The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Story Mode editor question

Good Evening Y'all,

After a bit of a break I've decided to return to the sims 2. I'm currently playing through Pleasantview. One of the features I loved about the Sims 2 was the story mode editor as it really helped me keep track of my sims and where they were in the story. It's been awhile but I have two questions II hope someone will be able to answer for me :smile:

1) If a Sim moves to a different house (not moving in with another household, just upgrading to a bigger place) will there storybook transfer with them?

2) If I take a photos in one household, will I be able to access them and add them to another household story? For example I'm currently going through my Uni rotation and eventually one of my Sims in the house is going to graduate, if I take screenshots of him in college will I be able to access them and add them to his story once he gets into a household as an adult?

Thank you in advance :smile:
“It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.” –The Goblet of Fire

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

1. No. The stories are lot specific and also will delete if no one is living there, iirc (the lot story edited, not the pictures). :(

2. Yes, I believe so. There's an option to check the rest of the folder.
  • lonestarranger01lonestarranger01 Posts: 60 Member
    @Rflong7 thank you very much for your response :smile:
    “It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.” –The Goblet of Fire
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    My game may be different than Rfong7's but if I move the whole family from the neighborhood view and put them into another house the album, so far, has carried over. This is on my XP machine, installed via the original disks. I've not tried it with my UC installation. Suggest saving the neighborhood before doing any experiments.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    Hmm...
    From my remembering, the stories do stick with the family not the lot. You cannot access the story mode while building an unoccupied residental lot. If I move a family away from the neighborhood view and put them to another lot, the stories in story mode stay with them. If I move individual sims out or all the sims die (or all the students move out of the college), the story mode is lost and if I move another family in the same lot, the story mode for them is empty.
    I have also found that there are files that contain the text under picture and under what picture it belongs to.
    It's located in Computer/Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Neighborhoods/N(number)/Storytelling and under the many pictures you've taken with their thumnails you can find webentry XML-files. There you can find the title (Usually "The [Last Name] Family"), pictures and texts.

Fun fact. Usually the title for neighborhood stories are "Welcome to [Neighborhood name]!", for family story is "The [Last name] Family", and for the student story is "The [Household name] Household". You can click on the title in the story editor to change the title.
    When The Sims 2 site was up, you were able to share the stories in there. People used it to share stories and tutorials.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Yea, I mostly remembering losing the storyboards when leaving Uni or combining houses. I find it's best to err on the side of caution. Sorry I was wrong. :mrgreen:
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    edited November 2018
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Yea, I mostly remembering losing the storyboards when leaving Uni or combining houses. I find it's best to err on the side of caution. Sorry I was wrong. :mrgreen:

It's OK. Everybody makes mistakes from time to time (even I).