of the money vault.

I can almost garuntee you it's not burglars sadly.

One of the people who saw it said they played with it So much, almost more than get famous.

You can't really play with burglars.

You can if they're a playable career.

Criminal is already a career, and kleptomaniac is already a trait. What woulf a specific burglar career offer us in terms of new gameplay that either of these didnt?

I doubt theyd patch in an active career like that.

I think sometimes people forget that the developers have the ability to pretty much change whatever they want. For example, the criminal career could be updated to make it active. An active burglar career would obviously offer different gameplay than the current rabbit hole career. I've always wanted to be able to actually break into sim's homes (jimmy the lock, climb through a window, etc.) and risk getting caught or arrested. Anyway, it's just a theory and anything's possible.

Also, I don't mean active career like acting or GTW. I'm thinking of something similar to City Living. They could absolutely patch something like that in, just like they're patching in the style influencer.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member
    I'm thinking maybe some kind of create-a-career. It would tie in with the patch and with the pack.

I saw another Simmer suggest a create-a-challenge, because of the "positivity challenge" from the livestream, which could be feasible.

In any case, I do hope it's something we can customize as players.
    #Team Occult
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited November 2018
    Ohh, I'm still reading this thread, but a "Create a challenge" would be soo cool. Especially if the game will start catering really well with challenges. Like, kind of how that stuff pack, Off The Grid or whatever it's called would have been a great pack for starting from nothing and working our way up. Also, Get Famous is kind of catering to the "Rags to Riches" challenge.
  • Joel2810Joel2810 Posts: 989 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I'm thinking maybe some kind of create-a-career. It would tie in with the patch and with the pack.

I saw another Simmer suggest a create-a-challenge, because of the "positivity challenge" from the livestream, which could be feasible.

In any case, I do hope it's something we can customize as players.

Create-a-career would be really cool!
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member

Doesn’t he mainly do Let’s Plays? I don’t watch Pixelade either so I can’t speak to his actual play style but a majority of his videos seem to be LP related. So the feature might be geared toward live mode players (don’t know what else to call you guys who actually play the game lol). Could it be the memory system? Babies? Official in-game support for community created challenges? Pixelade seems to be a challenge oriented let’s player...🤔

Maybe it's an option to call Jasmine Holiday anytime we want to initiate one of the seasonal challenges? Egg hunt, Growfruit challenge, Day of the dead, Plantsim Challenge, the new Positivity Challenge and I think there was also a Trick and Treat challenge once. This would certainly be Meh to many, but some (like me) have asked for such a feature from time to time and would be exited about it.
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    -Pixelade said it was something he could spend a while playing around with.
    -Simmer Johnny said it was something we'd lose our minds over/a game changer
    -The devs have said its something small but fun.

At this point they can't say anything too direct because there's an embargo that lifts on the 6th, but perhaps unknowingly a few other game-changers on youtube have made other small comments that could point us in the right direction?

Things we know it isn't:
    -Terrain tools, they're no secret and were announced a few weeks ago.
    -The self-employment option, also not a secret
    -The positivity challenge, it doesn't seem like something to make a big deal over?

Things (we hope) it could be:
    -Burglars/Police NPCs
    -An update to babies
    -Spiral Staircases
    -Cars
    -Create A World: there was a sims modder who made the multiplayer mod who also was working on a CAW tool. They went quiet and shut down their discord recently so it seems like EA may have nabbed them to help work on the game)
    -Following up on that last one, since they did make sims 4 multiplayer it's possible EA has grabbed them to make Sims 4 Multiplayer a proper feature in the game? I could see that as being described as something small by the devs, while I'm sure it would have been a huge task in terms of coding and development, in the terms of the game I could define it as a "small" addition because all it would really do is allow people to play together. It could also be described as something huge and game-changing by the community and be something you could spend a while playing with if you got the chance to playtest it.

All this being said, I see the last two as very unlikely but I would be stoked if one of them were the feature.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member

Pixelade is a Youtuber and a Game Changer.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNkV9LOzaWE
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited November 2018

Pixelade is a Youtuber and a Game Changer.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNkV9LOzaWE

Yes, but what I meant is: what does Pixelade like? Is this person into some specific type of gameplay? Do they build a lot? What kind of Let's Play does Pixelade make? Does Pixelade play more with families, or single YA, or very rich sims, or is Pixelade a deviant player?
    Since on the tweets they state it will be excited for some like themselves, I wonder what could be exciting for this person.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
    edited November 2018
    It’s important to remember that the “fun but small” comment was made before the Positivity Challenge leak. Kate tweeted that comment on Oct 12.

The Positivity Challenge wasn’t leaked until Oct 26 during the Get Famous livestream. I believe Kate was referring to the challenge in her original tweet as they had not planned on leaking the details of the challenge until Nov 6. However, the challenge is not the mystery feature. The assumed conflict in opinion from the gurus and game changers revolves around that tweet and nothing else. It is important that this be taken into account.
    -
    -Burglars/Police NPCs
    -An update to babies
    -Spiral Staircases
    -Cars
    -Create A World: there was a sims modder who made the multiplayer mod who also was working on a CAW tool. They went quiet and shut down their discord recently so it seems like EA may have nabbed them to help work on the game)
    -Following up on that last one, since they did make sims 4 multiplayer it's possible EA has grabbed them to make Sims 4 Multiplayer a proper feature in the game? I could see that as being described as something small by the devs, while I'm sure it would have been a huge task in terms of coding and development, in the terms of the game I could define it as a "small" addition because all it would really do is allow people to play together. It could also be described as something huge and game-changing by the community and be something you could spend a while playing with if you got the chance to playtest it.
    Going to clear one thing up here as I was the first one who brought this creator up in the thread. Their discord server was not recently shut down. A while back there was some drama between the creator and some of their moderators and the creator closed the discord when it became a toxic cesspool. They reopened a new discord which is currently active. They still update the multiplayer mod once in a while but other than that they have gone pretty quiet in the community.

I also don’t think an official multiplayer patch would be considered small. Considering Sims 4 was cobbled together because Olympus was a giant stinky leaf pile that couldn’t be deleted, implementing multiplayer is definitely way more complicated than meets the eye. However, we already established that “fun but small” and “omg mystery feature” are not the same thing. Soooo there’s a chance multiplayer could be on the agenda along with burglars, babies, stairs, etc.

Speaking of babies, might as well debunk them as fun but small. Kate is not really the hinty type, so I’m choosing to read her comment at face value. This is also why I think she was referring to the challenge and not the mystery feature in her tweet. It is technically a feature, small, but designed to be fun by their definition. Notice how the devs are relying solely on the game changers to hype the mystery feature. EAxis technically hasn’t said a peep about it...except SimGuruGhost who got too excited on the terrain stream and let it slip that he worked on something secret too.

The devs also strike me as not the type of people who are overly fond of gameplay overhauls. Think about all the broken features that still aren’t patched from older packs. Now think about babies - a 3 day life state that is pretty boring but definitely not broken. I really don’t think they’re going to risk breaking a life state that is currently functional just because Grant was blowing smoke up our butts about better babies on Twitter several months ago. And that’s all I have to say about that.

If it’s really cars then this whole mystery feature is just one big troll job and I want my time back. Hope they include a clown car so I can make sim versions of all the devs, put them in fursuits, pile them into the car and drive them straight into the giant festering leaf piles that bedeck all of my Sims’ front yards. Game Of The Year, guys.

Boo. My clown car demolition derby dreams are over.

What if the new feature is...death by undeletable stinky leaf piles? Your sim tries to rake it up and dies. Then they become a undeletable stinky leaf pile. It’s no longer a bug, it’s a feature.
    https://simsvip.com/2018/11/05/watch-live-the-sims-4-maxis-monthly-get-famous-live-stream-november-6th-2018/
    "Maxis has not revealed any details on what they plan to announce, but it’s rumored to be some type of feature related to the game’s UI control."
    https://simsvip.com/2018/11/05/watch-live-the-sims-4-maxis-monthly-get-famous-live-stream-november-6th-2018/
    "Maxis has not revealed any details on what they plan to announce, but it’s rumored to be some type of feature related to the game’s UI control."

Interesting, but a lot of SimVip’s recent intel comes from combing the forums, just like us. They got booted off the game changer island when they got in a cat fight with SimGuruDrake before she peaced out and left the studio for greener pastures(?) They aren’t invited to Sim Camps anymore because they are now considered an evil stepchild. Not saying that they are completely uninformed, but they are no longer that much more informed than us.

The good noodle game changers aren’t going to spill the simoleans and risk their EA swag bags in exchange for some gossip. They definitely aren’t going to spill it to the evil stepchild unless they’re itching to get demonitized.

However, I don’t doubt that the UI change might be related to the feature. Especially if it’s the obviously half empty world select screen 😉
    edited November 2018

Interesting, but a lot of SimVip’s recent intel comes from combing the forums, just like us. They got booted off the game changer island when they got in a cat fight with SimGuruDrake before she peaced out and left the studio for greener pastures(?) They aren’t invited to Sim Camps anymore because they are now considered an evil stepchild. Not saying that they are completely uninformed, but they are no longer that much more informed than us.

The good noodle game changers aren’t going to spill the simoleans and risk their EA swag bags in exchange for some gossip. They definitely aren’t going to spill it to the evil stepchild unless they’re itching to get demonitized.

However, I don’t doubt that the UI change might be related to the feature. Especially if it’s the obviously half empty world select screen 😉

Yes, I know. However since she attended many events in the past, she knows most of the game changers and likely still talks with some of them. It's not out of the realm of possibility that one of her friends has told her what it is, or at the very least, gave her a clue. Who knows.
  • NatachaNatacha Posts: 64 Member
    I really didn't think this could happen to me anymore.... BUT I AM HYPED :D
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member

I don't know how much you could play with the world screen. What about a tool for organising our inventories? If you've got a lot of junk, I mean, valuable collectibles, you could spend quite a bit of time with this. It also counts as a tool, which was mentioned somewhere. And some Simmers wouldn't care about the feature, since they don't collect a lot of stuff, while others have been asking for this.

I'm still leaning toward an attraction system - it would require a UI change and you could play with it (setting up attractions for each of your Sims), and it could also be called a tool. That would make sense with the game changer who had to edit out a steamy kiss.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Pixelade kept emphasizing the word death when talking about the secret feature. He said I love it to DEATH. I'm DYING to tell you. I wonder if it's a new way to die. I know he said he played with it a long time but perhaps he had fun watching sims die this new way. Just thought it was weird how he kept saying that in italics even.
    It’s important to remember that the “fun but small” comment was made before the Positivity Challenge leak. Kate tweeted that comment on Oct 12.

The Positivity Challenge wasn’t leaked until Oct 26 during the Get Famous livestream. I believe Kate was referring to the challenge in her original tweet as they had not planned on leaking the details of the challenge until Nov 6. However, the challenge is not the mystery feature. The assumed conflict in opinion from the gurus and game changers revolves around that tweet and nothing else. It is important that this be taken into account.
    -
    -Burglars/Police NPCs
    -An update to babies
    -Spiral Staircases
    -Cars
    Going to clear one thing up here as I was the first one who brought this creator up in the thread. Their discord server was not recently shut down. A while back there was some drama between the creator and some of their moderators and the creator closed the discord when it became a toxic cesspool. They reopened a new discord which is currently active. They still update the multiplayer mod once in a while but other than that they have gone pretty quiet in the community.

I also don’t think an official multiplayer patch would be considered small. Considering Sims 4 was cobbled together because Olympus was a giant stinky leaf pile that couldn’t be deleted, implementing multiplayer is definitely way more complicated than meets the eye. However, we already established that “fun but small” and “omg mystery feature” are not the same thing. Soooo there’s a chance multiplayer could be on the agenda along with burglars, babies, stairs, etc.

Speaking of babies, might as well debunk them as fun but small. Kate is not really the hinty type, so I’m choosing to read her comment at face value. This is also why I think she was referring to the challenge and not the mystery feature in her tweet. It is technically a feature, small, but designed to be fun by their definition. Notice how the devs are relying solely on the game changers to hype the mystery feature. EAxis technically hasn’t said a peep about it...except SimGuruGhost who got too excited on the terrain stream and let it slip that he worked on something secret too.

The devs also strike me as not the type of people who are overly fond of gameplay overhauls. Think about all the broken features that still aren’t patched from older packs. Now think about babies - a 3 day life state that is pretty boring but definitely not broken. I really don’t think they’re going to risk breaking a life state that is currently functional just because Grant was blowing smoke up our butts about better babies on Twitter several months ago. And that’s all I have to say about that.

If it’s really cars then this whole mystery feature is just one big troll job and I want my time back. Hope they include a clown car so I can make sim versions of all the devs, put them in fursuits, pile them into the car and drive them straight into the giant festering leaf piles that bedeck all of my Sims’ front yards. Game Of The Year, guys.

Not everyone has babies for only three days. For me, I play with epic lifespan and my infants are in that stage for weeks, so in that type of play it would be worth making them playable, but I don't think that's what we're getting sadly.

I'm also confused why people think it's cars since that was shot down by gurus a long time ago.