Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tree of Emotions

I am so loving the Tree of Emotions! In the past I rarely paid attention to emotions or tried to get my sim into the proper emotion for whatever task they were working on but the berries from the Tree of Emotions makes it so simple. And they're so cute! <3

I used the Flutterberries to get my sim couple in the mood for romance and then wondered if eating another fruit would totally remove the flirty moodlets and it did.

The Tree of Emotions is a special harvestable plant found in Selvadorada. It is found rarely throughout the Selvadoradian Jungle and is guarenteed to be found in front of the Omiscan Temple. It is useful for solving puzzles within the temple. The Tree of Emotions resembles a Plantain or Forbidden Fruit tree and it will grow different berries that give emotional effects upon consumption. Each berry is physically identical with different colors.

The Tree of Emotion is mostly used for bringing Sims into a certain emotion depending on which berry is consumed. This makes it sometimes integral to solving and surviving the Omiscan Temple in Selvadorada. When at home, the berries can be used to grow in one's career, level skills more efficiently, or in any event that uses specific emotional states. The berries also function as normal fruit in recipes, being usable in multiple recipes that require a generic fruit as an ingredient.

Merry Berries can be used in combination with another berry variety to increase the emotional effect. Razzleberries can also be used with sufficient Happiness and Playfulness to kill a Sim.

There is a total of seven varieties of berries.

Pogo6EF.png

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Tree_of_Emotions

Comments

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    It's very handy. I just wish they had included the full spectrum or an "alternate" emotion tree that had anger, sadness, boredom, tense, etc. It would have been equally useful in the long run as well, especially when all of the positive and decorative buffs take over a Sim's practical emotional state.

Maybe we could get something like that in a future pack. *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    It's very handy. I just wish they had included the full spectrum or an "alternate" emotion tree that had anger, sadness, boredom, tense, etc. It would have been equally useful in the long run as well, especially when all of the positive and decorative buffs take over a Sim's practical emotional state.

Maybe we could get something like that in a future pack. *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*

You could make a dish with the boohooberry and make an enemy sad after eating it. >:)
  • Options
    UnicornzUnicornz Posts: 226 Member
    The berries from the tree of emotions don't seem to work for me. I eat a berry from the tree, and I get a +1 happy moodlet "Its Ok" and not a different emotion.
  • Options
    costa09costa09 Posts: 52 Member
    Tree of Emotions is bugged from Season expansion. It produce only one type of fruit and you can't complete the temple if it ask a specific emotion.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-JA-Tree-of-emotions-only-produces-one-type-of-berries/m-p/6873894#M63649
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    costa09 wrote: »
    Tree of Emotions is bugged from Season expansion. It produce only one type of fruit and you can't complete the temple if it ask a specific emotion.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-JA-Tree-of-emotions-only-produces-one-type-of-berries/m-p/6873894#M63649

I was able to get a variety of berries from the trees of emotion near the temple just recently, and I've got Seasons. It might be one particular tree that is buggy?

If you plant a tree of emotion, you will only get the type of berries you planted. To get a 'perfect' specimen of all seven berries, I had to plant seven trees. However, you can splice them together to get a tree that produces more than one type of berry.
    I just want things to match. :'(