Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Would Make TS4 Better?

For me the game is awsome but i still think it could be improved, here are some of my ideas. Please do share yours!! :heart:

Free The Babies!!!
Like TS3 Basically :joy:

More Romance
Like holding hands,
Holding waists
Laying on bed cuddling,
Kissing Booths(Teens)
Spin The Bottle(Teens)
A Kiss that is just a peck, i don't want my kids seeing the current 'Kiss' interaction :joy:

Real Looking Families
Being able to go to the park and walk around like a family, not some group of strangers.
Make sure the parents watch the little kids.
Hold hands.
When at home they go and check on each other and do things together. E.g a son could go tell his mum hes off to school not just walk out the house.
Have sibling fights that make them closer.
More emotion, e.g a mum is having a hard time with relationships and the kids could be tense from watching parents fight. Or when a toddler grows up the kids could have a moodlet from watching his sibling grow up. They could be proud of each other, like when a toddler masters the potty skill the other kids could be proud. When the parents get a promotion they could be proud of each other and the kids could be happy to see their parents happy.
Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
Sims 4, 25th December 2014

Comments

• Options
    Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    I forgot to add, they don't have to be packs, maybe updates. But it's just stuff that could be added :heart:

• Options
    ChalkyMalkyChalkyMalky Posts: 120 Member
    mm, if i had to choose, maybe have the sims more detailed? Maybe we could re-add turn-on and turn-offs, favourite food/colour/music? Or maybe enable sims to have allergies or disabilities that could be passed down to their future offspring? The current traits make the sims 2 dimensional tbh, i'm getting bored of just going to the streets and finding a random sim on the street to be a soul-mate :l i want a challenge
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'd settle for having Sims face each other when they're dancing or talking. Talking) over your shoulder unless you're doing something else (like painting) feels so rude. And I'd like to see slow dancing make a comeback as well as music/songs that lend themselves to slow dancing.

I'm not sure if it was an update or maybe part of the Parenthood pack, but there is a Kiss Cheek interaction that I think is very sweet. (My couples do it autonomously.) Though I don't mind if my Sim kids see their parents kissing -- I wish they'd have some sort of reaction like an "Ew Gross!" embarassed moodlet or something.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    For me the game is awsome but i still think it could be improved, here are some of my ideas. Please do share yours!! :heart:

Free The Babies!!!

Totally agree on this point. I just made a whole video on pregnancy and babies and how they could be better. 10x better than the TS3 babies with some elements thrown in from TS2. There needs to be more details and randomness involved. I think if they're going to be overhauled, they need to be toddler level overhauled.

Elders need to be shown some love as well.

I've always wanted an interaction where Sims could cook together and also teach younger Sims how to cook. I'd love to see Sims being able to stay with grandparents or other relatives for the weekend if the parents wanted to go on vacation or just wanted a quiet weekend to themselves.

Multi-function lots is something else I'd like to see as well as better apartments.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Fixed simulation lag.

The constant delays and freezing between interactions is not only immersion breaking, but so frustrating to deal with. In a closed world set up, we shouldn’t have an issue like this.

I really wish this game could support actual ultra speed, like The Sims 2, as well. Ultra speed in my game is no different than the middle option.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Oh, lots of things

- Fix the bugs (I've gotten the teleporting/resetting sims ever since Seasons, plus the stinky leaf piles)
    - Fine tune the emotions, whims, and traits
    - The stuff listed in my signature right now :D
    - CASt (pretty much impossible at this point, but you did ask)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    MuggyQuasarMuggyQuasar Posts: 169 Member
    I'd really like more traits in CAS. Maybe the Sims 3 got a bit out of hand with it towards the end but the current options in 4 feel limiting... after a while no Sim really feels that different from the next.
    lgYUYx0.jpg
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    CAS:
    I'd love to have a Create a Style tool, maybe with the player being able to decide whether the outfit will be randomly used on NPCs.

Gameplay:
    Better babies
    shorter teens
    more romance interactions (cuddling in bed, make out on the sofa, ...)
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Bug fixes.

Performance improvement.

A lot more deep, interactive activities.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Bug fixes. They're so annoying, makes me want to just close the game. 🙈

Oh, and opportunities like in TS3.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited November 2018
    -More depth to traits, whims, social awareness, drama and danger, fears and fear emotion, fine/content as the main emotion, and happiness more of a challenge.
    -More NPCS
    -Risk/Rewards and cause and effect
    -Interests and dislikes that can effect socialization (bring back magazines, SimTube, or other websites, so we can fine-tune their interests.)
    -Game play that gives you a goal, but doesn't tell you exactly how to achieve it. It's up to you to be clever about it, or role-play it to suit your sim, or the circumstances your sim find themselves.

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I don't want to see my sims leaving the babies on the floor like in Sims 2/3, so... If they #freethebabies i hope that they fix this issue.
  • Options
    MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
    Strollers
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Consequences to action, danger/random events occurring, NPCs (fireman/burglar), attraction system.
  • Options
    MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    Tropical Holidays
    Swimming in the sea and beach lots
    More worlds like Newcrest - my game is full after about 6 generations, I need more space!!
    More bigger lots - I never play 20x30 or smaller
    Better romance options - more like Sims 3
    I think everything else has already been said :)
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    A systematic schedule for patch/bug fixes - TBH, I prefer something that is scheduled far ahead and they follow it accordingly without giving us any reason to delay it.

Product announcement - Maybe it's just me.. I don't really like surprises.. So, I would prefer to know it in advance like all the details etc.. it will be nice if we are being informed on the development of the pack for example. It will make me feel like I have been part of it... instead of just being the customer/consumer. I like the recent terrain manipulation, stream, although it's not completed yet..The developer is so amazing to share on how they come up with the tools and discuss the things that is lacking at the moment.. and how they wish they could improve it.. it shows how sincere they are with their work..

Memory system - It will be nice to have it as an option for the player. It will be so helpful for a generational play (For now, I use Excel as a database to keep all the event/info).

Gradual ageing - The gradual ageing just like the season transition or the body size (from skinny to plump). This feature will make TS4 outstanding from my POV. For example, the hair will grow by itself, or the colour will change, the facial hair, pimples, etc.

"Dramatic" NPC - I wish that we have a character such as Mrs CrumpleBottom. For me, she is the life of the neighbourhood. The burglar is a nice addition, same goes with the headmaster, secret society member... or even a "real" alien that disguise themselves properly! :D

Multipurpose Lots - This will not only be great for retails, restaurant, etc... but, it will give us an option to create our own small neighbourhood in a larger Lot (without limitation on the Sims headcounts).

Sims Classic - If we can have an option to have the audio of the previous Sims music while we're in CAS/build just like how they have an option for the camera style.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    83bienchen wrote: »
    CAS:
    I'd love to have a Create a Style tool, maybe with the player being able to decide whether the outfit will be randomly used on NPCs.

Yas i made a whole other thread about adding that to the game! It'd be really helpful for colours.

• Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    More occults. For God's sake it's been almost two years since we've had a new occult.
    More things to make teens more distinguishable from young adults
    Chance cards like TS2.
    Memories like TS2
    Smaller telescopes
  • Options
    More things to make teens more distinguishable from young adults

Yessss PLEASE!!! I have to hover over the sim to see if its a teen or Young Adult or even an Adult! They all look the same.

• Options
    DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    I wo

Free The Babies!!!

More Romance
    Like holding hands,
    Holding waists
    Laying on bed cuddling,
    Kissing Booths(Teens)
    Spin The Bottle(Teens)
    A Kiss that is just a peck, i don't want my kids seeing the current 'Kiss' interaction :joy:

Real Looking Families
    Being able to go to the park and walk around like a family, not some group of strangers.
    Make sure the parents watch the little kids.
    Hold hands.
    When at home they go and check on each other and do things together. E.g a son could go tell his mum hes off to school not just walk out the house.
    Have sibling fights that make them closer.
    More emotion, e.g a mum is having a hard time with relationships and the kids could be tense from watching parents fight. Or when a toddler grows up the kids could have a moodlet from watching his sibling grow up. They could be proud of each other, like when a toddler masters the potty skill the other kids could be proud. When the parents get a promotion they could be proud of each other and the kids could be happy to see their parents happy.

Perfect list. I would love to have all of these, especially the teen stuff. They're so boring right now.

• Options
    MuggyQuasarMuggyQuasar Posts: 169 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    [

Sims Classic - If we can have an option to have the audio of the previous Sims music while we're in CAS/build just like how they have an option for the camera style.

This isn't quite the same but all the Sims music is on Spotify, I have a playlist of my favourites from every game that I put on when I'm doing building :)
    lgYUYx0.jpg
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Yes OP you do have a perfect list of things that could make The Sims 4 really rock!
    I think a romance pack is needed badly. I loved your ideas about a family staying together on an outing. @83bienchen I like you post the most here, short, sweet & to the point. Those things should be top priority before any more silly fluff packs come out. We've been begging for shorter teens since TS4 was released!
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    More differences between Teens and Young Adults.
    More romantic interactions.
    Better community lots.
    University and education overhaul.
    Attraction/Chemistry.
  • Options
    NellionkingiNellionkingi Posts: 28 Member
    The possibility to walk multiple dogs at the same time! :smiley:
    I’ll show you the dark side.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited November 2018
    For me what would make Sims 4 better may never be implemented into it, for me Sims 4 has peaked as far as features goes even if terrain editing is possible and may be the last worthy feature. I am waiting EA/Maxis for you to prove me wrong. :|
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen