Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

RIP :(

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    No, inactive (non-player controlled) sims move their romantic relationships forward and backwards with each other. Not with your active sim.

It's a mod by bluegenjutsu at TFM's Sims Asylum that allows for that -- More Romantic Autonomy. I love many of her mods, but this one adds far too much randomness to the mix for many of us to handle well.
    Is that why my sims are always dragging each other to the bedroom or making out any chance they get? :D I will admit it can get a bit out of control especially if woohoo is a little "Risky" but I put up with it. *shrug* to each their own >:)

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2018
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Is that why my sims are always dragging each other to the bedroom or making out any chance they get? :D I will admit it can get a bit out of control especially if woohoo is a little "Risky" but I put up with it. *shrug* to each their own >:)
    Making out and woohooing do not themselves move romantic relationships forwards and backwards. I meant status changes in coupling -- becoming RIs, Steadies, Fiances, Married (or going backwards if things aren't going that well).

But there can be a lot of reasons for the behavior described. Maybe you aren't giving them enough other toys to play with? :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited November 2018
    bluegenjutsu's mod comes in different flavours. I made the mistake of putting in the one that included teens and that let them go as far as marriage on their own. Huge mistake when you have a bunch of teens in the household suddenly deciding it's time to get married. I got sick of raising other families' teens and got the next one down that only allows them to go as far as proposal.
  • Options
    McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    NRaas SP will change relationships, but only "offscreen," so to speak. Sims will get engaged or married, or break up, without performing the interactions themselves. And of course SP isn't going to change a relationship in your current household while you're playing it; that's your job. If you want your active sim's new guy to propose without your directing him to do so, you'll need a different mod from another source, although I don't remember which one. But I've seen it mentioned here before, so someone else will definitely know.
    No, inactive (non-player controlled) sims move their romantic relationships forward and backwards with each other. Not with your active sim.

It's a mod by bluegenjutsu at TFM's Sims Asylum that allows for that -- More Romantic Autonomy. I love many of her mods, but this one adds far too much randomness to the mix for many of us to handle well.

Ah yes, that makes sense. I've moved single sims in before and later I've come across them and seen that they're 'married'.

I'll give that mod a download, my Sim is a girl so autonomous marriage proposal from the guy would be good. I could "cheat" and switch to him propose then switch back.

Anyway thanks for all your help @igazor I think I have my NRAAS setup perfectly now as it was before. The new site's looking good by the way!
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    McTosh wrote: »
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Aw, no. RIP save file. That's a lot of play. :(

Oh wow it's you, I just downloaded your legacy island 3. I've played Storybrook County for like 3 years now I fancy a change, was about to move my family over to your map to give it a try :)

Cool! ~I hope you like it. :mrgreen:

I LOVE IT!!!!! O.M.G why haven't I played this map before???? Just looking at the picture it looks small I think that's what put me off I thought it'd have no space for houses. but strangely it seems to have more space than maps that look bigger, one of my pet peeves with custom worlds is they stuff them with 39523905239050923509235 community lots usually 2-3 of the same kind! but then only 50 residential lots. but yours is perfect and so balanced, you have 1 of everything essential then the houses plus lots of empty houses lots and it's just so well laid out and beautifully crafted. everytime my sim goes somewhere there's always other sims there nowhere is empty, it feels big and busy. overall it's awesome! I love it, my sim loves it and her children will love it!
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • Options
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    bluegenjutsu's mod comes in different flavours. I made the mistake of putting in the one that included teens and that let them go as far as marriage on their own. Huge mistake when you have a bunch of teens in the household suddenly deciding it's time to get married. I got sick of raising other families' teens and got the next one down that only allows them to go as far as proposal.

is there a way to edit the frequency/base chance of each interaction? like we do with retuner & storyprog etc? no settings to set chance of marriage proposal to 0.5 instead of 10 or whatever it is etc?
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Bluegen's mods are tuning mods, I don't think she does scripting. Tuning mods do not come with menus of options because there is no way to script those. You would have to open the mod in S3PE and see if you can adjust her code by editing the XML resource. It's honestly not as difficult as I've just made that sound; I've edited others' mods that way for my own use including a couple of the Careers add-on modules from NRaas of all places. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Bluegen's mods are tuning mods, I don't think she does scripting. Tuning mods do not come with menus of options because there is no way to script those. You would have to open the mod in S3PE and see if you can adjust her code by editing the XML resource. It's honestly not as difficult as I've just made that sound; I've edited others' mods that way for my own use including a couple of the Careers add-on modules from NRaas of all places. :)

Nice, i've downloaded it but I'll wait until I'm feeling less lazy and open it up to edit and fine-tune the stats. Would be amazing to visit the church and see a couple of townies autonomously getting married. But wouldn't want it all the time the chance has to be low so it happens infrequently, but frequently enough that you catch it once every generation or so.

edit: oh no what have you done @igazor. now i'm going down the list of her other mods and adding them, i'm seeing more and more i need and never knew i needed

oh god i've added like 10 new mods
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited November 2018
    @McTosh I am pretty sure bluegenjutsu's mod only affects active sims. When I made a couple of my sims unselectable I got a popup that they had got married but there was no actual exchanging of rings. I know one of my simmer friends doesn't use the auto romance mod and has seen townies getting married at a wedding arch on a community lot.
  • Options
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @McTosh I am pretty sure bluegenjutsu's mod only affects active sims. When I made a couple of my sims unselectable I got a popup that they had got married but there was no actual exchanging of rings. I know one of my simmer friends doesn't use the auto romance mod and has seen townies getting married at a wedding arch on a community lot.

haha i do that too. i only like playing as my one sim and i feel having others there selectable is distracting so i make them "NPCs" and then just play as my sim ^.^ until they're elder, then i retire them and choose the youngest of the family as selectable and make my now retired sim an NPC to live out the rest of her life in peace doing as she pleases

anyway thanks guys, NRAAS all sorted, got a bunch of new mods to do with autonomy and stuff, gonna go play now I miss my Sim bye :)