Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many hours have you spent towards The Sims 3?

Comments

• LisaJ231LisaJ231 Posts: 18 Member
    I don't play through Origin but I have spent countless hours over the years since the start of Sims 3
  • gh52bklgh52bkl Posts: 1 New Member
    4,539 hours just on origin. i use to own it for xbox 360 as well so i dont know total.
  • ameliaandcynthiaameliaandcynthia Posts: 42 Member
    In the summer of 2016, I spent 250 hours playing the Sims!
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    edited October 2018
    Over 4,300 (It's actually around 4980 hrs) in the course of an year and 3/4s. >:) Jan 2017-Oct 2018. >:) Yeah...I've got an addiction to Sims 3. Something tells me I'll hit 10,000 hrs by 2020. Doubt anyone can top (in terms of timeframe) that accumulation of hours. (I wasn't joking)...
    Nikkei_Simmer_join_date_Origin.jpg
    TS3_hrsPlayed_10-15-2018.jpg
    ...and all because my wife, @Featherbelle, told me to quit pestering her because I was bored. "Here...go play Sims and quit bugging me that you're bored..." :D:mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer Now you are just bragging, you've posted this in three threads, with some playing time in between to crank up the numbers :wink:

Steam says 603 hours (!), spring 2016 - fall 2018, and I only started because my job was stealing all my joy and an eye sickness made it hard to see anything except a computer screen. But even if everything turned out different in the end, the sims stayed with me. Such an addictive game. :smiley:
    edited October 2018
    @Auroraskies: For me it was pneumonia with 80% lung congestion on top of which I got hit with FQs (fluoroquinolones) that reacted badly and attacked the nerves and extremities (think pins and needles and burning sensations in fingers, ankles and toes multiplied by 100%). It's been a long recovery and then got hit by pneumonia again this summer of all seasons. That pretty much was the only reason why I've been playing so much. Sims 3 saved me from going completely mental. ;) I'm hoping that I get better enough that I can get back out and start doing my wildlife photography again. Had to "temporarily" shutter my business for the current.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer Yes, I've seen your beautiful pictures, in other threads :smile:
  • LordThebesLordThebes Posts: 19 Member
    Way more than I can count, all worth it though!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    OMGoodness- I need to play more. I have less than an hour - last played 3 years ago in October 11, 2015. :lol:
  • pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 540 Member
    Over 5000 hours!!!!
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited November 2018
    Not many at last count. Trying to get all the packs back. I am sure that will go up. In comparison, I have over 1600 hours playing Sims 2 and 72 hours playing Sims 4.
  • lydiaofmemeteamlydiaofmemeteam Posts: 32 Member
    I had the Sims 3 before I started using Origin, but I'd guess my hours are probably around 215.
  • BerryCharmingBerryCharming Posts: 38 Member
    My origin says 250 hours.
    edited November 2018
    %2523hrs_10-31-2018.jpg
    I haven't played for four days... I'm losing my touch. :(
    but the amount's in one year 10 months and a bit. :D It was January 2017 that I started playing Sims 3.

See above https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16780403/#Comment_16780403
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited November 2018
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    What a fun topic to bump :)

I only recently started using Origin to launch my game this year so it says 500 hours but it is way more than that.
    Now at 830 hrs
    *laughs*

I still use Origin but not for Sims 3 and I haven't played with Sims 3 online for a while now. No clue how much time I've spent because it was never accurate to begin with. No matter the number... no regrets. :)

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Well lets see if you got the game when it first came out like I did, you have played 3,285 hours. Now that is only 1 hour a day, now if you played 2 hours a day you have played 6,570, and lets face it we have played anywhere from 1 to 5 or more hours a day. WOW
    I play everyday.
    edited November 2018
    Hmmm...from January 10, 2017 - today... uh...5274 divided by...uh 663 days of owning and playing TS3 = 7.95 or 8 hrs a day. Yeah, I think I have a problem. :neutral: ~sigh~
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    too many, i've played it for 9 years now, and i'll still be playing it in another 9 years. unless they make sims 5 basically a remaster of sims 3 that is
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Over 4,300 ...and all because my wife, @Featherbelle, told me to quit pestering her because I was bored. "Here...go play Sims and quit bugging me that you're bored..." :D:mrgreen:

@Nikkei_Simmer Just what happened to my dad - mom got him to start a useful hobby, learning woodwork, to stop his too expensive fiddling around with miniature flying airplanes... He ended up as a a cabinet maker, a real one, with his own society and several employees! :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Can’t even count!! (I used a cd first, then the launcher and I never had a number of hours on origin).
    And I would have spent even more time If I had a better computer to enjoy it, since, having a MacBook, I really couldn’t have a lot of content. I had (still have but don’t know if it would still launch) Pets and Season. I wish I had gotten Generations and World Adventures, yep I really missed out !!
    @McTosh Totally agree! :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    jillbg wrote: »
    @McTosh Totally agree! :)

when i was younger those years ago i was agoraphobic irl, so never went out (obvs). When Sims 3 came out I was enthralled, probably unhealthiyl so, I was practically living de facto through my sim, who again, unhealthily, I unironically fell inlove with. Sad but true.

I'm not that bad anymore, but still, I always come back to The Sims 3, and when i do I always get lost in their world. It makes me happy, I don't know anything else that has ever made me so happy. Sims 3 is super special and always will be to me. I tried 4 but it just didn't resonate as much, I dunno why could never put my finger on it, there's just something off about it. Sims 3 just feels like a living breathing world and your sim is just part of the larger story, rather than the world revolving around your sim if you get me?

I wish EA would remaster it in 64bit. That'd be my wish.
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
    edited November 2018
    @jillbg, Oh...RC is insanely expensive. And if you're flying an actual turbojet, a plane can cost upwards of $35K-$50K.
    This...makes me drool.
    https://youtu.be/qQ9dSrrBN28
    This guy probably needs a 1/4 scale hangar just for his F-16.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    edited November 2018
    @Nikkei_Simmer What makes you drool made my mom furious. Especially as he often returned home with the plane in a shopping bag... :s
    Edit: Gaah... Boy and their toys...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    Not going to try to count :p Although less lately cause of real life...
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg