Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So what do you think they're announcing during the next Maxis Monthly?

Comments

• LanieBorneLanieBorne Posts: 74 Member
    I am hoping for burglars or some kind of crime aspect, height, personality, disabilities, create a world, or a personality/traits update.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm guessing that "small but fun" is the Positivity Challenge.
    As for the gamechanging feature -- before we get CAW, we'll need to be able to edit public areas, so I'm guessing that's what we'll get. But I really don't know.
  • JordizaJordiza Posts: 6 New Member
    CAW might be possible, since the GUI update made room for all sorts of new worlds!
  • JordizaJordiza Posts: 6 New Member
    I wish they gave us a free university system, but I doubt that'd happen. We can dream, right?
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I like the idea of the 'small, but fun' being about babies. Maybe they're still stuck to the bassinets, but they've given them a 'small' update such as; new onesies, new bassinets or colors/patterns for it, hair, a mobile lower to the ground they can actually bat at or perhaps a few new interactions?

If they weren't an object stuck to that darn bassinet I'd say maybe even an actual changing table to change their diapers/clothes that could be used for toddlers too. I loved that about TS2 babies. You could even give them a bath, in a sink or a bathtub!

Meh, probably never happen, but fun to think about eh? Just a very wild shot in the dark...

What I really think it is though, is a juicer or doorbell. Both small, but both game changing in their own way. I would absolutely LOVE doorbells or a juicer, but especially doorbells. :)

Now, the part where the game changer said we'd all go crazy for it puzzles me though, IF it's really something small. I had an idea it might be helicopters as a form of transportation instead of cars. It would make sense for celebrities to have them too to make their 'grand' entrances to events or a helipad on the roof of their mansions, for example.

Plus, we've seen helicopters buzzing around in the game already in a lot of the worlds. Airplanes & floatplanes too. I know, I know, it's all fake fx in the name of realism/immersion. *sigh*

But, well, all that's not small at all is it? Something like that would be HUGE! :p

I really think we will get cars at some future date though. Especially since they included driveways connected to the roads of all the lots in the new GF world. Hmm... maybe helicopters will be available for use in ALL worlds, but cars will only be available for use on lots connected to roads? I don't know, I'm really reaching (dreaming) here now. lol

Anyway, Happy Simming and have a great weekend everyone! <3

I'm totally in the "I'd love to see an update for babies" camp, in fact, I just made a whole video on what I'd like to see. While I'd love to see it; I wouldn't class it as "small but fun." I think an overhaul to babies would be a big deal and take a lot longer. If they're going to overhaul them, I'd wish that they were to toddler standard level - make them the best we've ever seen in the franchise.

I also don't think CAW could be classed as "small but fun" - I think that'd be another HUGE update.

I'm kind of stumped as to what it could be...maybe multi-functional lots like someone mentioned earlier in this thread. That would be mind blowing to me. :smile:
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Disabilities?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I bet it's that new Jasmine Holiday Challenge that got leaked during the Livestream.

I'm going to not get too overexcited about it but I'm betting the announcement will be this.

http://simscommunity.info/2018/10/26/the-sims-4-the-positivity-online-challenge-coming-soon/

After what Simmer Johnny said on YouTube I now doubt this is about that challenge. He said they saw it at Sims Camp and can't tell us what it is but it's coming in the November Update. He said it's going to knock our socks off. A Jasmine Challenge wouldn't do that.

The challenge might be the main thing discussed in the broadcast, but I don't think it's gamechanging -- not on the level of things like terrain tools, for example. I think they'll talk about the challenge, then as the late Steve Jobs used to say, "And one more thing..." and they'll roll out the new surprise.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Jordiza wrote: »
    I wish they gave us a free university system, but I doubt that'd happen. We can dream, right?

I'd settle for adding homeschool options, maybe some sort of "study from home" features like in the CL careers. By the time my Sim kids and teens spend the day in school, come home and do homework then have dinner, there's not much time for them to work on skills or even just play, especially since they've got a 9pm curfew.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    If the CM has already said it's not a big thing, maybe the gamechanger shouldn't have hyped it so much, guess I forget about World Builder because anything less isn't going to blow my mind as she stated so maybe we just should listen to the CM and not gamechangers' hype. Click Bait?

Also each people have different personality. Its possible for that gamechanger to have thay feature classified as game changing while for others not. Example is Cats and Dogs. Its game changing for me but for otherd its not. I think its better to take it from kaye since afterall she is the Cm
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    All our guesses and then they reveal.... A new photo frame.

or a T Shirt 😃
  • DarlinMarlinDarlinMarlin Posts: 1 New Member
    Nothing for The Sims Mobile. It's like the person who provides for the family through criminal activity because no one ever acknowledges it but they're totally cool taking the money though.
  • BingBangBingBongBingBangBingBong Posts: 68 Member
    There are definitely two separate features on the way. Even if the Positivity Challenge was the only additional feature coming in the next patch the game changers would still not be allowed to say anything about it regardless of the content leak by the gurus.

Sims Community has indirectly confirmed that the challenge is not the mystery feature because he released a video about it 4 days ago. He included screenshots from Sims Camp of the positivity posters you collect during the challenge. Since the game changers were made to delete or remove all content about the mystery feature from their capture sessions, Sims Community would not have been able to share those screenshots.

Video link for those who are curious:
    https://youtu.be/E9NbQNioTUk
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    Small but fun = doorbell

I hope we get to choose how they sound, if that's what it is.

https://youtu.be/0ucYQwPhp8o

I'd really like one like this irl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI8r7-qUkR0
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    https://youtu.be/LPT8urWk4_Y

Like someone in the comments said, he says feature not object. I'm still hoping for new babies as a feature.
  • AntonAnton Posts: 35 Member
    Honestly CAW would make the most sense to me. Anyway, it’s not about the positivity challenge - SimsCommunity said he has special FOOTAGE of the new FEATURE waiting for Nov 6.
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Anton wrote: »
    Honestly CAW would make the most sense to me. Anyway, it’s not about the positivity challenge - SimsCommunity said he has special FOOTAGE of the new FEATURE waiting for Nov 6.

oh man they've already got the footage of it? I really don't know what it could be. . . the vids I watched made it sound like something this franchise hasn't had before but I dunno what that could be really.
    6riwm5.png
    Anton wrote: »

Yup I'm glad it's probably not the positivity challenge.

Caw would be amazing but how would it work with the back drops
  • summerfireflysummerfirefly Posts: 17 Member
    Hmm! With the base game update adding more room for worlds on the main screen, that could make sense with CAW!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Another gallery update? :o
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • 1ovemysims1ovemysims Posts: 57 Member
    Would love to see some pond animals. Some ducks swans like that.Any sort of pond package with the pond tool.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited November 2018
    It's a feature coming in the next update that they haven't revealed yet. That's what they are showcasing supposedly.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    I'm guessing that "small but fun" is the Positivity Challenge.
    As for the gamechanging feature -- before we get CAW, we'll need to be able to edit public areas, so I'm guessing that's what we'll get. But I really don't know.

It's a lot bigger then the positivity challenge
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNkV9LOzaWE

Like someone in the comments said, he says feature not object. I'm still hoping for new babies as a feature.

I like how he announced the feature with the bleep. :D:p
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Another gallery update? :o
    No they wouldn't be hyping a gallery update like this. I think the next Gallery Update is coming in the December Update.

I like how he announced the feature with the bleep. :D:p

Hahah I just wish we could know already and then when we know it'll be like another week. The wait is killing me! It's soo much better when I wasn't playing and come back to all the new stuff