Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I convert OBS videos?

So I've had OBS a while now, and have been using it fine, but recently I started trying to record with my voice and now it's not working? I use windows movie maker to edit cause it usually works converting the files. Now it doesn't load or something like that. Are there any good editing software/ converter to use that is 100% free? I use Windows 10. Thanks for your help~ <3
TS4-x64-2018-12-16-11-43-58.png

Comments

• ShadowPhoenix21ShadowPhoenix21 Posts: 141 Member
    When recording your voice are you using simple / 1 audio track in OBS? Or have you got multiple tracks set up? Windows movie maker will not play videos with multiple audio tracks you need an updated version of programs such as adobe premier pro or Sony Vegas (but they are not free or cheap).
    Also what video type are you creating in OBS? certain file types wont play in WMM.
    I personally use Sony Vegas (I got it on sale for like 75% off on steam), so I can't offer free alternatives, but I would suggest do some quick test changing video types in OBS. mp4 normally is the best version.
  • pepper090889pepper090889 Posts: 3,354 Member
    I use Davinci Resolve for all of my editing. It's free and pretty easy to use. I was using Movie Maker for a long time in the beginning, but once I started recording voice I had a lot of issues with it. I've been using Davinci Resolve for about a year or so now and I love it. However, if you record in 1080, the playback is a bit choppy, but there is a work around for it, you just have to do a quick Google search. I found this video to be helpful.
    ofNj4ul
  • liilastaliilasta Posts: 32 Member
    Thank you both so much! This actually really helped! <3

• LinnsaneLinnsane Posts: 111 Member
    Blender is an opensource 3D program that can also be used as a video editing program, it is completly free, but you need to do some research and find tutorials on how it works, as it can be alittle complicated at times. But I use it and I'm very happy!
  • NovaBelladonnaNovaBelladonna Posts: 58 Member
    So I record with OBS, but set up multiple tracks so I can edit my voice (noise reduction etc.) in Audacity - there's a tutorial on YouTube by a guy called Nutella4eva or something like that, which i found helpful
    Then I use Openshot (free and opensource) to edit. I set the video audio to just be the desktop track (or no audio tracks if I just want music/silence) and take my voice track from audacity and you can add as many video and audio tracks as you want. I'm not sure if that helps...
    @Linnsane - I've heard of Blender, I didn't realise it was free. It looks complicated! I don't have a YouTube intro/outro (not sure if I want one) so maybe I'll use that to make one. Definately looking into this if I get some free time, thanks!
    For a let's play about a vampire who wants to take over the world, check out my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmFyY60q4J0PJNKCePjVG8g
  • liilastaliilasta Posts: 32 Member
    Thank you! I'll try to update yall on how it worked! :)