Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

AU/NZ check in. Welcome to our home away from home.

Comments

• stellanovastellanova Posts: 57 Member
    > @Movotti said:
    > @stellanova
    > They should pixelate the plumbob, so as not to shock use with your unclothed state!

IKR?! My eyes, my poor eyes! :D
    call me stella!
    HeKrho4.gif
    twitter
  • Tatts65Tatts65 Posts: 84 Member
    I’m not sure if it’s in Aussie - but fellow Kiwis y’all should try the new Tip-Top / Whittaker’s ice-cream. Oh I love the Chocolate one with salted caramel, pretzel, and dark chocolate!

Oh that sounds divine! I haven't seen the ice cream but I love the Whitakers chocolate. It's becoming scarce in the big supermarkets - Woolworths and Coles - it seems. The range is becoming less of the blocks but they've expanded the artisan range a little. At a most exorbitant price!
  • mandyssims93mandyssims93 Posts: 122 Member
    Hey, I'm from Aussie :)
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Hi @Rikurii welcome to the forums nice to see new members here :)
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited November 2018
    Has anyone have the most annoying bird in Australia that wont stop whistling, I'm having sleepless nights and what do you do when you have annoying bird do they ever stop whistling its making me go nuts >:)

annoying bird
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoBlkaGJk4s
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited November 2018
    Welcome, @Rikurii to the forums.

That sounds like a butcher bird, @chips46 I've not seen one of them around for ages. What sort of area do you live in?
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

• February11February11 Posts: 12,640 Member
    ~ Enlighten me @February11 what is the difference between Aussie & Kiwi Fish & Chips?

Only just seen this.
    To be honest, I'm not completely sure @aussiekarima. The couple of times I had Kiwi fish and chips, I think it was in the seasoning in the crumbs/batter.
    I think it was more or less just ran by Kiwis. Nice people.
    In fact I still prefer the fish and chips we get from the Asians down our way, far better than even the British fish and chip shop, and I am originally from the UK.
    There's also a French family who have a fish and chip shop up the road. They're pretty good. Six of one and half a dozen of the other, as far as I'm concerned.
    MLgj4Vx.png
    Melbourne Cup Day!
    Anyone interested in the race?
    I'm off to a MCD lunch. I don't mind being in the sweep, but not interested in even trying to pick the winner.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • CarzeebearCarzeebear Posts: 17 Member
    Hey I'm new to the forums, old to the Sims. NZ simmer here, also on twitch & twitter @toyourstations if anyone wants to check me out. I'm mostly just checking into the forums to see if anyone knows what time the update is dropping in NZ. Because I assume it's not going to be the 13th here?
  • Tatts65Tatts65 Posts: 84 Member
    I did my update today (14th) but haven't played with the terrain tools yet. Haven't decided if I want to mod an existing lot or start from scratch. I didn't see the Cup on the 6th. I was working that afternoon, setting up to hand out wrist bands at the Taylor Swift concert that night. I didn't even have to sit through the multiple re-runs of the finish of the race; I only saw it once on a news broadcast the next day. That felt ... weird.
    Yeah update came on the 14th for me too. Terrain tools are pretty cool so far. I didn't do anything particularly creative with them but I had a little fun
    I did my update this morning, too. Can't see a lot of terrain work going on since the lots aren't that big, but I'm looking forward to experimenting with it. Played a lot with the first person camera, that was interesting - and totally forgot about the new career, so looking forward to checking that out.
    MLgj4Vx.png
    I had a horrifying incident with the first person camera. Picking up pets in it is cute until you clip through their head and end up looking at your cat's mouth from the inside :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:
    edited January 2019
    Yes, bad angles can give you some unpleasant views. There's a picture in a thread yesterday it's a head view with just teeth and glasses. When I go above eye level I get like an empty skull!
    Post edited by February11 on
    MLgj4Vx.png
    Bleeeegh nasty
  • DantyEllaDantyElla Posts: 6 New Member
    heya all - so happy to see an Aus/NZ thread!!!!
    Heya DantyElla!
    Hello DantyElla :)
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    Welcome @DantyElla :)

• aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    edited November 2018
    chips46 wrote: »
    Has anyone have the most annoying bird in Australia that wont stop whistling, I'm having sleepless nights and what do you do when you have annoying bird do they ever stop whistling its making me go nuts >:)

annoying bird

~ We have one of those here they nest every year & you hear that day & night! (I live in Tropical QLD!)

~ Hello *waves* @DantyElla @Rikurii & @Carzeebear ♥♥♥ & *W*E*L*C*O*M*E*
    8pY8q9Y.gif
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

annoying bird

~ We have one of those here they nest every year & you hear that day & night! (I live in Tropical QLD!)

8pY8q9Y.gif

Is that the Koel bird?
    It does a wooo-uuup, noise in the middle of the night AND all day?

If so, I've found out all about it as we've had it here for a good few years!
    MLgj4Vx.png
    edited January 2019
    February11 wrote: »

annoying bird

8pY8q9Y.gif

Is that the Koel bird?
    It does a wooo-uuup, noise in the middle of the night AND all day?

If so, I've found out all about it as we've had it here for a good few years!

EDIT - just looked at the video. It is!
    It's an Indonesian bird that comes here to mate. It makes that call, carries a berry until the mate takes it! Then it gets to mate and then flies away - until next year!
    Post edited by February11 on
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • SmallAureliusSmallAurelius Posts: 184 Member
    > @aussiekarima said:
    > chips46 wrote: »
    >
    > Has anyone have the most annoying bird in Australia that wont stop whistling, I'm having sleepless nights and what do you do when you have annoying bird do they ever stop whistling its making me go nuts >:)
    >
    > annoying bird
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > ~ We have one of those here they nest every year & you hear that day & night! (I live in Tropical QLD!)
    >
    > ~ Hello *waves* @DantyElla @Rikurii & @Carzeebear ♥♥♥ & *W*E*L*C*O*M*E*

That's a beautiful song compared to the one I get at the back of my place - we get a bird that occasionally screams the ENTIRE day. I do mean scream, too. At first I questioned if it was a child and it needed investigation/police. But no, just a bird that sets me on edge.

PS I'm a new bird to the forum, from VIC, but living in South Coast NSW :smile: Hi!
  • I_Honestly_Cant24I_Honestly_Cant24 Posts: 28 Member
    Happy New Year Everyone!

Nice to see a dedicated thread to aus/nz players haha