Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🌟 Pangaea, A New World ❣

Comments

• Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Looking forward to seeing more of your new world when you are ready to start again :D
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @Rflong7 -I hope your new project is to be kept simple with blank lots as I prefer placing my own builds down.I also don't place all rabbit holes in a new game as not all are needed when a town is just starting out.I've got to get back to work on my simple project again soon.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I really like the look of the world love the way you have placed my fav sorts of lots along the beach/water line.. (I so love my beach lots-) I also like the way the city is more inland really looking forward to seeing more..it actually reminds me a little of one of your large 2 worlds that I have slowly starting to fill up again :)

I feel your pain at the reinstall I just hope it wasn't too depressing :)

• fxchrfxchrfxchrfxchr Posts: 329 Member
    I like the look of your flat-ish world. The size of the world looks manageable too. A request: perhaps you could squeeze in lots of small-ish residential lots (empty or otherwise) for my poor but prolific Sims ;-) ?
    Firby nurbs!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :mrgreen:
    @suzses wrote: »
    I see you managed to sneak in a little hill and cliff ;) It looks very nice, even if flat, and will probably be nice to play. Looking forward to seeing more of your un-flat world, too, of course.

Oh, and love your candy corn :D

I did. I might have put in a tiny waterfall, too. Shhh ;)
    Looking forward to seeing more of your new world when you are ready to start again :D

I'm building some lots, now. Hope you're doing well! :cookie:

@TadOlson wrote: »
    @Rflong7 -I hope your new project is to be kept simple with blank lots as I prefer placing my own builds down.I also don't place all rabbit holes in a new game as not all are needed when a town is just starting out.I've got to get back to work on my simple project again soon.

It was a request so it was to their requirements with all the lots and prebuilt. :)
    I can remove all the lots if you would like it that way.
    I really like the look of the world love the way you have placed my fav sorts of lots along the beach/water line.. (I so love my beach lots-) I also like the way the city is more inland really looking forward to seeing more..it actually reminds me a little of one of your large 2 worlds that I have slowly starting to fill up again :)

I feel your pain at the reinstall I just hope it wasn't too depressing :)

Thanks so much! :mrgreen:
    I like the look of your flat-ish world. The size of the world looks manageable too. A request: perhaps you could squeeze in lots of small-ish residential lots (empty or otherwise) for my poor but prolific Sims ;-) ?

Thanks! I think I can squeeze in an area for some small lots before uploading it. :)

@Rflong7 -It would be a great idea to have a blank version first and change the world's ID number in S3PE before making a version with everything for the other person and share both versions.I'm leaving my Roverview makeover world blank and adding lots in a save file.It might be a great idea for you to do a Riverview makeover with the changes to the world's ID like I'm doing as practice for CAW if you're rusty at using it.
    edited November 2018
    @TadOlson wrote: »
    @Rflong7 -It would be a great idea to have a blank version first and change the world's ID number in S3PE before making a version with everything for the other person and share both versions.I'm leaving my Roverview makeover world blank and adding lots in a save file.It might be a great idea for you to do a Riverview makeover with the changes to the world's ID like I'm doing as practice for CAW if you're rusty at using it.

Thanks, @TadOlson I'm not rusty at S3pe nor do I want to leave a world empty first. For me, building up a worlds shows me more areas to touch up and lets me know the size lots I and other players may need. And no, leaving no lots would still limit how lots can be placed in game. This isn't a large flat map but a huge, open land area with many hills and restricted flat lot placement. While I might not be as good at building ideas as I used to be, I'll do my best. :)

(Now, if someone wants this world empty, I'm not going to change the world id. People can either have it empty or built- it's a free choice.)
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    Oh wow this looks amazing, and so happy to see you still world building! I've fallen head over heels inlove with your worlds this past week :D I'm kicking myself for being too stubborn to change worlds all these years :p
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
    McTosh wrote: »
    Oh wow this looks amazing, and so happy to see you still world building! I've fallen head over heels inlove with your worlds this past week :D I'm kicking myself for being too stubborn to change worlds all these years :p

Thanks! @McTosh :mrgreen:
    There are So many Awesome worlds out there created by so many talented people. I feel most comfortable in my Legacy Island 3, myself. Even if I love Beach City because it has so much room and Everything I want, It's too big for my own computer. XD
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    McTosh wrote: »

Thanks! @McTosh :mrgreen:
    There are So many Awesome worlds out there created by so many talented people. I feel most comfortable in my Legacy Island 3, myself. Even if I love Beach City because it has so much room and Everything I want, It's too big for my own computer. XD

for last few years i've played only on storybrook and evansdale, i was just always comfortable enough on them I never even thought of changing. but wow i wish i tried yours sooner. it's so unbuggy too, apart from that one problem i posted i've literally not had any other at all, rarely ever any stuck sim notifications and when there is it's usually just other sims in the way and nothing to do with the map.

i'll have to try your beach city one out soon but right now i'm so happy starting my new fresh legacy on your island <3 we just had our first child so we're on it to stay now :D

can't wait to see this one you're making too it sounds really interesting, map scattered with small villages and towns. good luck and happy simming and thanks for all your work!!
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
    @Rflong7 -I have to get back into your Beach City and start setting it up for a new legacy since it would be perfect for a long term one.I've got one in Evermore Falls which is at least as big as Beach City if not bigger and it's nowhere near being too big for my computer.I would still take an empty world from you evenif it meant I'd not be using the other version.I can still fill it up to use the nhd for a vacation world in another game.I've been using some of my new CC in houses and would have to share that with the homes if I ever upload the houses to share.
    edited November 2018
    Hi :)

I'm working on the view closer to the ground now. Trying to set up some nice views. :)
    Still trying to work out the lot sizes to place. I didn't really make the city area that big, Maybe not big enough. :(

z28G5rQ.jpg

FvdK6B5.jpg

PVuPubH.jpg

CgeZAtO.jpg

Setting up paths
    Y52LkuM.jpg
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Still loving this world, @Rflong7 ! <3 Since I tend to like more rural worlds, it's probably going to be my cup of tea.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Lovely <3 you really are a mastercraftsman when it comes to composition and colouring <3
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
    Thanks so much! :heart:@suzses @Bettyboop55
  • SeriphinaFyieSeriphinaFyie Posts: 3,506 Member
    Looks so beautiful! Your creations are always so lovely. Looking forward to watching this one develop.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Rflong7

beautiful world pictures look at those lovely long pathways surrounded by beautiful scenery I see lots and lots of horses and horse riding in this world :)
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    I wish I could be that sim! So lovely
    Thanks so much for such encouraging words. SeriphinaFyie @SPARKY1922 @ZeeGee :mrgreen::cookie:

• equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    edited November 2018
    @Rflong7 How did you create the boardwalk area in your large, flat world? I wanted to create something similar, but I'm new to all the CAW stuff, and I'm having a hard time picturing how to do it.

Also, your worlds are absolutely beautiful, and are an endless source of inspiration! <3
    edited November 2018
    @equuest wrote: »
    @Rflong7 How did you create the boardwalk area in your large, flat world? I wanted to create something similar, but I'm new to all the CAW stuff, and I'm having a hard time picturing how to do it.

Also, your worlds are absolutely beautiful, and are an endless source of inspiration! <3

Use the Mask tool in the Terrain Tools.

You can mask an area (full strength-square brush) which you want to keep at that size and then use the valley or another terrain editing brush to level/lower the land around it.

Make sure to leave room around the area for Sims to walk- animals get stuck with less than 2 spaces, iirc.
    *Rewrite that- make sure to have the area big enough for the lot and some space around it for animals not to get stuck. :)

e65ddc69.jpg

af2f025b.jpg

It works best on the 0 or 90 grid but you can do an angle. It only takes more work to make sure the land is correctly hidden and level.
  • readypostreadypost Posts: 60 Member
    50 yrs old and I giggled with glee when I saw you had a new world up on the exchange. It's being installed as I type and can't wait to move my equestrian fairy couple with all their horses & dogs to Elysium ! Love the flat open areas.I remodeled the Rookery from the bin as their house and I spied a lot across from the Equestrian Center that looks perfect for all of them ! Thank you so much , Rflong ,for your time and patience in creating this for others. Big hugs to ya! Now off to Elysium ! :):p
    @readypost wrote: »
    50 yrs old and I giggled with glee when I saw you had a new world up on the exchange. It's being installed as I type and can't wait to move my equestrian fairy couple with all their horses & dogs to Elysium ! Love the flat open areas.I remodeled the Rookery from the bin as their house and I spied a lot across from the Equestrian Center that looks perfect for all of them ! Thank you so much , Rflong ,for your time and patience in creating this for others. Big hugs to ya! Now off to Elysium ! :):p

Hi :mrgreen:

Awesome~ Thank you! It makes me giggle when I get such Wonderful comments. Big Hugs back :cookie:

• equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    edited November 2018
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    @equuest wrote: »

Use the Mask tool in the Terrain Tools.

You can mask an area (full strength-square brush) which you want to keep at that size and then use the valley or another terrain editing brush to level/lower the land around it.

Make sure to leave room around the area for Sims to walk- animals get stuck with less than 2 spaces, iirc.
    *Rewrite that- make sure to have the area big enough for the lot and some space around it for animals not to get stuck. :)

e65ddc69.jpg

af2f025b.jpg

It works best on the 0 or 90 grid but you can do an angle. It only takes more work to make sure the land is correctly hidden and level.

:open_mouth: I didn't know this tool existed. I have to try it out! Thank you for the detailed explanation! I guess if I keep slowly chipping away at it then I'll get something that I'm happy with. :)

I restarted my project because it seemed like the small world was too small. Hopefully a medium world won't be too much space to fill!
    @equuest You can also use the Mask tool for painting. There's an Invert option which can come in handy, too. =]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top