Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Want Burglary Back?

Comments

• MinaiMinai Posts: 704 Member
    Yes - I would love to add more real world stress into my game!
    Yes please!
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I always found it funny! But there should be a way to intervene such as calling the police or fighting off the burglar.
  • ManderMurduhManderMurduh Posts: 1,279 Member
    Yes...I loved the small stressors and little details like robbers because it spiced things up.
    jrbac2.gif
    Origin ID: xoScoochAMooch Feel free to add me!
    Check out my simblr for gameplay pictures! https://leelasims.tumblr.com/

I love BTS and Ariana Grande.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited November 2018
    It would be fun
    But please don't forget the burglar alarm!
    And the option to fight the burglar

Also maybe an option to disable the burglar in Options.
    a256aFi.gif
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    Other
    I'm a yes, no and maybe, so I chose 'other'.

If it's randomly generated NPCs that are put in my game just for a break in only, I don't think it would hold my interest for long, more like something I'd endure rather than enjoy or even try to avoid. In sims 2, it was like, 'oh, here comes the burglar again', stop playing, wait for cops, watch fight scene- either with cops or with my own sim, replace stolen item, continue playing. For me, it was more a nuisance - like when telemarketers ring you during dinner. And with the world population cap in Sims 4 being only 675 and me trying to prevent culling, I'm already going in to household management to delete unwanted generated sims, so that's my 'no' part of me.

The 'maybe' is because Sims 4 is doing things differently. And it may be more full on than the previous games. I think we'd at least get consequences like a stressed or angry mood for our sim, and then maybe a sad mood cause we miss the item stolen. We'd probably get interactions like fight with burglar and that confident mood if we win, or alternatively, run outside, or hide in closet or in bed cause the sim is scared, then maybe get an embarrassed mood because the sim wasn't brave. If the gameplay was more in depth that would interest me more.

Then the 'yes! definitely' bit is if they could somehow tie in both the Criminal Career and the Detective Career we already have for a more in-depth gaming experience, then I'm all for a cops and robbers type gameplay. How they could do that with a base career and an expansion career I'm not sure and probably won't happen, but we already have thieves and police in the game = both of which our own sims can be, we just don't get to see them in action with each other. I've often thought how much better it would be if that could somehow happen.
  • NathanANathanA Posts: 39 Member
    Maybe - If there is to avoid it or stop it once the event is active, like calling the cops.
    If it is implemented I hope wealthy people are more likely to be mugged and starting households are less likely, more realistic that way. Also, I don't want to see burglars visiting every day, I'd like them to be somewhat uncommon.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    YES! I want to see burglars open the door with a crowbar and steal things. They could have their bag and just steal from most to least valuebale.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited November 2018
    Maybe - If there is to avoid it or stop it once the event is active, like calling the cops.
    I like the idea of having burglar alarms and police that come when summoned back in the game. Also, burglars should be smarter, and not steal heavy objects like appliances and bookshelves, but only steal things like food, decorations, collectibles, toys, and electronics. Electronics, collectibles, toys, and decorations could also be protected with an interaction like "protect from burglars", that marks the item so that if it is stolen, it will be returned a day or 2 later, with a message that the thief was caught with the stolen goods, and the stolen goods would be returned to household inventory.

Later on, for a supernatural pack, there could be a supernatural hex against burglars, so if a burglar touches a hexed item, the burglar acts like his hand was shocked, backs away, and cannot steal the item.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Iguess66Iguess66 Posts: 115 Member
    There is no reason this far into TS4 that we still do not have robbers tbh
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    Random events are fun once in awhile, but Maxis has a tendency to overdo it, so I'd want a way to toggle 'em off for some households. Other HHs, well, I'd leave a plate of cookies out for the burglar to entice him/her to visit! :naughty:
  • GracelishGracelish Posts: 114 Member
    Yes! I want--no, I demand--to have the ominous music back when it happens as well. It legitimately makes me panic, even if it's a game. I really worry for my sims' well-being (and their stuff, of course). I'd definitely want to install an alarm or have the option to call cops, though wouldn't mind having my sim fight someone off.

Like others have mentioned, a way to toggle on/off could be convenient for those who don't like this feature.
    here's hoping we collide
  • ThisISMariaThisISMaria Posts: 104 Member
    Yes of course. This shouldn't even be up for discussion, it's been through all the sims games and clearly enough people want it included into their game.
    There should be an option for people to turn it off if they're too sensitive about a cartoon fanciful burglar coming to steal their fridge.
    Cute-Russian-Girl-Smiles-Waves-For-The-Camera-Russia-At-The-2014-Fifa-World-Cup.gif
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Yes if I could stop it, I remember waking sims up and certain sims (and the police) could confront the burglar and a fight would ensue. It was pretty interesting and the whole family (including pets) would come to watch. I remember having my female sim flirt with the responding officer and she ended up married to him. :)
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I find the poll answers a bit biased.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    After seeing today's livestream, it makes me want to have Burglars even more now that we can store all this money somewhere and have no NPC to steal it. No, I don't want to create the scenario myself, why don't you give me the NPC to help illustrate for me!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    No - I would like for my sims to keep their stuff, thank you very much.
    I don’t want burglars because of anxiety issues I have. I can’t even handle thunderstorms, let alone burglars!!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • ThisISMariaThisISMaria Posts: 104 Member
    edited November 2018
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    I don’t want burglars because of anxiety issues I have. I can’t even handle thunderstorms, let alone burglars!!

Well are you acceptable of the fact that your sims can still die by fires, drowning, starving to death, and most importantly vampires coming to try and suck your blood in the middle of the night? Because these things seem totally fine to have in the game; yet a burglar seems to be controversial.
    Cute-Russian-Girl-Smiles-Waves-For-The-Camera-Russia-At-The-2014-Fifa-World-Cup.gif
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    AriaMad2 wrote: »

Well are you acceptable of the fact that your sims can still die by fires, drowning, starving to death, and most importantly vampires coming to try and suck your blood in the middle of the night? Because these things seem totally fine to have in the game; yet a burglar seems to be controversial.

For real I actually hate the vamps doing that to my poor Sims they were cool untill they broke into people's houses sucking blood.
  • Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    Other
    We already do, it's called Kleptomaniac Butlers.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    edited November 2018
    We already do, it's called Kleptomaniac Butlers.

butlers isn't the same thing as burglers..check out Sims 1, 2 and 3 footage. Besides butlers don't need to break into someone's home to steal-- they already live there!!

I used to have some ideas about burglers but I can't remember what they're
    6adMCGP.gif
  • LoftyyLoftyy Posts: 101 Member
    I'd like to either confront the burglar myself or have my dog chase him out!
    It would also be interesting to become friends with the burglar and marry them.. lol
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I'm always down for some unpredictability.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• xlixli Posts: 17 Member
    YES! nows the perfect time to add them. esp now that our famous sims will have money vaults
  • KingdomHeartsKingdomHearts Posts: 11 New Member
    Burglars and firefighters.
    They just add reality to the game...
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    absolutely yes, we need more unpredictableness in the game. It's a huge event when we have a fire, but that's the only unpredictable event we have. We need more.