Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You know you're a TS3 addict when...

Comments

• aglitteringsimmeraglitteringsimmer Posts: 56 Member
    @SheriGR Agreed! Honestly, the worst thing is when I have a great idea for a sim but can't get to my computer, and then I loose all inspiration after!!!
    An average simmer wasting her life away
    --just kidding, will find a photo of my fave sim soon--
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2018
    @igazor Whaaa??? restrictbuildbuyinbuildings off Does this mean I can get a real stove in the adventure camp in China?? I didn't even know this cheat existed!! >>cries<<
    You can, but not that way. Restrictbuildbuyinbuildings off would allow you to design common areas like lobbies, recreation, and laundry rooms in LN style apartment buildings or knock down some walls and expand your sims' apartments into the next unit. And/or move the public/private NPC room markers around. Without the cheat code we get blocked with some nonsense warning about how the tenant association has not approved renovations outside of our own unit. Not sure, but I don't think it has any impact on Base Camps or at least by itself is not enough.

For Base Camps, you require enablelotlocking on (why are these just as difficult to spell properly on forum boards as they are in the game?) and a click to turn off the padlock that then appears on the lot's properties in Edit Town. For things like stoves, since Base Camps are strictly speaking not residential lots, Buzzler's Build/Buy Restriction "Disabler" (the real word is censored here) mod may also be required. It's part of his Builder Stuff set.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=450059
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • rabidgummibearrabidgummibear Posts: 79 Member
    When you slow down to drive by a pedestrian and actually say to yourself "Hmm.. What an interesting face. He'd/she'd make a cool sim..."
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    @igazor Whaaa??? restrictbuildbuyinbuildings off Does this mean I can get a real stove in the adventure camp in China?? I didn't even know this cheat existed!! >>cries<<
    You can, but not that way. Restrictbuildbuyinbuildings off would allow you to design common areas like lobbies, recreation, and laundry rooms in LN style apartment buildings or knock down some walls and expand your sims' apartments into the next unit. And/or move the public/private NPC room markers around. Without the cheat code we get blocked with some nonsense warning about how the tenant association has not approved renovations outside of our own unit. Not sure, but I don't think it has any impact on Base Camps or at least by itself is not enough.

For Base Camps, you require enablelotlocking on (why are these just as difficult to spell properly on forum boards as they are in the game?) and a click to turn off the padlock that then appears on the lot's properties in Edit Town. For things like stoves, since Base Camps are strictly speaking not residential lots, Buzzler's Build/Buy Restriction "Disabler" (the real word is censored here) mod may also be required. It's part of his Builder Stuff set.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=450059

If you want to put a stove in your base camp, stick one in your family inventory. Then when you get there use testingcheatsenabled true to "Buy On This Lot" and drag it out of the family inventory.
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    @igazor, @bklienhart Thanks for the suggestions/instructions! Normally, I put in a pizza oven and call it done. :s But I would love a real oven in there instead of that fire hazard they set you up with. :p
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    When you walk on streets in real life and you feel like your sims : omg we live in an open world too ! :*
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    When after a long time you didn't play you just feel empty...
    When the sims represent leisure in general in your life.
    When you think of organizing a bachlorette party to a friend, and at the same time the bachelors party your simmies are waiting for in game.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    When you read through forum sections dedicated Bugs and Issues for entertainment, with initiated laughter at the phantasmagorical problems the game presents us with.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    edited October 2018
    When you're in a furniture store and you buy this even though it matches nothing in your house decor plans.

[img][/img]MJhjpNg.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,425 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    When you start up your game and when your game opens up; without even looking at the keyboard...can type in inside of 30 seconds:

testingcheatsenabled on
    hideheadlineeffects on
    buydebug
    unlockoutfits on
    The one that always trips me up is restrictbuildbuyinbuildings off. If I wanted a typing (keyboarding) skill improvement exercise, I would have found one myself. :)

NRaas Overwatch can be used to engage console codes upon startup for those so inclined.

Yeah...I can see where that one's a tricky one, @igazor. your index fingers on both hands are all over the keyboard. r/tr/tbu/buy/nbu/ng...all use the index fingers of both hands when you're typing in standard qwerty. I use all ten fingers for typing (63wpm) and that cheat is a tricky one. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    when you're going to uni next year and you're worried about not being able to bring the desktop you play TS3 on because it's the family computer
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    afai1261 wrote: »
    when you're going to uni next year and you're worried about not being able to bring the desktop you play TS3 on because it's the family computer

Oh wow, bummer man.

Sounds like it's time you learned to build your own PC. :D
  • JemkatkJemkatk Posts: 199 Member
    You describe someone to your husband by saying, "They look like a really bad randomized Sim."
  • LoveeBriiLoveeBrii Posts: 35 Member
    YOU KNOW YOU'RE A TS3 ADDICT WHEN..someone is talking to you and you don't hear a word they say because you are stuck playing your Sim game, then they get mad and storm out because you are not listening!
    <3 Origin ID: LoveeBrii
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @LoveeBrii - err, sorry...were you saying something? >:):p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • LoveeBriiLoveeBrii Posts: 35 Member
    > @igazor said:
    > @LoveeBrii - err, sorry...were you saying something? >:) :p

ROFL!!!
    <3 Origin ID: LoveeBrii
    When you drag yourself home after the roughest week ever and can't wait to sleep for 12 hours, but you keep glancing at your simming computer while you're getting ready for bed... and we all know how that one ends. Tomorrow morning I'll be red eyed and exhausted but happy. :smile:
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @ZeeGee After a rough week you deserved a simming session! Hope things pick up for you *hugs*
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,116 Member
    @ZeeGee Does that mean you're working on more of your Sequel videos?? :smiley:

Sorry your week was so rough. :cry:
    ((((Hugs))))
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    @Mikezum @emorrill Thank you both <3 Just worked a whole lot of extra hours.

@emorrill Yes that’s what it means! I’ve been working on episode 2 for about 2 weeks. Slow going cause I haven’t had much time.
    When you decide to work out with some music so you put some music on Youtube - but wait, my favourite songs are from the sims - and you just do some dance moves you learned somewhere - but wait, I don't really know how to dance...
    So you are basically a sim, working out like a sim, with sims music :D
    @Avatarit I know people who have memorized the sim's dance moves and their conversations - with the gestures. Especially funny when they talk about gardening! Picture that at party mingling :smiley:
  • JemkatkJemkatk Posts: 199 Member
    @Avatarit I know people who have memorized the sim's dance moves and their conversations - with the gestures. Especially funny when they talk about gardening! Picture that at party mingling :smiley:

My 9 year old and I have conversations in simlish. Tor Co Vida! Chu Wagga Chu chu
    Jemkatk wrote: »

My 9 year old and I have conversations in simlish. Tor Co Vida! Chu Wagga Chu chu

Zelekeziev skurzav! Ha!

@Auroraskies Awesome!! :lol:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top